Paris Game Show 2017: Sony Conference

900x.jpg.462d3709cbcc7994b05e6908a5b6f050.jpg

The Show:

Trailers From The Show:

Thanks to @RubberJohnny for compiling these.

Spoiler

Sony are continuing their tradition of choosing the Paris Game Show to stoke the hype train. This year they're promising some big announcements and after a fairy lacklustre E3 showing, here's hoping they held some of the big guns back for the show.

One announcement they've already let slip, is that an updated PSVR model is on the way, with an improved processor to allow HDR pass through. There's also some rumblings about a price cut for the PS4 Pro, to counter the release of the Xbox One X days later, although that one's very much in rumour territory.

Being in Paris, it's a safe bet that we'll see more from David Cage's forthcoming title, Detroit. This was arguably one of Sony's E3 highlights, and I'll be keen to see more from it. Staying with productions based in France, and there's a good chance that Ubisoft and Michel Ancel will be on hand, to present the long awaited WiLD, and possibly, a further look at the recently revealed, Beyond Good & Evil 2. I'd love to see something more substantial from Death Stranding too, but sadly, it doesn't feel like the event for it. 

Media Molecule's Dreams, is certainly due a fresh look. My money is on an announcement that the game will now be VR based and with talk that the PS4 might be about to get it's own Move variant, I can see a special Move Pro style system being revealed, with Dreams being pitched as the game to sell it.

Of all the third parties certain to be present, you can bet that Activision will be on hand to show off the latest CoD footage, andI imagine neither Sony or Activision will allow the curtain to fall without some mention of Destiny 2 and the DLC in the pipes for it. Rockstar may also take the opportunity to reveal more details on Red Dead Redemption 2.

With big hitters such as God Of War, The Last Of Us 2, Spiderman and Day's Gone already announced, Sony should have no trouble delivering the sizzle reels this year, but they've been pretty explicit that there's going to be some substantial new announcements too. Sucker Punch Productions have been quiet since the release of Infamous Second Son at the start of the gen, and whilst some people speculate that a Sly 4 or new Infamous is in the works, personally, I think we're going to see an all new project from them. I'll be keen to see if Sony is still, "building the list", and what fruits it might deliver. A Shenmue 1 & 2 Remaster would be a great crowd pleaser.

Outside of game announcements, I'd be happy to see Sony step up to the plate and offer a surprise system feature. Native PS2 / PS3 (yeah, I know) backwards compatibility would be a headliner, but unlikely. Getting closer to fulfilling the promise of that initial reveal, and implemented their cloud tech for quick game demos would be great. I also think Sony are crazy for not utilising the Playstation brand more to bolster their Xperia sales, so could they pull a Playstation Phone 2.0 out of the hat?

Anyhoo, unlike E3 it's not on at stupid 0'clock, so looking forward to joining you all for a collective wallow in our forthcoming disappointment. :P

• Upvote 7
6 minutes ago, Capwn said:

Is this Sony Experience? I feel like this is the rubbish one before that? 

edit : Yep, Sony Experience is December. Soon followed by Game Awards.  This one doesn't usually have any big surprises.

They seem to be suggesting it'll be a good one this year.

4 minutes ago, Goose said:

Are we expecting an announcement by From Software? I don't want to see COD, Gran Tourismo or anything else. From all the way.

I doubt it. Games from European devs seem most likely. 

Game Awards or PSX are better bets.

33 minutes ago, Andy XC said:

According to IGN, Sony have 7 new game announcements up their sleeves. 

Demon's souls remastered definitely, maybe, yeah probably not.

I'd be happy for Dark Souls Remaster even. But Demon's would be amazing.

12 hours ago, Goose said:

Are we expecting an announcement by From Software? I don't want to see COD, Gran Tourismo or anything else. From all the way.

I've stopped hoping to be honest, it's too disappointing when it never comes.

1 hour ago, VN1X said:

I hope they start late so I can still catch some of this. Have to work 'till 5. :(

Too bad you're sick that day! Maybe you can still watch it from bed, but no way you're going to make it to work. What a shame, but it heerst at the moment so there's nothing you can do about it.

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, Andy XC said:

According to IGN, Sony have 7 new game announcements up their sleeves. 

Demon's souls remastered definitely, maybe, yeah probably not.

Those new announcements are all for the pre-show it seems. 

But plan to tune in early at 8:00am! We’ll begin with an introductory livestream featuring 21 game updates, including seven all-new game announcements for PS4 and PS VR. You won’t want to miss it.

Then at 9:00am, our Media Showcase will give you an exclusive new look at the next wave of huge PlayStation titles.

After the Showcase, stick around — we’ll dive deeper into the biggest announcements coming out of Paris Games Week.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/10/27/monday-paris-games-week-2017-brings-a-new-playstation-media-showcase/

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Capwn said:

There are rumblings of a Kain/Soul Reaver game :/ 

Why did I get negged for this? I'm not making it up (or trolling!)  Crystal Dynamics recently tweeted a SoulReaver quote which caused said 'rumblings'. I can see it being a being a CastleVania situation where they have a European studio developing it.

image.thumb.png.4b3ffac7da3508e07582e2b621e50f60.png

• Upvote 1

Paris Games Week has normally been quite good for Sony announcements and some smaller games - GTSport was first announced there if I remember.

I think we'll definitely see Detroit, Horizon DLC, Dreams, lots of small VR projects, hoping for WiLD and would love something from Housemarque.

3 hours ago, Stanley said:

I wonder if we'll see anything of The Last of Us Part II?

Yeah, 100% nope. Especially with it not even coming from a European dev. With regards to LOU2 I can see it playing out like this;

Sony Experience - Teaser 2

GDC - Trailer 1 + Small contained demo mainly showing off engine advances

E3 - Big Spectacle Demo + Trailer 2