Dragon Quest Builders 2 - PS4/Switch - Out Now! GOTY contender.

mogawoods

23 hours ago, oli said:

Ah gotcha. I thought you meant it was worse on the go rather than docked

I think he meant compared with PS4 which has all round better performance, but it's still totally acceptable and playable on Switch IMO - performance is the same docked or handheld as far as I can tell.

• 2 weeks later...

I held off on buying this as I wasn't sure I needed two Dragon Quest-themed building games in my life, but this is so much better than the original it's unreal. Just having townsfolk that actually help out and save all the drudgery makes a huge difference. 

• 1 month later...

I'm part of the way through Moonbrooke, and about to build some more defences to fight against

the Air Force

.  Am I anywhere near the end?  My play time is limited, I feel like I've been playing this for ages, and I'd really like to finish it soon so I can move on to something else.

18 minutes ago, Stejay said:

I'm part of the way through Moonbrooke, and about to build some more defences to fight against

Reveal hidden contents

.  Am I anywhere near the end?  My play time is limited, I feel like I've been playing this for ages, and I'd really like to finish it soon so I can move on to something else.

No probably another 10 to 15 hours depeding on how slow/quick you play.

46 minutes ago, Stejay said:

Cheers, I’d guessed as much. I have practically no in-game building creativity so I’m just following the story and doing little extra besides so hopefully ten hours more should do it.

The next section does change it up slightly so you may start to enjoy the game again. It's my GOTY so far. I got bored of building on the Isle of Awakening after I finished my farming area.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

A little help please rllmuk!

I have a hysterical son in the next room because he seems to have come up against a bug where he cannot sail from Furrowfield. He's completed the Furrowfield quest line and is working on the Isle of Awakening one but sailed back to Furrowfield to "get some bits and bobs".

Now when he goes to the ship with Malroth there is no captain and the sign next to the ship with the 'A' Examine contextual prompt is greyed out. He only has one save file which is on Furrowfield and no auto save files.

To me it looks like there is an event not completed which is locking him out. I don't play the game myself to know what that might be.

Any ideas how to fix it would be greatly received!

EDIT: Solved! Turns out my son had happened to destroy the piece of jetty which the captain should have been standing on so he was actually underneath the water below the hole. I found him by accident when I fell down the same hole.:facepalm:

Edited by Big Swifty
Update