Everybody's Golf (PS4) Clubhouse

smithstock

Alright then folks, I've completed the subsequent round of changes in the spreadsheet. This is the list of updates:

Spoiler
  1. Current live competition has been ordered first to make it the active sheet
  2. RGA Tour Participants list has been reduced to 32 players for ease of use across media platforms, though this is trivial to increase
  3. RGA Tour tab has been rebranded with a new colour scheme and has been reformatted
  4. RGA Tour is now the name of the tournament with [4] rounds (rather than individual tabs)
  5. The aggregate score will be determined based on the accumulative scores of these [4] rounds + handicap
  6. The handicap value will be multiplied by the number of rounds a given player takes part in (max 4)
    • If your handicap is -1 and you only take part in 1 round, your score will be (aggregate - 1)
    • If your handicap is -1 and you take part in 4 rounds, your score will be (aggregate - 4)
    • The definition of taking part is selecting your name and posting a score lower than 0 per round, though this is trivial to tweak
  7. Auto-sorting has been set up to first Rank players (ascending) and second rank Handicap (descending)
  8. The qualifying players in the top 8 will be highlighted with a colour which also serves to represent your partner in the subsequent MUK Masters
  9. If more than one player has the same Rank value, this will also be highlighted (though unlikely given the altered competition format)
  10. A hidden randomiser sheet will be used to determine rounds
    • Each round be selected with a drop down which looks up the associated randomised round
    • All courses and modifiers are now valid for randomisation so I would suggest purchasing the DLC or unlocking all of the courses if you haven't already!
  11. Each round will be made live on Sunday evening's and for every week following

The main benefits of these changes are to simplify things all round, reduce the likelihood of people getting the same scores, and to reward players like Hogg who posted amazing scores every round last time out but still wasn't good enough to qualify early due to a harsh handicap. As with before, those who have a harsher handicap (i.e. closer to 0) will get the benefit of the doubt if aggregate scores are equal - that is the reward for posting more authentic ladder scores as it should be up to everyone else to keep them updated or outright beat that individual, not tie with them.

Future additions, feel free to make suggestions:

Spoiler
  • Auto sort across multiple tabs (not just the first/active sheet)
  • Add a rebranded MUK Masters tab
  • Add a new Ryder Rllmuk Cup tab
  • Link spreadsheet to documentation for auto-population of results

I've made a few tweaks to the documentation but that's me done for the moment. I want to try keep things all in one place so please keep tabs on those (in my signature and linked on the spreadsheet).

Otherwise enjoy, I'll kick this off a little early so you have over a week.

RGA TOUR 2: ROUND 1 IS LIVE!

No sir, if you follow the links above it will lead you to a spreadsheet. The spreadsheet has some settings listed, using "Multiplayer" from the main menu to set up a solo game (confusing I know) then input the score you get, using the stated settings.

I can be about tomorrow evening, I'll be on South Park but give me a ping and I'll help you out :)

On 19/10/2017 at 07:32, smithstock said:

Just over 3 days left for the first round...

@tyler @Theholyhogg @Luseth @Kelthink @Petey @spanx @glb @Meatball @Mitchell

Get yourselves involved, though anyone and everyone else is also welcome to take part!

Sorry, I’ve not switched the PS4 on for ages, work stuff BOO. I’ll have a crack over the weekend! 

On 19/10/2017 at 10:32, smithstock said:

Just over 3 days left for the first round...

@tyler @Theholyhogg @Luseth @Kelthink @Petey @spanx @glb @Meatball @Mitchell

Get yourselves involved, though anyone and everyone else is also welcome to take part!

Apologies, was travelling a lot in October. Not had much PS4 time recently. Will be back with some average scoring soon!

Hats off @Theholyhogg and @PeteBrant, good contest that. I managed to fluke a win on a technicality that Pete reminded me of, again, despite me finishing with the poorest match points but a decent stroke score overall. Tried my best to screw myself over with a few risky drives too.

Happy-Gilmore-gif-1.gif

I’ll kick off RGA Tour 3 this weekend as that takes us close to mid-December.  I’ll take the feedback on board about the DLC courses so I’ll reduce the chances of those cropping up in randomisation next time round.

Any other suggestions?