Gamers Tourettes

MattyP

Competitive shooters/fighters it goes without saying but also random encounters sometimes set me off like Yakuza at the mo and stumbling into fights when I really don't want to... Skies of Arcadia is probably the worst offender.

Most stuff on the SNES Mini has brought out swearing to some degree. I was utterly cursing Oddworld: New & Tasty last night, it's so utterly imprecise and frustrating that I don't even know why I'm forcing myself through it. 

I'll have to see if I can get my wife playing a Mario game again and record the outcome, I've rarely heard such a consistent torrent of disgracefully foul language :o

PES 3 (PC) wound me up so much with it's fucking cheating bastard headers from corners which I could have no effect on whatsoever that not only did I curse a lot I chucked my clear blue Dual Shock pad. Unfortunately right at the laptop screen, which shattered. And it was my work laptop and I was working in the Netherlands that week as well, was just in my hotel so had to go to the customer site the next day and hope I could rig the laptop up to a monitor or something. Knackered my pad a bit too :(

We've had this thread before I think; because it's responsible for one of my absolute favourite posts.

Can't remember who was it was sadly, but someone was so annoyed with Motorstorm that they quietly got up from the sofa, ejected the disc, put in back in the box and slowly slid it back into place on the shelf whispering "take that you cheating little cunt".

Most recently  (currently) Metroid Samus Returns.

The Metroids (or any boss battle) later in the game when a couple of hits takes you out, and after a few retries when the spin jump just doesn't kick in as you expect and you die, and you're suffering from 3DS claw hand having cycled through the weapon options whilst moving and charging and bombing and jumping...

2 to go...

One of the Assassins Creed games on the 360, think it was 2. I was a good number of hours in and enjoying the mix of stealthy killings and roof top jumping when it throws this weird fete type thing at you were you have to win some events to progress. It just felt so out of place compared to what had already happened and I spent around 30 minutes getting increasingly angry at my inability to win a race over the rooftops against some computer controlled shit weasel. Eventually it got too much and I ejected the disc, cut it in two with a pair of scissors and put it in the bin. I instantly felt much better about life. I've never played an Assassins Creed game since and never will.

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/10/2017 at 09:03, nakamura said:

It's only really FIFA that makes me angry nowadays. I don't mind getting beat by a better player at all but constantly conceding rebound goals is mighty annoying.

Definitely this, my brother is king of getting flukey rebound goals against me. 

After reading some of the recent Edge 100 Games I've gone and got that Super Hexagon, not sure if that was a good idea because it's very frustrating.