Famicom GBA SP

rllmuk

Thanks for this... been trying to find the best place to order one from. Yesasia looked like it'd be cheapest but wasn't 100% sure about the import tax situation. Can't really afford it, but it's so lovely, and it's about time I replaced my old GBA...

Anyway, I'm rambling now. Thanks!

I always use YesAsia for music and dvds when I get homesick <_< and they're really really good, very fast, a week even on their free delivery. Lik Sang in comparison are a bit slow and clumsy, the two times I used them I got the stuff after 3 weeks and got whacked for customs charges.

Now £93.07. Hmm..

You can get them cheaper off Ebay.com now - people selling for $139.99 + about $15 shipping anywhere, so they're about $15 cheaper than yesasia.

Oh well, I'm not even getting one. Best place for a normal SP??? And can any region model play any region games?

And if you don't mind me asking: Guru - where is home? Just curious.. <_<

Ta.

Now £93.07. Hmm..

You can get them cheaper off Ebay.com now - people selling for $139.99 + about $15 shipping anywhere, so they're about $15 cheaper than yesasia.

Just as the prophecies foretold. Mrahhhohohohohooooo.

I'd rather be 100% certain of not getting any other charges. And you're not guarranteed to get it from eBay sellers either.

I'd rather be 100% certain of not getting any other charges. And you're not guarranteed to get it from eBay sellers either.

Just make sure beforehand they mark it as 'gift' or knock down the value on the customs sticker. Yay!

I know what you mean though - they prberly aren't as reputable for the sake of about 8/9 quid extra.

I emailed YesAsia to ask whether the Famicom GBA came with mario, and just received a reply in which they said it didn't come with any game. Can this be right? I thought it was only available in a package with the game.

The Famicom SP is actually only being made available with every retro game as a package. see ncsx news last week. The retailers are just seperating it out it seems.

You know, I think I'll stick with lik-sang. As a comfort thing. Plus I'm ordering a load of other stuff anyway, so you know. UPS here we come.

No offence, but that's a stupid excuse.

They've been fine with friends of mine, they don't charge for shipping, and you'll get seriously whacked on customs if you send via UPS with Lik-Sang.

Oh, and Lik are very slow too - just go with Yes Asia.

It's £89 delivered from Play Asia with Super Mario and a free case. If you tell them to mark it at £18 or under and as a Sample or something you wont get hit by customs. I haven't yet anyway and have done £200+ orders in one go a few times.

Damn you all. I was perfectly happy with my hacked-around purple GBA (I fitted an afterburner which resulted in a mildly scratched black border on the screen). It's getting a bit of dust inside the afterburner, but apart from that it's OK.

But now I've started looking at import GBA SPs starting at 66quid, and this new Famicom edition looks pretty good. OK, someone convince me that I need to swap my GBA for an SP. I use rechargable batteries in my GBA, so don't use that excuse :)