rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Plissken

The Disaster Artist - James Franco is Tommy Wiseau!

James Franco playing Tommy Wiseau playing Johnny. His brother, Dave, will be Mark. Also has Zac Efron, Seth Rogen and Alison Brie. The Disaster Artist is due to premier at SXSW next month.

• Upvote 3

Wiseau's seen Disaster Artist as SXSW. Franco asked him what he thought.

"I was like, 'So, Tommy, what did you think of the movie?' And he said, 'I approve 99.9 percent'. And we were like, 'What was the 0.1 percent?' And he said, 'I think the lighting, in the beginning, a little off'."

• Upvote 2

Watched the Honest Trailer for The Room... I need to see that movie! Holy moly, never heard of it until recently but looks... amazing.

• Upvote 1

It’s not available to (legally) stream anywhere is it? Tried to buy a digital copy to no avail :(

22 hours ago, MrPogo said:

Saw a preview earlier. It's brilliant!

A preview? Is it not on general release? We saw it in our local cinema last Friday.

2 hours ago, glb said:

It’s not available to (legally) stream anywhere is it? Tried to buy a digital copy to no avail :(

The full film was on YouTube not long ago. Not sure if it's still there. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, DeciderVT said:

A preview? Is it not on general release? We saw it in our local cinema last Friday.

Well, it was a free ticket thing (on Monday) and none of the local cinemas were letting you pay to see it before today, which thus logically appeared to be release day!

edit: also the email with the free tickets did literally call it a preview screening!

12 hours ago, Capwn said:

It's legally possible to download? I thought it would be a cinema release only?

Went down a rabbit hole... You can buy a physical copy from the official website, but stopped buying DVDs years ago to reduce clutter. Maybe a screening in London will line up with a trip home.

Wiseau hasn’t yet released rights for streaming. He could to cash in on the renewed interest but guess the regular screenings, where he often does Q&As, probably has a longer tail. And let’s him be a star.

3 hours ago, glb said:

Wiseau hasn’t yet released rights for streaming. He could to cash in on the renewed interest but guess the regular screenings, where he often does Q&As, probably has a longer tail. And let’s him be a star.

Plus, it's not as if he needs the money. 

27 minutes ago, catinthehat said:

Plus, it's not as if he needs the money. 

He's sold a lot of denim...

Saw this tonight having never seen so much as a still of The Room. It's a riot, I can't remember the last time I laughed so much at a film. Franco brilliant.

On 5-12-2017 at 22:24, Chadruharazzeb said:

The full film was on YouTube not long ago. Not sure if it's still there. 

If you don't mind Spanish subtitles:

• Upvote 1

Ta! Often view movies with timecodes and watermarks all over them (work), so some Spanish subs are all good.

Buenos dias, Mark!

• Upvote 1

Just returned from seeing this. It's fucking hilarious I loved it. I found Tommy to be really sympathetic too so it wasn't a sneering humour either. Go see it while you can.

I really enjoyed this, you definitely don't need to have seen The Room either, though you will miss some great little in jokes. Lots of laughter in the cinema particularly the "oh hi Mark" scene. I really think the while thing is an amazing piece of performance art.

Stay till the very end!

Just saw this today, Tommy was quite a malevolent character at times. It's nice that he got a measure of recognition , something that other 'great' Ed Wood never got. Ed's biopic was a better film, but this was damn entertaining. 

Didn't stay till the end. What did I miss?