IGNORED

Biomutant, THQ Nordic

Lothar Hex

I’ve been playing it the last couple of weeks and it’s a perfect chewing gum game.

It doesn’t do any one thing particularly well, the structure is all over the shop and the narrator is maddeningly irritating but it’s massively full of charm, looks gorgeous and strangely compulsive even though it has no momentum at all.

I actually really like it, even if I’m not quite sure why.

• 3 weeks later...

Picked this up for £15 in Smyths and am having an absolute blast with it. 

It’s not one for the Souls crowd perhaps but if you want an easy going fun game then give this a try. It most reminds me of another underrated gem, Mini Ninjas. 

52 minutes ago, sandman said:

Picked this up for £15 in Smyths and am having an absolute blast with it. 

It’s not one for the Souls crowd perhaps but if you want an easy going fun game then give this a try. It most reminds me of another underrated gem, Mini Ninjas. 

I finally finished it last week having spent over 30 hours on it so it clearly did something right.

Despite moping up loads of them I still must have left hundreds of side quests still undone but eventually I got tired of the loop and mainlined the end of the story…sadly the combat that was enjoyable for about 2/3rds of the play through gets a bit broken when you pick up a couple of overpowered guns from the bunker things and basically can murderise everything my leaping around and shooting a bit.

But it does do a good compelling loot and explore vibe and the charm of the visuals carry it a long way.

Having had a soft spot for it from the original reveal to the endless delays it was great to finally play it and what is here is a thin but highly relatable gaming snack.

Well worth the £15-20 or so you can pick it up for now but literally will be perfect for Gamepass when it inevitably gets added to the service.

I also loved Mini Ninjas although I would suggest that had a better structure.

• 2 months later...

Funnily enough, I ordered a copy of this from The Game Collection yesterday.

I was just looking for something fairly light that would be fun for an hour or so at a time when I get home from work. 

The world and characters look lovely, I think. Amazing that it was made by a team of just 20 people.