rllmuk
Unofficial Who

Untitled goose game (23rd D.I.C.E. Awards GOTY!)

9 hours ago, Spacehost said:

HO, and I cannot stress this enough, NK. The goose is all of us.

The revolution will not be started by people in Guy Fawkes masks, but people running along flapping their arms and honking.

Nah, people will be running around like this.

goose-game-sock-1.thumb.jpg.3cd1756f8effa6b9947f1a4abdbccd5e.jpg

• Upvote 8

I was planning on picking this up tomorrow as my CC gets cleared today. I see on the Switch it says its on sale saying "Offer until: 04/10/19", does that mean that at midnight tonight it jumps back up to £18 or will the sale finish at midnight tomorrow?

This goose has legs: https://honkify.netlify.com/

Need a little more chaos in your life? Inspired by Untitled Goose Game, you can now set a goose loose on your site to act like a jerk.

When activated, all links on the site will stop working, instead triggering a “honk!” sound effect.

Honk. Honk honk honk.

• Upvote 2

Making the old man fall on his bum then standing beside him as he gets back up, looks at me in anger and I go ‘HONK’, was a brilliant wee gaming moment

• Upvote 3

On 28/09/2019 at 09:13, wretcherd said:

Since tweeting the word quoits one time, this has happened everywhere.

Screenshot_20191003-225308_YouTube.thumb.jpg.de0f181a662d782157420f19d8e2412f.jpg

• Upvote 2

Saw the credits for this last night. The final area and the way it changed the game to was brilliant

a giant goose rampaging around the miniature village!

Surprising amount of post credit missions that I wasn’t expecting

• Upvote 2

It was rather appropriate given the protagonist’s behaviour throughout that the game has a 

Spoiler

Bell end.

• Upvote 1

It’s cool that the end gives you a true sense of the scale of the goose’s campaign of evil.

For that village, fuckery is eternal.

• Upvote 5

On 03/10/2019 at 11:42, parrapatheslapper said:

Just confirmed for PS4, Xbox and possibly mobile.

I can understand their trepidation. I can't see gestural controls or whatever being as satifying as a proper honk button.

Plus, could they have priced this at $15 / £13.50 at launch on mobile app stores, sitting next to F2P stuff? I doubt it.

On 03/10/2019 at 07:39, memories said:

I was planning on picking this up tomorrow as my CC gets cleared today. I see on the Switch it says its on sale saying "Offer until: 04/10/19", does that mean that at midnight tonight it jumps back up to £18 or will the sale finish at midnight tomorrow?

The game is adorable but I think people are going really easy on it for the price point.

The RRP is more than Hollow Knight. I haven’t checked but certain HK is like £12, maybe less. And in terms of value for money, even at the discounted £13 for this is pushing it - £18 is outrageous.

It’s quality though, no denying it, but I think £7.99 would be a reasonable price point.

32 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

The game is adorable but I think people are going really easy on it for the price point.

The RRP is more than Hollow Knight. I haven’t checked but certain HK is like £12, maybe less. And in terms of value for money, even at the discounted £13 for this is pushing it - £18 is outrageous.

It’s quality though, no denying it, but I think £7.99 would be a reasonable price point.

That's a ridiculous take. Hollow Knight for £12 is definitely the exception rather than the rule. It's stupidly cheap for the game you get. But if you're using that as your baseline for game purchases, you're going to think the vast majority of games aren't worth their price point. 

• Upvote 6

41 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

That's a ridiculous take. Hollow Knight for £12 is definitely the exception rather than the rule. It's stupidly cheap for the game you get. But if you're using that as your baseline for game purchases, you're going to think the vast majority of games aren't worth their price point. 

UGG has 4 stages with 3 hours average completion time. It’s high quality, and a great game. Not disputing that and pleased at the success it’s having.

I agree Hollow Knight was way underpriced, and you can disagree about UGG, but it’s not ridiculous to question the £18 price point for a game of this size.

Have you even calculated how many steps the goose takes in the game? 

Because I have, and can tell you that based purely on that metric the game is actually underpriced at £18 - a fairer price would be £20.47.

So shut up.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, grindmouse said:

I spent about four hours with UGG over two nights, am yet to go back for the extras but will for sure.

Pennies per hour, it costs more than the average these days, but given that it provided a unique joy I reckon it's fairly-priced. The quality of the hour you spend counts just as much as the quantity.

• Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, GamesGamesGames said:

I spent about four hours with UGG over two nights, am yet to go back for the extras but will for sure.

Pennies per hour, it costs more than the average these days, but given that it provided a unique joy I reckon it's fairly-priced. The quality of the hour you spend counts just as much as the quantity.

That's my take as well. Although the other night I switched the game on for 30 minutes after a shitty day in work and just dicked around. I spent my time stealing stuff and throwing it in the lake and had a great time doing nothing but that. It's a great 'decompressing' game. The value is in more than just its completion time. 

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

I agree Hollow Knight was way underpriced, and you can disagree about UGG, but it’s not ridiculous to question the £18 price point for a game of this size.

It was £13.50 until a few days ago. Besides, it's their product - they can put it out there at any price they want. If you don't think it's worth the money, don't buy it. You're talking about this as if it's an ethical question. Nothing bad is going to happen to someone if they can't afford to buy this game.

Am I the only one for whom this game gives motion sickness?

I can’t understand why that would be at all, but it happened every time I play. 

29 minutes ago, Popo said:

Am I the only one for whom this game gives motion sickness?

I can’t understand why that would be at all, but it happened every time I play. 

You’re just nauseous from guilt.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

HONK!!

• Upvote 4