ATEI 2004 photos

weeksjh

worst game of the show was some shitty burnout type racer on the konami stand. it's USP - a girl waves her tits in your face every time you mess up.

I think that was quite possibly the worst game I have played, so so far beyond utter rubbish with dreadful controls + not even the pretence of objects on the track (hit big brick wall in middle of road you get moved nicely to one side and carry on at full speed, drive through trees, that sort of thing) + no handling whatsoever. Utterly abysmal.

They also botched the controls for the online Pro Evo (stick + 4 buttons) so the Konami stand was pretty bad overall.

Well, i'm suprised at Konami. They did bloody great race game set in a city (not GTI club) whereby when you crash, some women screams like you've morally fucked up.

Bloody ace. Crash something or other.

Anyway. Konami rule, so its sad to see you giving this a bad review.

I'd quite like a game where a girl waves her tits in your face when you loose.

Of course, it would be better if you could just see the top of her head when you win.

Well, i'm suprised at Konami. They did bloody great race game set in a city (not GTI club) whereby when you crash, some women screams like you've morally fucked up.

Bloody ace. Crash something or other.

Anyway. Konami rule, so its sad to see you giving this a bad review.

I'd quite like a game where a girl waves her tits in your face when you loose.

Of course, it would be better if you could just see the top of her head when you win.

crap racing game found here

they even buggered up the annoying woman overlay on screen bit as you can see (the computer representation is hideously ugly)

they even buggered up the annoying woman overlay on screen bit as you can see (the computer representation is hideously ugly)

heh! I like the way her torso was seemingly on the car bonnet at one point.

I get the impression that it wasn't even a real konami game. There is no logo on the piece of paper they were giving out, anyway.

in other words, the only new thing they had to show that was theirs was a coint drop game. Which was good, because I now have a handful of konami branded coins. :D

Why there is no discussion about it as I never heard of the show before. It will be nice to go to London for a day to look at the arcade. Is the game free or pay to use ?

It's been going for as long as I can remember Legendary,

AND I ALWAYS MISS IT :D

wrong time of year for being on the ball, i guess. January is a weird month.

And yes, all the machines are Freeplay!

next year I will do it!

So how does that big FZero cabinet work then?

It just goes back to the 'old days' of sega with their big hydraulic cabs. You strap yourself in start the game, and then spend 5 minutes jerking around like you're having a fit. But it's fun instead of being life-threatening.

8/10

I have a video of me playing it but I haven't been bothered to chuck it through imovie yet.

The konami stand was a disgrace.

For those looking forward to a dancing stage 3 you'll be upset to hear thy have "no game coming out this year"

ATEI was a good day out but as a forecast for the forthcoming year in arcade terms it made for disappointing viewing. Fifty year old virtua cop 3 cabs, a healthy industry do not make.

But the hydraulic F-zero cab was unequivocally the greatest arcade machine ever conceived. It was like how I imagined arcade machine of the future to be like fifteen years ago. Stunning.

I also have some ATEI pics, but have to put them online ... maybe tonight. I went for two days, mainly for the AWP's/Videoreels and ICE (work for one of the exhibitors of slotmachines) but also played all other stuff. My highlight was definitely the F-Zero AX Cycraft thing, which was a hell of a ride. Really very well done, and it adds enormously to the game. I thought Outrun 2 was a bit disappointing really; not very pretty and quite a boring arcaderacer. Bit of a letdown. Anybody else play that Tokyo Cop game? It was on show last year, and it's really a lot of fun.

oh my god! if it wasnt for the wobbly tits that truely would be the worst arcade game ever! it looks no better than a dodgy psone/n64 game on a midas label!

The framerate is also pretty accurate. It really looked like shit.

Did you notice all those PGA and NFS cabinets by EA? Never knew they were so much into arcade-gaming...

oh my god! if it wasnt for the wobbly tits that truely would be the worst arcade game ever! it looks no better than a dodgy psone/n64 game on a midas label!

Reminds me of Speed Devils on the DC, but not great like that was.

'Can you catch me?'

'No thanks love'

:blink: