ONRUSH - A New Breed of Arcade Action

Rushy

18 hours ago, Fatsam said:

Everyone on PS4? Even regular PS4 owners?

That's ace. What resolution does it drop to?

Yup, PS4 or PS4 Pro you can play at 60fps. 

By default its 60fps on Pro, and 30fps on Base (although that's changing for release to 60 by default as we've optmised the game further since then). So jump into the settings, and see what you prefere.

Resolution output is still 1080p on base using temporal construction of 900p.

1 hour ago, Super Craig said:

There’s a high-res texture pack for the X apparently. Not sure if it was installed when I had a shot, but it looked great anyway.

Yup, if you have an X then the 4K textures will download automatically.

53 minutes ago, Yuujiin said:

Downloading now not got a psn sub anymore . I take it I can play it in single player?

You can play all of it, no PS+ required.

1 minute ago, Rushy said:

It does count as online play, but we didn't want to restrict anyone from playing, so we asked Sony very nicely :)

Wow... Fair play to you lot. Definite sale from me now. 

Damn, this is even more Excite Truck than I expected, but with mad multiplayer battle elements - all of which is great. I've really enjoyed what I've played so far.

I suppose that part of my initial reaction is that I also wish it had that straight Excite Truck racing element to it, too. Beating times and mastering the corners and jumps and so on but I totally respect that it's trying to do something new. I've never played a driving game quite like it before. I can't figure out how it all works exactly but it seems to keep the action pretty constant.

Absolutely top work and great fun. 

Got to level 25 but not unlocked a new vehicle??

Really nice racing game, needs a time trial mode tho.

But that's just my personal preference as some of you guys from my friends list know from trackmania turbo and wipeout I'm the pro at time trials 8-)

But a beautiful looking game @Rushy,the controls feel perfect and just right which is the most important part for me so well done

3 minutes ago, Gotters said:

Looks lovely and quite like the handling - but the lack of actual racing and just boosting round smashing stuff left me cold very quickly

Yes I didn't want to be a downer but I felt the same, and I fucking love Driveclub. :(

I loved Motorstorm and Driveclub VR and the motorstorm game on Vita was one of my most played titles.

I will give this a fair crack of the whip but currently the overall game mechanic of crashing into stuff and eliminating vehicles leaves me cold as I prefer racing and the trailers made me think "oooh new motorstorm"!

It looks fantastic and the racing model/physics is gorgeously arcadey - I just have to see if I can learn to love the crash/boost style gameplay.

It's great fun, and I will have a blast with it over the next few days, but am struggling to see how it will hold my attention for any longer. With a lack of actual racing, it's not really what I was hoping it would be

35 minutes ago, Minion said:

Yes I didn't want to be a downer but I felt the same, and I fucking love Driveclub. :(

Yup ditto here at the moment. Maybe it's not so obvious what the end game is? That score chart at the top seems very small and only cared about where are team was when I got wrecked and had to wait for respawn.  

Intense though. 

I am really loving the bike, particularly on overdrive. Doing my best to avoid the bully boy opposition and constantly looking for opportunities to keep a combo going by weaving around squeezing through gaps, jumping and tricking and doing computer takedowns ,  then bam whoosh and take people out using the trail fucker or whatever it's called. Adrenaline pumping stuff.

This is great.

1 hour ago, Minion said:

Same, not sure exactly what I was expecting but as it stands gonna have to pass on this.  

Disappointed as had high hopes but for whatever reason it’s just not grabbing me. 

1 hour ago, parrapatheslapper said:

Yup ditto here at the moment. Maybe it's not so obvious what the end game is? That score chart at the top seems very small and only cared about where are team was when I got wrecked and had to wait for respawn.  

Intense though. 

Stick at it mate.. agree it all seems a bit overwhelming at first but you soon get a feel for each of the game types, then it just clicks.

It's the fact it's far removed from a "traditional" racer that takes some adjusting to.

Definitely plenty of fun in the photo mode @U-1 I only had a few hours at it today (one of those days unfortunately) I definitely found my way around the style of racing-that's-not-racing more quickly than i anticipated. I also enjoyed that aspect of the game far more than I thought I would, as I usually hate ram-fests and prefer tight, clean racing. It's got a good balance for me I think therefore and I'm going to have fun exploring the full game come June.

42175486591_abc4911e87_b.jpg
41274818605_114561f8a6_b.jpg
42175488621_d0e4ba7329_b.jpg
42175489331_63f027d3da_b.jpg

42175490531_1c9dcfd57f_b.jpg
27303579497_8a73f9e145_b.jpg
42175477451_aca8767c93_b.jpg
41274813425_8a2c53a93e_b.jpg

@Rushy, can't wait to play, but why bother having the Xbox version say "Ready to Start" when in fact all that does is boot you into a installation screen while it downloads the rest of the 10+GB the game needs to be installed. That shit is just frustrating man.