Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp - Nook goes mobile

This is out globally now. Though I think the servers are getting gangbanged as I was getting constant communication errors when I tried playing it.

I you can't find it search for Mario Run and tap Nintendo to see other games by them.

first few mins aren't a lot of fun - and I love AC games

clunky nintendo ID linking up, extra 100mb data downloads (had 2 so far) and seems all the AC busy work stripped out (which I usually like) but its just busy work, it didn't feel relaxing -  just like do this do that go here collect that craft this.

1 hour ago, Strangelite said:

I've played this a lot since the AUS launch.. it's "okay" - it's a bit too bite sized and a bit too repetitive to come back to over and over... 

I guess fans might like it, but it doesn't feel as "alive" as the DS games.

It's not a replacement though, hopefully we'll get an announcement that AC is coming to Switch next year and this game will just be complimentary. I'm giving the app a pass cos of this, the always online stuff and the smaller locations are a happy compromise for a free, mobile AC.

If this was 'it' then it'd be a completely different story.

8 hours ago, Gotters said:

first few mins aren't a lot of fun - and I love AC games

clunky nintendo ID linking up, extra 100mb data downloads (had 2 so far) and seems all the AC busy work stripped out (which I usually like) but its just busy work, it didn't feel relaxing -  just like do this do that go here collect that craft this.

How was linking the ID clunky? I just entered my email and password. 

Seems to be running fine just now. Having random real-life players

pop up whilst out and about, and being able to visit their campsites is great. 

I have caught a beetle that if I try to put it into a market box defaults to a value of 25,000 bells, which is as high as it gets. I literally said "Wow" as I caught it, and it was described as rare, but now I don't know if I should keep for whichever animal will inevitably want to trade me some cotton for it, it or just hope some random Japanese player with more bells than sense somehow finds me and collects it. Guess I'll need to start watching Facebook pages or Reddit to see if there's any kind of bell market going on, surely there will be at some point?

All above added by CheekyLee - 1031 2840 159