Jump to content
IGNORED

Cobra Kai - Now on Netflix


JohnC
 Share

Recommended Posts

Have to agree that the overall quality dropped off massively, but Johnny's character remains interesting. Perhaps there was too much focus on some of the kids. The bits that did it for me were all Johnny, Kreese, and Daniel. The dojo and kids serve a useful backdrop to that story and I get the mirroring and that the other characters are useful for a bit of relief, so perhaps it just felt a bit juvenile and poorly scripted at times. 

 

Didn't really get anything out of reuniting the original Cobra's, which surprised me. Missed Dutch.

 

Loved the bits where Johnny and Daniel realise they could and should just be friends, only to return to mutual hatred.

 

Kreese was excellent.

 

A lot of the stuff around the main story was bordering on excruciating.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 03/06/2019 at 15:48, CactuarBill said:

I don't know what you people are on about but it was great, really enjoyed that last episode. It isn't as good as the first season but it had some great moments.  

 

It's a TV show made for YouTube.  The quality is still there and what makes it good, are the characters.  Very much looking forward to season 3.

 

Just finished S2 and I agree I really enjoyed it. I think the balance (haw) between the young uns and the oldies is just about right. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really enjoyed series two. It's Karate Kid and keeps to exactly the same spirit. 

 

Johnny is a great actor. Has he been in much else since Karate Kid? If not, they must be chuffed at digging him up.

 

Can't work out how 'Sam' got the gig though.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

With Youtube abandoning premium service scripted shows, season 3 will be appearing elsewhere. The field of contenders seems to have been narrowed down to Hulu and Netflix, with whoever wins getting season 3 exclusive and the first two non-exclusive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, JohnC said:

With Youtube abandoning premium service scripted shows, season 3 will be appearing elsewhere. The field of contenders seems to have been narrowed down to Hulu and Netflix, with whoever wins getting season 3 exclusive and the first two non-exclusive.

 

That will hopefully be Netflix in the UK.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, thesnwmn said:

The first two seasons have arrived on Netflix. Enjoyed season one a lot.

 

My only issue is that it has a habit of showing drink driving without question or consequence. In these times I think that’s unacceptable.

 

A lot of TV shows still do that these days, and I agree with you. Americans eh. The stuff they let in TV shows, and the stuff they don't let in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 29/08/2020 at 21:20, drmick said:

 

A lot of TV shows still do that these days, and I agree with you. Americans eh. The stuff they let in TV shows, and the stuff they don't let in.

It doesn't seem to be anything like as socially unacceptable in the US as it is here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/06/2019 at 15:50, gospvg said:

I'm assuming this is ok to watch with kids aged 8 and 12?

Hmmm, it depends. It’s quite sweary so depends on your attitude to that with your kids (an F-word in episode 1, quite a few shits), and in episode 2, some nerdy kid says of the typical rich hot nasty girl, that he wanted her to spit in his face (and a few other not-very-innuendo comments).
 

So I’m finding it a bit squirmy to watch with my 10 and 12 year old, not for the language, or the fighting, but the sexually-themed stuff. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 29/08/2020 at 19:11, thesnwmn said:

The first two seasons have arrived on Netflix. Enjoyed season one a lot.

 

My only issue is that it has a habit of showing drink driving without question or consequence. In these times I think that’s unacceptable.


In LA it’s totally normal, as barmy as that may seem - I know thy is because I got in a car with a friend who did it, to my shame. 
 

Anyway, I’m up to S1E3 now that it’s on Netflix and it’s really good! Funny, sweet at times and with just the right amount of nostalgia without being too much. 
 

Love Johnny’s technique for teaching how to kick, and the window-washing visual gag was properly hilarious. 
 

Much better than it has any right to be!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Twinbee said:

Hmmm, it depends. It’s quite sweary so depends on your attitude to that with your kids (an F-word in episode 1, quite a few shits), and in episode 2, some nerdy kid says of the typical rich hot nasty girl, that he wanted her to spit in his face (and a few other not-very-innuendo comments).
 

So I’m finding it a bit squirmy to watch with my 10 and 12 year old, not for the language, or the fighting, but the sexually-themed stuff. 


Yep we decided to not let them watch it, back to Just Add Magic & Disney they both went, however I did enjoy watching it with my son. Now waiting for season 3.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.