IGNORED

Untitled goose game (23rd D.I.C.E. Awards GOTY!)

Unofficial Who

3 hours ago, chamberlago said:

Is it obvious when you've finished this? I've completed all the objectives everywhere up to and including the 

Reveal hidden contents

pub

but it's not obvious if I've reached the end or if I've missed something

Figured it out. There was another area I hadn't realised I could get to :doh:

1 hour ago, Jamie John said:

Lots of reviews I've read mention this is only about 2-3 hours long, and that's completing pretty much everything. It looks great, but 2 hours of entertainment for the RRP seems a bit steep...

Took me an hour but

Spoiler

That unlocked essentially NG+ with more To Dos

12 hours ago, Jamie John said:

Lots of reviews I've read mention this is only about 2-3 hours long, and that's completing pretty much everything. It looks great, but 2 hours of entertainment for the RRP seems a bit steep...

What other medium gets criticism along these lines? I don't think The Squid and the Whale got reviews saying it's 80 minute running length was too short, and they should've been charging less to show it in theatres...

When I said that I wanted there to be more games where you could play as a Bird i was thinking more of soaring majestically through the skies, but one where you annoy people by stealing their sandwiches & throwing them in the pond will do for now. ;)

on the second stage I actually started to feel sorry for the kid you have to terrorise, in particular 

Spoiler

when you steal his toy, put it back into the market stall for sale and he tells the lady it's his but she makes him buy it

who'd have thought this game would be a rollercoaster of emotions !

This is a great game. I love the way the goose eyeballs everyone.

Regarding the kid, I have a strong feeling the goose is quite friendly towards him, and is sensitive to his loneliness...

Spoiler

...but then he knocks him over and runs across him, HONKing like a maniac.

4 minutes ago, ZOK said:

This is a great game. I love the way the goose eyeballs everyone

There is so much personality in the goose animation, just how he waddles (I assume it's a he, a lady goose would be nicer I think) and how he looks round corners or peaks above the bush you hide him in.

Total piece of shit for sure and it comes across in every frame.

It’s more challenging than initial appearances. I didn’t manage to make the groundskeeper wear his hat, although after some careful observation I think I know what needs to be done. 

On to the second part. Link’s Awakening has been binned for the next few hours, at least. 

Yeah, I don’t get the hat one. There was another I didn’t do...break the broom? I thought sticking it under the garage door might work, but no. Other than somehow getting someone to drive the car over it I’m stumped.

After playing Links Awakening obsessively last night, I decided to give this a gander this morning. 

House House knew exactly what they were doing releasing this on the same day as a Zelda game. Playing as an hilarious, evil goose is the perfect accompaniment to Link's adventures. I haven't laughed so hard at a game in ages. 

What a week for gaming. :wub:

If either of you want to know...

7 minutes ago, Popo said:

It’s more challenging than initial appearances. I didn’t manage to make the groundskeeper wear his hat, although after some careful observation I think I know what needs to be done. 

On to the second part. Link’s Awakening has been binned for the next few hours, at least. 

2 minutes ago, ZOK said:

Yeah, I don’t get the hat one. There was another I didn’t do...break the broom? I thought sticking it under the garage door might work, but no. Other than somehow getting someone to drive the car over it I’m stumped.

Hat: 

Spoiler

Get the groundskeeper to hammer in the sign again. Hide on the other side of the fence, honk to make him hit his finger and faint, then steal it off his head. Drop it down the well if you're feeling especially dickish. (You should.)

Broom:

Spoiler

Hold on to the end while the shopkeeper tugs on the other. The head will come off in your beak.

4 minutes ago, ZOK said:

it was the last one I did on the area

Spoiler

steal the ladies broom holding the brush end, then when she tries to take it back just hold on pulling away from her.

2 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

After playing Links Awakening obsessively last night, I decided to give this a gander this morning. 

House House knew exactly what they were doing releasing this on the same day as a Zelda game. Playing as an hilarious, evil goose is the perfect accompaniment to Link's adventures. I haven't laughed so hard at a game in ages. 

What a week for gaming. :wub:

In Link's Awakening, you're a hero, so I would never steal from the shop, but in this game, you're an asshole with feathers, so stealing someone's hat & running off with it while they chase after you feels entirely appropriate. ^_^

2 hours ago, Bushtopher said:

Don’t play this with kids watching. 

After showing them about 10 mins of this this morning, they decided that they’d play their own game of ‘naughty goose’ and have been following me round the house doing things like ‘steal daddy’s slippers’ and continually honking at me!

I tried to sneak up behind my wife to HONK but she noticed me. Didn’t notice our daughter sneak up and do the same from the other side though!

I watched the trailers for this several times, and the goose is always very slick and sneaky. By comparison, when I play, the goose is clumsy and noisy and the closest I got to stealth was waiting for the gardener to look away for a moment before attempting to leg it out of the garden with a pumpkin.

I love this so much. So delightfully stupid.

I'm only on the second 'area' but already struggling, 2 gripes...

1. The absurdity of the tasks, I feel like I'm wasting time by having no clue what is expected of me. It's more about just playing around and experimenting, which to many is a good puzzle but for some reason to me it feels more like a 'toy'. Like "I've got no idea how to solve this rubik's cube so I'm just going to keep twisting until something happens". So I rarely feel clever.

2. I don't like the people protecting their land/shops etc keep coming back for their items. There is a clever tactic here somewhere, something along the lines of placing distractions to stop them coming back for Item X but I can't figure a good tactic yet. So I'm often just getting item X, dropping it, get item Y as a distraction, drop it, get X and bring it closer to the objective...and just rinse repeat that process to eventually get X to it's target. Which is unsatisfying/frustrating. 

3 hours ago, DeciderVT said:

If either of you want to know...

Hat: 

Reveal hidden contents

Get the groundskeeper to hammer in the sign again. Hide on the other side of the fence, honk to make him hit his finger and faint, then steal it off his head. Drop it down the well if you're feeling especially dickish. (You should.)

Broom:

Reveal hidden contents

Hold on to the end while the shopkeeper tugs on the other. The head will come off in your beak.

My hat was completely different! I think there are many ways you can do these things (up to a point anyway).

25 minutes ago, Capwn said:

I'm only on the second 'area' but already struggling, 2 gripes...

1. The absurdity of the tasks, I feel like I'm wasting time by having no clue what is expected of me. It's more about just playing around and experimenting, which to many is a good puzzle but for some reason to me it feels more like a 'toy'. Like "I've got no idea how to solve this rubik's cube so I'm just going to keep twisting until something happens". So I rarely feel clever.

2. I don't like the people protecting their land/shops etc keep coming back for their items. There is a clever tactic here somewhere, something along the lines of placing distractions to stop them coming back for Item X but I can't figure a good tactic yet. So I'm often just getting item X, dropping it, get item Y as a distraction, drop it, get X and bring it closer to the objective...and just rinse repeat that process to eventually get X to it's target. Which is unsatisfying/frustrating. 

113961.jpg.28e05c6eb9da50382fb54d4a33b54cf3.jpg