rllmuk
Nespresso

Red Letter Media Fan Club

There's a terrifying parallel universe where instead of Macaulay Culkin we get Max Landis as the so-regular-he-might-as-well-be-part-of-the-team guest. 

They mentioned in their podcast they're doing an episode with Roar, which WTF how had I never heard of this?

Roar began filming in California in 1976, and took 11 years to complete. Over 70 of the cast and crew are believed to have been injured during the production of Roar. Because of this, many of the attacks from the animals resulted in real blood from the actors showing up in the final cut of the film. It has been described as "the most dangerous film ever made".

Cinematographer Jan de Bont had his head scalped by a lion while filming under a tarp. The scalping resulted in him receiving 220 stitches. Tippi Hedren received a fractured leg after an elephant bucked her off its back while she was riding it, and also received scalp wounds. She was also bitten in the neck by a lion and required 38 stitches. Melanie Griffith had to receive 50 stitches to her face, and it was feared she would lose an eye. She recovered and was not disfigured. Noel Marshall was attacked so many times that he was eventually diagnosed with gangrene. In one of those incidents, he was clawed by a cheetah when protecting the animals during a bushfire that occurred in 1979. All animals were evacuated though it took several years for him to recover from his injuries. John Marshall was bitten by one of the lions and required 56 stitches. Marshall's brother Jerry was bitten in the foot while wearing tennis shoes on set. Assistant Director Doron Kauper had his throat bitten open, his jaw was bitten, and one of the lions attempted to rip an ear off. He was also injured in the head, chest, and thigh. Due to the injuries, turnover was high as many did not want to return to the set. Some of the lions also suffered from illnesses that reduced their population. 15 lions and tigers escaped the set, leading the Sheriff and local law enforcement to shoot and kill 3 lions, including the lead lion Robbie.

The film was released in 1981 and 1982 in Australia and European countries, but was screened for only one week. The film was not released theatrically in the United States

Roar had a domestic gross of $110,000, making it a box-office bomb.

• Upvote 3

On 03/06/2019 at 03:01, deerokus said:

It appears Macaulay Culkin has a podcast. The RLM guys were on it 

https://overcast.fm/+LgPsLzluI 

I finally got round to listening to this, it's well worth a listen. Includes the full story of the Dick the Birthday Boy photo!

Rich Evans is my spirit animal. 

Those hack frauds finally did it!

(but really, they should have 10 times the subscribers they actually do)

• Upvote 1

On 06/06/2019 at 17:12, RubberJohnny said:

They mentioned in their podcast they're doing an episode with Roar, which WTF how had I never heard of this?

I'm sure Roar was featured on Blue Peter when it was in production. Simon Groom visited the set... Lots of kid friendly B-roll of Goldie being mailed to death.

Absolutely cracking. That debut game of Junka was tense as fuck. 

• Upvote 2

I don't know why it made me laugh so much when they started bleeping the word butt.

On 05/06/2019 at 19:30, Shoes said:

New Wheel of the Worst!

“Nasty porch”

:lol:

• Upvote 1

As soon as Mike said his terrible idea, I face palmed. Then I thought, oh shit, they're gonna do it! Great video.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, gizmo1990 said:

As soon as Mike said his terrible idea, I face palmed. Then I thought, oh shit, they're gonna do it! Great video.

I genuinely love his terrible idea, as Rich said in that video it would be a glorious mess. 

I would be totally down for that happening. 

5 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

I genuinely love his terrible idea, as Rich said in that video it would be a glorious mess. 

I would be totally down for that happening. 

I'm more with Mike. It's a terrible awful idea, but the least terrible awful idea given the circumstances. The Ewoks' would be amazing though.:lol:

Wait the fucker who wrote Batman v Superman and Justice League is behind the screenplay for the next Star Wars? If you're a white guy with connections in Hollywood you really can only fail upwards.

• Upvote 3

I still don't agree that "not being able to predict what happens" is a reason last jedi is bad. You could arguably level that same sort of criticism at empire in regards to "I don't know what's going to happen, what are they going to do? (rescue han and ) kill the bad guy. They've got less rebels, that's something I guess".

Evil ewoks looking after the emperor is great though. 

Edit: and while we're here, my prediction is still that rey is flipping on to the ship to team up with kylo, rather than to fight him. 

35 minutes ago, b00dles said:

I still don't agree that "not being able to predict what happens" is a reason last jedi is bad. You could arguably level that same sort of criticism at empire in regards to "I don't know what's going to happen, what are they going to do? (rescue han and ) kill the bad guy. They've got less rebels, that's something I guess".

Evil ewoks looking after the emperor is great though. 

Edit: and while we're here, my prediction is still that rey is flipping on to the ship to team up with kylo, rather than to fight him. 

Y'see, that's where I hoped they'd go with these three films. The idea that you have this blue-eyed girl with massive amounts of potential, but falls to the dark side, whilst conflicted Ren beats all the shitty stuff and becomes good under the tutilage of old Luke - who's clearly never meant to be a trainer of anything ever.

Everything Disney have done with these films has given me massive amounts of disappointment and 'meh'. 

I'm generally with rich in regards to the fact the story was over with return of the jedi.

I don't want to derail into the same polarised views on last jedi but I do think how they setup the world after the fall of the empire didn't make any sense at all with the first order etc.

Although it wasn't that good really, the Thrawn stories in the early 90s would have been better than the prequels or even the mish mash they've gone into with this sequel trilogy. 

I'd almost have enjoyed the story about the whills and the symbiotic relationship thing Lucas intended for the sequels just for the lolz.

Abrams set up a stupid story with nowhere to go because the First Order vs the Rebels made absolutely no sense.

• Upvote 2

Wait until the next trilogy. The revolutionary association vs the sovereignty is going to be a fresh take that will blow your mind.

• Upvote 1

I want to believe their theory is wrong, but after Solo I think they’ve really got their finger on the Hollywood hack writer pulse.

Their crackpot theory is far more entertaining than any of the depressingly likely JJtastic rumours/leaks I've read.