Cobra Kai - Now on Netflix

I think to be honest the show peaked with the first season. The second one had its moments, but by the current one it's already milked all the drama out of the concept.

I managed to finish it all in one day.

Loved it.

Final episode spoiler:

Spoiler

I knew exactly where this season would be heading, but fuck if I didn't get emotional at everyone coming together.

It was heading that way long before Netflix were involved, but this is the epitome of that classic Netflix (really just current) "stretch it" ethos. Where they take something that was good for X amount of content and make X*10 amount of content instead. Every little misunderstanding spinning into drama when everyone involved should know better given everything that has come before.

I'm predicting 6 seasons and a movie. 

25 minutes ago, Gambit said:

I managed to finish it all in one day.

Loved it.

Final episode spoiler:

Hide contents

I knew exactly where this season would be heading, but fuck if I didn't get emotional at everyone coming together.

Same!

Spoiler

Then I got even more emotional when I realised it was the end of the season, there were no more eps, and we got robbed of the tournament 

Pffft

Spoiler

Blue balls ending. More wheel spinning nonsense trying to stretch things out as long as they can because it's a popular show. Netflix devalue every show when they do this. Like butter scraped over too much bread.

The credits music also didn't happen for me and the show ended abruptly after the last line on the Netflix app for some reason and went straight to another show's splash screen, which was pretty anti climactic.

I just smashed the entire season 3 in a day and loved it. 

The first season felt like the perfect tongue in cheek sequel to TKK, totally self aware nods to 80’s cheese. 

second season, while still very good I felt didn’t really know where it was going, although it did get there in the end.  

This was by far the best of the three for me, where it’s now coming into its own with more of its own identity. It’s a superbly stupid, pulpy, self-aware soap opera of cheesy nonsense and I love it! 

The best bits are Johnny and Daniel as middle aged losers hanging on to past glories or resenting past losses. 

The worst bits are anything with the kids. The more they focus on the kids, the worse the show overall. 

On 01/01/2021 at 21:26, Raoull duke said:

It was heading that way long before Netflix were involved, but this is the epitome of that classic Netflix (really just current) "stretch it" ethos. Where they take something that was good for X amount of content and make X*10 amount of content instead. Every little misunderstanding spinning into drama when everyone involved should know better given everything that has come before.

I'm predicting 6 seasons and a movie. 

Nice story bro but I think this season was actually made before the netflix deal

Episode 3 (maybe 4?) spoiler:

I love how Daniel-san

Spoiler

has spent his whole adult life obsessed with Japanese culture, goes to Japan and can barely speak two words of the language :D