Divinity: Original Sin 2 - "One of the greatest PC RPGs of all time" now coming to consoles

Moz

I'm also right near the end, only got a few quests to go. But I have the Switch version and it is bugged. Apparently it is a common issue on Switch but the game can crash whilst saving once you get to the last few acts. It happened a few times in the last Act but in this Act it happens every couple of saves, randomly. It is totally infuriating as battles take so long, and at this high level with 4 characters my inventory and equipment management takes ages. So you can easily play for an hour or two just preparing and doing a battle, and then watch as it crashes when you save afterwards.

It got so bad I even emailed the devs after seeing Reddit threads talking about the problem. They acknowledged the bug and said it is planned to be fixed 'at some point', and concurred with my suggestion that I should retreat to quiet areas like the Vengence to save. Even then it still happens sometimes and I eventually gave up altogether, just hoping they patch it at some point. Its pretty infuriating that they haven't patched it, I'm definitely not the only one this happens to on Switch, I just think not many people make it that far into the game, and not enough people have publicly shouted out about it. It is soul destroying to spend 15 minutes setting up for a big fight, spend an hour or two on the fight, get the loot, sell it all, level up your characters and re-equip them with all the new gear - only to lose it all when you save. 

• 5 months later...

I’ve recently started this on bone and need some help! 

ive just had to kill Stingtail to get some oranges for Griff but he killed 2 of my team. I don’t have any resurrection scrolls. 

What do I do?

On 22/03/2021 at 23:00, Alan Stock said:

I'm also right near the end, only got a few quests to go. But I have the Switch version and it is bugged. Apparently it is a common issue on Switch but the game can crash whilst saving once you get to the last few acts. It happened a few times in the last Act but in this Act it happens every couple of saves, randomly. It is totally infuriating as battles take so long, and at this high level with 4 characters my inventory and equipment management takes ages. So you can easily play for an hour or two just preparing and doing a battle, and then watch as it crashes when you save afterwards.

It got so bad I even emailed the devs after seeing Reddit threads talking about the problem. They acknowledged the bug and said it is planned to be fixed 'at some point', and concurred with my suggestion that I should retreat to quiet areas like the Vengence to save. Even then it still happens sometimes and I eventually gave up altogether, just hoping they patch it at some point. Its pretty infuriating that they haven't patched it, I'm definitely not the only one this happens to on Switch, I just think not many people make it that far into the game, and not enough people have publicly shouted out about it. It is soul destroying to spend 15 minutes setting up for a big fight, spend an hour or two on the fight, get the loot, sell it all, level up your characters and re-equip them with all the new gear - only to lose it all when you save. 

Did this ever get patched? I keep almost downloading it and then putting it off while I wait for a sale. This has made me reconsider if I want to be buying it on the switch at all or if I should just make the effort to play more on the PC copy I own already.

7 hours ago, Blunted said:

Did this ever get patched? I keep almost downloading it and then putting it off while I wait for a sale. This has made me reconsider if I want to be buying it on the switch at all or if I should just make the effort to play more on the PC copy I own already.

I checked a few months ago and it still hadn't been patched! I even played a bit and once again it ended up crashing after a while on about the second save. If I ever end up finishing it I will have to save regularly but the whole thought of never knowing when you might be losing progress really puts me off going back. Really bad form from the devs, presumably not enough players get that far and also spend ages like me finding out how to actually complain to the right people to make them bother with it. Tempted to get in touch with Nintendo and pointing it out to them, it surely breaks their internal QA policy.