Fist Of The North Star (Yakuza Studio - PS4) - western release due October 2nd 2018! Dual Audio. Demo out now!

1 hour ago, mr_woo said:

Demo out on uk PSN now via the web store :) (store on PS4 doesnt appear to be updated yet).  Download size around 8.5gbs.

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0177-CUSA12788_00-HOKUTOGOTOTRGB00

Nice one! 

I couldn't find it when searching for it on the PS4 store, neither does it appear of you go to games > demos, but if you then go to 'show all demos' from there, it's thr first entry on the list :)

Sold! Completely fucking sold!! :omg: Loved the demo, didn't bother finishing it as I want to go into this as fresh as possible. It's basically Yakuza reskinned into Fist of the North Star and very recognizable it is too :lol: It's the Zero engine I'm guessing? Long-time Yakuza players will recognize a lot of animations and voice samples. But the fights are SHOWERS OF BLOOD - it's completely ridiculous to be honest. Exactly like FotNS then :D Loved it. Only drawback is the lack of a Japanese voice option in the demo. Because 1) everything I've ever seen of FotNS was subbed, so English sounds very weird to me for these characters 2)Ken's in-game model is obviously a reskinned Kiryu (the way he stands etc) so I would love to hear Kiryu -chan's voice actor alongside it

Where can I pre-order :omg:

Edit: finished the demo after all! It's short. But afterwards you can roam about and even drive around the wasteland - which looks a bit last-gen :lol: Got into a huge battle and since I ignored the battle tutorial I've just been going on my Yakuza experience. And it works, bloody special after very bloody special comes out.  I've already pre-ordered

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Sold! Completely fucking sold!! :omg: Loved the demo, didn't bother finishing it as I want to go into this as fresh as possible. It's basically Yakuza reskinned into Fist of the North Star and very recognizable it is too :lol: It's the Zero engine I'm guessing? Long-time Yakuza players will recognize a lot of animations and voice samples. But the fights are SHOWERS OF BLOOD - it's completely ridiculous to be honest. Exactly like FotNS then :D Loved it. Only drawback is the lack of a Japanese voice option in the demo. Because 1) everything I've ever seen of FotNS was subbed, so English sounds very weird to me for these characters 2)Ken's in-game model is obviously a reskinned Kiryu (the way he stands etc) so I would love to hear Kiryu -chan's voice actor alongside it

Where can I pre-order :omg:

Edit: finished the demo after all! It's short. But afterwards you can roam about and even drive around the wasteland - which looks a bit last-gen :lol: Got into a huge battle and since I ignored the battle tutorial I've just been going on my Yakuza experience. And it works, bloody special after very bloody special comes out.  I've already pre-ordered

You can select Japanese spoken language from the main menu. 

Playing this again waiting for Spiderman to install and I think I'm sold. I really like the combat. Really like it, but the opening world bits felt clunky.

I enjoyed the Musou and I'm sure this will be of a higher standard than that.

• 3 weeks later...

I rather enjoyed the demo, despite also feeling this fatigue. I liked the colourfulness of it all. Definitely one to keep an eye on for a price drop (like the Yakuza games), for me. As successful as the Yakuza team have been in Japan and more recently the West with this formula, I really wish they were supported by another Japanese dev team; perhaps Platinum just to give it the level of polish it lacks. Edit: they're getting there with Judge Eyes whose demo feels a lot more solid and polished.

29 minutes ago, gossi the dog said:

I tried the demo, to try and talk me out of wanting it. I only completed Yakuza Kiwami 2 a couple of weeks ago and was definitely feeling a bit Yakuza fatigued. Plus I’ve never watched the anime. Fail. I’m completely sold on it. 

I only completed Yakuza 2 on Saturday, and was trying to convince myself today to cancel my amazon preorder of FotNS and save myself 45 notes. Couldn't do it either. That Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio goodness...

I haven't even played the demo. All I know is you punch men and then their heads explode.

The demo of this is incredible. Yeah, it’s basically a reskinned Yakuza, but that’s no bad thing! I love the way some of the enemies will plead for their lives just before they explode, I’ll never tire of hearing a whimper of “please I don’t want to die” quickly followed with the stoic Ken’s look to camera going “YOURE ALREADY DEAD”. The inclusion of finishers is a nice way to freshen up the combat too. 

There are a few combat videos on YouTube that look absolutely insane, that I can’t wait to try out. 

I did think Sega should have tried to get this out a few months earlier as it’s probably been sent out to die at retail in October, but then how much mainstream appeal does FOTNS have? Maybe sales would be the same anytime. I was originally thinking of picking up Assassins Creed next week, but after playing the demo of this, it’s already dead. 

This had no place on Page 3 on its launch day! This goes live at midnight (I think), and I might just be staying up to start off the Tuesday in a best manner possible: busting heads.

To set the mood:

26 minutes ago, Mrs Horribleman said:

I'm interested, just don't think I'm going to go in at full price. Worried since I thought Persona was a fucking waste of time. 

This is absolutely nothin like Persona though, completely different genre and all that.