rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Luseth

BAP - Season 39 sign up thread

BAP League first season  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've bought this again last week from someone on the forum....

But I regret it and I'm not gonna play it :lol:

So no lol

Maybe 19 is gonna be the best fifa yet

I’d be interested in this again (FIFA 19) and running it through a spreadsheet. Works fine for the Golf League and it’s really well balanced. 

• Upvote 1

I'll probably get '19 this year so BAP/Clubs would certainly be on my agenda, time zones permitting.

You're all on the PS4 right? I haven't played since the 360 days...

• Upvote 1

Yup. Looks like we have the beginnings of next season. If anyones still playing 18 i might be up for giving clubs another go though. Its been ages.

On 07/04/2018 at 21:59, gooner4life said:

I think we should ask @SaintM really nicely to come back, I love @tomakasatnav but it lost a bit of magic without Mike at the helm.

Kind of you to say so. I'd be up for restarting things if we had the numbers, but I'm not sure that we do.

Was thinking about doing a bespoke WC2018 thing for old time's sake.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, SaintM said:

Kind of you to say so. I'd be up for restarting things if we had the numbers, but I'm not sure that we do.

Was thinking about doing a bespoke WC2018 thing for old time's sake.

We might struggle with this Fifa, I know a fair few have gotten rid of it after how disappointing it turned out. Might get a handful but I wouldn't say there is enough for anything of any real substance :(

That said if you did I would be p for it

It's worth noting that in 2 weeks time the site goes dark.

It's £50 for the hosting for the year and £15 for the domain. Given the likelihood of the league restarting, I'm intending to let it run out.

• Empathy 1

I'd say if, by some miracle, it was decided to restart the league(s), alternative hosting should be located to bring costs waaaaaaay down.

I would say let it go dark for now Saint. I don't know much about websites / hosting to be honest but presumably you could download everything and then we could look to rehost it further down the road i.e. when Fifa 19 turns up and if there was enough interest etc

But yeah I don't think it will be going again during this Fifa anyway.

• Upvote 1

Aye, I've got the source code and will be taking copies of the databases in the next few days so if we do re-host the site it should be relatively unscathed.

I'm in for 19 and for some BAP matches with any of you lot who still has 18 (Why did I buy it digitally? <_< ). 

• Upvote 1

I already offered to create a spreadsheet to organise and host all this stuff. Doesn't cost a penny and I'd be happy to put the time in. Works fine on Everybody's Golf and is really well balanced, something which the FIFA league has always struggled with. 

• Upvote 2

I’ve not played clubs at all on 18 but would be up for playing if something is organised, even it’s not until 19 is out. 

Im up for just some friendly games on either any time if anyones about this weekend maybe?

12 hours ago, smithstock said:

I already offered to create a spreadsheet to organise and host all this stuff. Doesn't cost a penny and I'd be happy to put the time in. Works fine on Everybody's Golf and is really well balanced, something which the FIFA league has always struggled with. 

Go for it!

If we can round up a minimum of 20 regulars, 4 teams of 5, I'll get this sorted.

I'm a little busy with IRL stuff at the moment but late July/August I should be able to knock something up. I already have sheets for player values and transfers. Making a team listing, fixture list and table will be trivial. I can also infer stats and details based on whatever we decide to input.

The key thing though, as to why the Everybody's Golf one works, is because everybody feeds into it. Not just a sole person. I create a flexible structure and everybody else populates the data, it's self-sufficient and auto balances things (though this bit takes some tweaking over time).

• Upvote 1

I’ll be around for 19 and I still

have 18- played a few games with Baz and gooner recently. Happy to jump on and play some random games- just drop me an invite.

• Upvote 1

Database backups nabbed. The sites will go in about a weeks time.

Sounds like Smithstock is going to usher in a new age, so best of luck with the leagues and see you around :)

• Upvote 3
  • Empathy 1

Ditch this spreadsheet carry on and get the websites back up and running, Saint.

The official and traditional approach is the way forward.

Happy to get involved in trying to drive up numbers ahead of FIFA19, it would be good if we could get close to historical numbers again.  We’ve still got the Twitter and Facebook accounts there too which should help.

• Upvote 3