Dragon Quest Builders 2 - PS4/Switch - Out Now! GOTY contender.

mogawoods

2 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Nope

Oh well, I'm still going to get it for my wife. She loved the first one at first but grew to dislike having to start again in progressively shittier looking environments with lazy villagers that do nothing to help.

This sounds like they've fixed that.

I hate you lot.  I stop playing the first one quite early on, yet I still caved and bought this on the strength of this thread.  The only issue now is that I got it from CDKeys and I've been waiting hours (well ok, fifteen minutes or so, but it feels *alot* longer) for the download to become available.  Never had to wait from them before and I need to play it now, dammit.

I'm really pleased because my apathy with the first one meant I wasn't going to touch this with a barge pole but I buckled because you lot are bastards.

Like people have said the quality of life changes are amazing, although I have found trying to leave the combat to malroth and others is a bit lacking. Buy yeah, it's good shit.

Question: after leaving Isle Of Awakening I've not been back and just been doing the quests on the farm. Should I have gone back at any point?

The main quest will take you back when it's time. The overall structure of the game is linear enough that you can't really break anything or do anything wrong. I don't think you actually CAN go back until you've completed the farm sequence, and you certainly can't do anything meaningful. The idea is that you take back what you've learned and gathered and use it back home. 

At that point I fell into a pit of addiction and spent half my Sunday getting things up and running there. I've finished the main goals you need to do before being allowed to go the second island (I assume), which doesn't take very long actually, but I won't be doing that for a while, I have houses to build and land to scape! 

9 hours ago, jonamok said:

Can I just say how much I fucking hate a certain scythe-swinging chap who appears around the farmstead after dark. Hits like a train... the cock.

There is a trick you can use on him if you want to...

Spoiler

Just boop a light source at your feet and he scarpers away yelling about the light burning. :) 

Question for those who've completed Furrowfield, spoiler for those who haven't.

Spoiler

I can now lay down blueprints for residents to build but is it possible at some later point just to get them building basic rooms and so on - or in other words converting my structures into blueprints? I realise I might be spoiling things for myself here so feel free to answer vaguely!

23 hours ago, jonamok said:

Which without context isn’t especially helpful. 

Maybe add: Early game spoiler or summat.

Agreed, sorry was on mobile & just wanted to spoiler the comment for those that have not yet experienced that moment. MG has now added some text.

The one feature I miss from the original game & not sure if it will unlock later is the wall conversion magic you could do to turn dirt wall to wood & then later wood to stone etc. But I'm not sure if this game has the different strengths of the walls because the enemies seem to break through anything.

Also, got a progress-stopping mission glitch towards the end of Furrowfield. Which I worked out how to sort...

Spoiler

You are tasked with finding 30 tomato seeds. Unfortunately myself, Malroth and Doglette had already done a massive trek around the island and got the lot, including stuff in chests, the church etc. As a result although I had them, Perry's mission back at the farm wouldn't progress, and so I couldn't trigger the Harvest Festival.

In the end, the solution was to plant them in the farm, let them fruit, then dig them all up again at which point they filled in the mission bar. Was worried for a minute though!

However, the devs should really have worked out that that was a very easy thing to happen - especially when you're a wee explorer at heart.

1 hour ago, Rikku said:

There is a trick you can use on him if you want to...

Reveal hidden contents

Just boop a light source at your feet and he scarpers away yelling about the light burning. :) 

Genius! The bloody clue was there all along. :lol: