Cobra Kai - Now on Netflix

JohnC

Spoiler

The bit when Kreese became BOSS in the jail was really cool.

Johnny and Daniel fucked up by lying to him though. 

Escapee Kreese now has to hide in the shadows - Cobra Kai’s rep is ruined - he’ll want to rebuild it but with someone else running it.  He’ll want Johnny back… 

I thought series 6 would be all about the world karate championship as well?

7 hours ago, Chewylegs said:

Just finished it.  Brilliantly watchable nonsense that doesn't disappoint on the hitting the right nostalgia points.

Chozen is just awesome in this and my favourite character of the season.

I liked when Chosen and Jonny were bonding over how they used to bully Lapusso 😅

Honestly never expected this show to have (final episode spoilers)

Spoiler

a dude getting his fingers chopped off with a sword.

Also, God knows what Chozen's made out of to bandage that one on his back up.

Honestly, the show's getting outlandish and these heart to hearts that pop up every ten seconds continue to be annoying, but it still has its moments.

1 hour ago, sammy said:

Fab season, elevated no end by Chozen.  I’m kind of hoping the next one is the last though, it’s been such a fun ride and I’d hate to see it limping into irrelevance. 

likewise - it's great fun, but unless there's an alien invasion or something - there's only so far they can take this.  I imagine the world championship would the big deal...

I reckon they could stretch it to two more because

Spoiler

The international tournament is new territory so they can easily build to a climax where Miyagi Fang narrowly lose out to be avenged in Season 7.

I loved how Stingray explained his moral dilemma via the workings of D&D. 😆

One episode to go.. it continues to be the most wonderfully cheese-strewn ride. So much fun even with the teen melodrama – which they have toned down a little this season, i think.

My only disappointment is..

Spoiler

I want more Mike Barnes! I hope he shows up in this last ep, but seem highly unlikely. 

Despite that, love how they handled his character.

Chozen has indeed been great

Spoiler

From his takedown of the other Sensei, to his embarassed hang-up after his drunken call - all gold!

It's getting so silly that, by the time they got to the big battle at the end, I was thinking the only way they could escalate things while keeping it in-universe would be to wheel out deepfake Mr Miyage.

There's another season left I guess so I'm not totally convinced it won't happen at some point. Although I guess he would be in his 90s by now. 

Just caught up, thought that was a great season - maybe the best one. The last episode was mental, with some properly well choreographed fights. 

Question:

Spoiler

Silver has a terminal illness right? He mentioned quite a few times about life being short and legacy etc as well as having a reason to be in the hospital elevator when he met Johnny. Not sure if it has been explicitly said though? 

I actually thought the series started off a bit slow and I was getting ready to make a "oh well at least we got 4 good series" post but then the last part of the story arc properly redeemed it. 

Spoiler

All of them just deciding to go and kick Silver's head in when they were drunk was probably the best moment of the show so far. 

On 20/09/2022 at 16:10, Mawdlin said:

I reckon they could stretch it to two more because

Hide contents

The international tournament is new territory so they can easily build to a climax where Miyagi Fang narrowly lose out to be avenged in Season 7.

I loved how Stingray explained his moral dilemma via the workings of D&D. 😆

That bit got me right in the feels. The character is often little more than comic relief but that scene was surprisingly effective at humanising him.

Overall I loved this season. I felt the level of threat escalated just right. It all still felt consistent with the world they've established but it had that extra edge. The riper language was a surprise but the two times the F bomb was dropped were just perfect. 😄