rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
KriessG

New issue of Super Play out now!

47 minutes ago, Bluejam said:

Is 10 days too long to be waiting? I started a RG subscription and ordered 172 seperately on the 10th and received chuff all. I have dropped them an email so, er, i suppose this is irrelevant but just trying to gauge whether i'm being impatient

If you ordered the Super Play issue from MFM get in touch with me via PM and I'll do what I can to sort things out.

• Upvote 1

Found a copy in a Dutch magazine shop yesterday! Thanks to @strider and everyone who made this happen. Super Play looks exactly right and it gives me the feels. Not just the first time I've bought a magazine in over a decade, but it's also been years since I've even held one. 

• Upvote 1

fantastic read and loved the mag back in the day.

I still think the SNES is the console I love the most, it just seemed to have a never ending stream of quality ground breaking games. Studying Fine Art at uni a £70 import was as obtainable as a McLaren F1. I had to save and budget to get one and my choice was a crucial well researched one.

Opening that box and enjoying the artwork in the full colour manual was just a treat, much the same as buying a vinyl record. I wish game companies would latch on to that and release boxes once again I miss them.

Edited by Dave White
  • Upvote 2

So, the second copy of the mag I ordered has arrived, even though I sent an email to cancel it. Ordered just in case the one listed a quid cheaper would be cancelled.

I still don't have a copy of Super Play.

MFM seems to be quite incompetent.

13 hours ago, Stoikovich said:

My missing copy of Super Play arrived today, it's really very good.

Thanks to Strider for any influence you might have brought to bear on getting this resolved.

What he said.

Thanks strider.

MFM are sending me out a copy of SP and issue 172 of RG at a later date, when it's back in stock. :)

(Damn, I forgot to ask for a refund for the extra issue that didn't turn up...)

3 hours ago, teddymeow said:

Logged into my MFM account and the Super Play is showing as a separate order but I've yet to receive anything in the post.

:(

I'm going to possibly need a second copy in case I eat the first. :(

Edit: no separate order in my account. Drat.

So, naively I guess, I didn't realise this would be such a rarified object. So, short of happening upon it in a newsagents like the holy grail (and I've checked my local places) I assume that there's now no way for me to ever get this?

7 minutes ago, Bacon Horsemeat said:

Cunts have done nothing since I sent them a response to their mass email a week/2 weeks ago.

Have escalated the transaction on Paypal. Incompetent idiots.

If you contact me I can put you through to the relevant department.

48 minutes ago, Comrade said:

So, naively I guess, I didn't realise this would be such a rarified object. So, short of happening upon it in a newsagents like the holy grail (and I've checked my local places) I assume that there's now no way for me to ever get this?

If there is one in smiths at new st this morning I will buy it for you and post it to you if you PM me your details. 

1 hour ago, Comrade said:

Get someone from Birmingham or Bristol to post you one? Or phone round some Smiths and take a day trip?

1 hour ago, grindmouse said:

Get someone from Birmingham or Bristol to post you one? Or phone round some Smiths and take a day trip?

Nah, I don't want to put someone out that much. Thanks for thinking of me though, both you and @Doctor Shark!

MFM took eight days to reply to my initial e-mail about my missing sub copy and the missing copy I'd ordered separately and didn't even respond to me asking whether or not they'd resend the copy that was sent back. What a shambles!

If anyone wants one of these I went back to that Smiths today and they had one copy left in stock. I picked it up and will post out to any forumite that missed a copy for cost + postage? 

Edit: Gone to stefcha.

• Upvote 5

After 4 emails to customer services with no response other than an automated email I’ve decided to give up, get a refund and cancel my edge subscription while I’m at it. 

Customer service that bad in this day and age is not acceptable. 

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

Well, my dealings with My Favourite Magazine has been a disaster. I ordered the RG with super play and took put a subscription at the same time (to start from the next issue)

heard nowt from MFM so give strider his credit he done what he could...

I received a beaten up old copy of the super play in the post with no RG

I then received the next issue of RG with Mario on the front (good read by the way)

Still no issue of RG with Superplay so strider kindly emailed them on the 5th October

still nothing

emailed them today and they now tell me it’s out of stock

well done My Favourite Magazine....

I got my copy of RG and Super Play today. I forgot all about this despite being hyped.

Ended up paying ebay prices. Cheapest I could find was £12 but I'm happy :-)

Might be an option if you missed out? Only thing I'm disappointed with is the cheap stable binding...