rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
The Mighty Ash

The remake you've been waiting for.....LA Noire!

My main issue with the game was that the city felt like a wasted opportunity. It looked gorgeous but was devoid of things to do outside the main story. While it didn't need to have a Ubisoft style map full of icons, some random crimes or car chases to get involved with would-be been nice.

In the end, much of my enjoyment cane from trying to run over un-killable NPC pedestrians, or pranking my partner by suddenly driving my car away everyone he tried to get in the door. :D

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/11/09/rockstar-changed-truthdoubtlie-for-the-l-a-noire-remaster

One of the most bizarre quirks in the detective game L.A. Noire was that choosing the “doubt” option—out of “truth/doubt/lie”—would transform protagonist Cole Phelps into a raging psychopath. For the remastered version, publisher Rockstar has changed those options entirely.

As evidenced in a new trailer for the Switch version of L.A. Noire, which comes out on 14 November alongside the PS4 and Xbox One versions, your options during interrogation are now Good Cop, Bad Cop, and Accuse.

Rockstar confirmed to Kotaku that this change will apply to all three versions of L.A. Noire. “The change was made so that the options more accurately reflect Phelps’ behaviour when a player selects each choice,” said a company spokersperson.

Can't recall the game well enough to determin if that will work - seems to really limit roleplay and the "illusion" of detective work

I thought it was a good game but could have been better.  The voice acting and animation were top notch though.  I will pick it up for VR if it gets good reviews.

2 hours ago, Gizamaluke said:

It's weird seeing footage of this game again now. All the heads look really obviously superimposed on like those elf yourself videos.

To me it looked that bad in that exact way back when it came out. I couldn't understand why people thought it looked super convincing and great, to me it was a just as weird to look at as the faces in Goldeneye.

Anyway, there rest of the game wasn't much cop either.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, SozzlyJoe said:

The "good cop/bad cop/accuse" will definitely make more sense for the reactions.

Problem is - and imagine this in a cop tv show - once you start a conversation as either a good or bad cop, you can't really change to the other without it being fucking weird. Think about it. Think about the good cop/bad cop routine that you've seen played out so many times on tv. Now imagine that routine done by one dude. One guy playing both good and bad cop solo within the same conversation.

Doesn't really work does it?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Problem is - and imagine this in a cop tv show - once you start a conversation as either a good or bad cop, you can't really change to the other without it being fucking weird. Think about it. Think about the good cop/bad cop routine that you've seen played out so many times on tv. Now imagine that routine done by one dude. One guy playing both good and bad cop solo within the same conversation.

Doesn't really work does it?

Well, I dunno. I could kind of imagine an interrogator switching from nice to nasty and back, in response to whether a suspect was being co-operative or not. Problem is of course LA Noire wasn't written that way. Still, 'doubt' was a ridiculous name for the option, so it's just a sticking plaster really.