IGNORED

Cobra Kai - Now on Netflix

JohnC

1 hour ago, Doctor Shark said:

I didn’t watch s3. The teen drama was getting a bit much by the end of s2 despite being the worst bit of the story and s3 looked like it just doubled down on that. How’s s4 shaping up in that regard? 

There is definitely a big focus on the adults in terms of Johnny/Daniel and Kreese/Someone. But they're also not ditching the kids storylines either. I'm 5 episodes in and think it is the weakest season so far but also still my favourite ever tv series. If you skipped S3 you missed some great moments involving Daniel!

18 minutes ago, probotector said:

Dunno why the first few eps of any season of anything have to be so slow, but it picks up in the 2nd half and the fight scenes are really good I thought! 

All the kids have been practicing hard it seems 

Yeah, the fights in the last two are excellent. Best they have had. Poor Miguel has been packing on the ol' pounds tho.

Yeah Miguel was looking portly throughout the season and he didn’t fight much at all, not sure if there are any healthy issues with me.

There was one episode where he was trim again, and then porky for the rest of the season again.

12 minutes ago, probotector said:

Yeah Miguel was looking portly throughout the season and he didn’t fight much at all, not sure if there are any healthy issues with me.

There was one episode where he was trim again, and then porky for the rest of the season again.

Yes, that was strange but the wife and I noticed it too. Presumably shooting was delayed by Covid?

Whereas Mary Mouser was noticeably thinner than last season.

Yeah it looks to be going that way.

Silver was the highlight of the season. His slow burn reverse character building was entertaining to watch and he seems like a sympathetic character as well but it’s clear season 5 will be the full OTT evil Silver we all know. 

Cobra Kai is peak story telling. 

1 hour ago, Chewylegs said:

It was great and I now wish I didn't binge it all so quickly (season 4) but it has to be said, that prom episode was fucking awful😂

It really was. Especially the twirly fighting :D

Over four seasons it's inevitably transitioned from being something genuinely mind-blowing (Karate Kids, 40 years later) to being something very comfortable and formulaic. But it's still very watchable, mainly due to great performances from the main cast, and Johnny and Daniel in particular. They are clearly scraping the barrel now in terms of characters to bring back - Terry was the worst baddie as his movie was the worst of the original trilogy, but I'm glad they did bring him back just for the sake of completeness. 

12 minutes ago, Anne Summers said:

Over four seasons it's inevitably transitioned from being something genuinely mind-blowing (Karate Kids, 40 years later) to being something very comfortable and formulaic. But it's still very watchable, mainly due to great performances from the main cast, and Johnny and Daniel in particular. They are clearly scraping the barrel now in terms of characters to bring back - Terry was the worst baddie as his movie was the worst of the original trilogy, but I'm glad they did bring him back just for the sake of completeness. 

but he’s also the best baddie now 

This continues to be the most watchable show on anything anywhere. Finished season four two nights ago and I'm already watching it again. The writing is so good and this one built up to the perfect end.

I want to know when Karate's "Bad Boy" is going to make an appearance?

Binged the whole of season 4 over 2 nights, I love this show so much. Its cheesy but so damn enjoyable and dramatic. The choreography seems to have stepped up a notch this season too, the actors have really put a lot of time into it haven't they, especially the fight between

Spoiler

Robbie and Eli in the final. Also I properly marked out when Eli won too. This show got me invested like it's real :lol:

It was a bit obvious Cobra Kai was winning when Sam was the final fight rather than Eli. Having her lose means more to the story and the relationship with her dad/her friends

Can't believe they've managed to make a spin off of Karate Kid work this well 30+ years down the line and it go 4 seasons, with a 5th to come.