rllmuk
Unofficial Who

Untitled goose game (23rd D.I.C.E. Awards GOTY!)

That looks a bit like rich Evans from Red letter media in Plinkett mode. 

• Upvote 1

Turned on Xbox, signed up to Game Pass, downloaded Untitled Goose Game, finished Untitled Goose Game, turned off Xbox.

I spent about 3-4 hours on it in one sitting last night and polished off the main stuff and additional list (barring the timed challenges which I'm going to go back to tonight). 

Loved it! Such a nice creative idea beautifully executed. Highly recommended.

Honk!

• Upvote 7

6 hours ago, Darwock said:

Your username derives from your pet?

No, although she's clearly a cheeky monkey.

• Upvote 1

Just managed to do area 1 literally 3-4 seconds before the bells rang after about 8 failed attempts. 

What a rush! :D I never thought this game would give me that kind of edge of your seat buzz.

EDIT: Just did area 2 first time but with about the same very small amount of time left. Really well judged time limit to make it possible yet nerve wracking!

• Upvote 1

Well that’s me all done. Area 3 took quite a few tries but area 4 was only three before beating it. First one definitely felt the hardest to me strangely.

Those challenges really are an excellent 2-3 hours of more fun being a goose though. I’d recommend giving them a try.

1000G are mine...

Spoiler

And the crown. Need to work out what to do with it now? :blink2:

• Upvote 1

This didn’t grab me like I expected. I love the aesthetic, and it certainly has charm, but there was nothing to keep me coming back to it. Stirring shit up was fun the first few times but then it all just feels one note, even if I can see that the devs did their best to vary your mayhem making. 

• Upvote 4
  • Empathy 1

On 15/01/2020 at 21:18, AngryH said:

Want the game but refuse to pay 17.99!

Then you don't get the game, tight arse.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, SharkyOB said:

Then you don't get the game, tight arse.

Arsed. I’m sure it’s fun but not the thick end of 20 notes fun. 

• Upvote 2

Just buy some cheap credit for a discount then.

1 minute ago, Davros sock drawer said:

It’s more than worth it, stop being a knob

You cannot definitively state that. It’s subjective. To me, a game you can finish in 3 hrs isn’t worth the money that they are asking. 

I’m sure it’s fun. I’ll find out when it hits £10.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

7 hours ago, AngryH said:

You cannot definitively state that. It’s subjective. To me, a game you can finish in 3 hrs isn’t worth the money that they are asking. 

I’m sure it’s fun. I’ll find out when it hits £10.

You’re probably the sort of philistine who judges books by how many pages they have too.

• Upvote 1

I will pour one out for Davos if he has to eat a ban, but I do wish that kinda silly rule wasn’t in place. 
Call someone a cunt or tell them to fuck off and that’s you, sometimes out of context. 

There’s been many times I’ve wished I could deploy it, so hats off to Davos. A hero. 

• Upvote 2

For me I can entirely see AngryH’s point. Think you’re all being a bit harsh on him. I felt the same way initially then decided I’d get my girlfriend and brother to play it too which added value for money.

• Upvote 3

Ah! The old game hours / price ratio of value. I used to use that a lot (and still sort of do.)

And then I realised some of the games that have had the most impact on me have been short games. And some of the "better value" games were just padded out.

Untitled Goose Game is short. I'd argue that it's worth it and a lot of work has gone into

-the small but perfect game world

-amazing animation

-that interactive music which must of been a real pain to implement

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Marvin Morris said:

For me I can entirely see AngryH’s point. Think you’re all being a bit harsh on him.

I'd say most of the reaction is down to posting history rather than that one post tbh.

1 minute ago, SharkyOB said:

I'd say most of the reaction is down to posting history rather than that one post tbh.

He's just in his angry phase. When he morphs back into quietbrian all of you will be ashamed of your posts and deeds.

I’ve not bought this, yet. I will do, as it looks brill. I’d already have it if it were 2 quid, but when games are cheap or free, I really feel they are devalued. There’s something about making a proper purchase that elevates the stakes.

If you have a pirated console, with hundreds (or thousands if you included MAME or other emulation), it’s all vapourware and easily ignored. 

If you spend 20-60 quid on something, you’ll (hopefully, be more likely to) spend proper time on it.

I just have other stuff to play at the moment, but will definitely pick this up.

4 hours ago, Unofficial Who said:

-that interactive music which must of been a real pain to implement

Saw a YouTube video about this actually.

Apparently it was all an old piece of classical that had dropped out of copyright, and the composer re-recorded it all 3 times at different pace/intensities. Then chopped it all up into short 2-4 second segments so they could be stitched together in real time based on the game state.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, SharkyOB said:

I'm gonna guess at Davros being drunk and Fierce Poodle...well...he's just got a thing for me. 

I'll still be waiting for it to be discounted. It looks really cool, I just hate buying games than I finish really quickly. 

I’m gonna guess that Davros was completely sober and he genuinely thinks you’re a massive cunt.

As for me, I just think you’re a despicable excuse for a human being and a massive, massive cunt.

Edited by Robo_1
User received a 24hr ban for this post
  • Upvote 8