Ghost of Tsushima - New Sucker Punch IP

I would still prefer a lock on that automatically focussed the camera on the enemy you were locked on to. But the combat in this is still very enjoyable nonetheless. :)

20 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

A Clear sky and clear mind

a cool bed beneath the stars 

growing ever strong

That's exactly what I went for!

We could could be Haiku buddies!

Wait, come back, where are you going?

This is lovely.  The visuals have a real sense of artistry about them in the same way BotW does, while being wildly different, of course.

Probably not the outright super-bullshit best ever graffix ev4r Amen ever, but the use of lighting and colour is absolutely spectacular.  Galloping through a bamboo forest by moonlight with the wind gusting had my jaw nailed to the floor.

Well, as much as I'm enjoying the world and exploration I've had to bump the difficulty down to easy. My poor old hands don't seem to want to move as fast as they need to to be able to parry, strike and heal at the same time.

29 minutes ago, Thor said:

That's exactly what I went for!

We could could be Haiku buddies!

Wait, come back, where are you going?

We’ve always had the same tastes 

The game's a bit unclear about this, but: some of the skills in the Deflection skill tree actually change the red unblockable attack to blue parryable attacks.

I didn't touch those skill initially because I thought I hadn't encountered enemies with blue attacks yet.

I’m a good few hours and missions in now and the world seems to get more and more beautiful as you explore it. Not because you hit naturally nicer areas but it seems to just have a weird, calming beauty to it that slowly draws you in. I’ve just spent an entire journey on horseback heading to a waypoint grinning from ear to ear at what I can see :wub: 

A slightly upgraded standoff technique with some perfect parry kills makes me want to stand and applaud myself when I nail a battle. It’s incredible how a battle could easily be finished in 5 or 6 strikes or turn into a tense, tactical struggle depending on how well you hit your timings. Gameplay like this is often judged on whether or not you feel cheated when you die and at no point in all the multiple times I have died have I once thought it wasn’t my fault.

Fucking love this!!

I've just come off my first few hours with this, and first impressions are seriously positive, primarily because they've just nailed the combat! Coming straight from Nioh I was a bit worried, but it goes with completely different swordplay; weighty and methodical, where one wrong move won't end your game, a la Nioh, but will seriously cost you. I'm playing on hard and have just completed the Heavenly Strike side story - took me loads of goes and I felt severely underleveled, but persevered with the parrying and got there in the end. Love that resorting to stealth is usually made to be the easy way out!

Aside from the looks, it sounds bloody awesome. 

8 hours ago, U-1 said:

50123981316_d49b395a36_4k.jpg

You certainly have an eye for a great shot. My photo efforts on various games pale in comparison. 

This is a very pretty don't know if the backdrops change as you go through the game as only started.

1 minute ago, MardiganX said:

What is the best way to upload captured screenshots? I’ve never really done it but feel a need to get heavily involved in it with this. 

Link a Twitter account to your PSN, then save the photos from there after uploading. It's a bit convoluted but works. 

4 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

What is the best way to upload captured screenshots? I’ve never really done it but feel a need to get heavily involved in it with this. 

I export them to PC via USB (ensuring they are .PNG not .JPEG) then upload to Twitter and Flickr.

Always tend to share Flickr links as they retain quality.

The photomode for this one has definitely blown up within the virtual photography community. Practically everyone is singing it's praises.

It's nice to get such a feature rich one, especially after TLoU2's which I found a bit lacking.

21 minutes ago, Yuujiin said:

You certainly have an eye for a great shot. My photo efforts on various games pale in comparison. 

This is a very pretty don't know if the backdrops change as you go through the game as only started.

Many thanks.. my advice is to just stick at it, it's surprising how you develop and adapt to different photomodes.

From other photos I've seen it looks like there is plenty of variety throughout..I'm only just through the opening tutorial section.. estimate it will probably take me about 500 hours to complete at this rate! 

This does everything absolutely right. The movement, combat and story are all perfect. This wasn’t even on my radar until my daughters boyfriend started bigging it up about a month ago. It’s such a brilliant open world game, the best for some time.

Its so much better than the recent Creed games (and I really liked those). It also looks ridiculously stunning in Kurosawa mode and the Japanese language is the way to go as the English voice acting pales in comparison. 

Calm waters, calm mind

Darkness fades in brilliant light

We rise together

:wub:

Which translates to...

Focus Jin, don't lose your shit

I know its hard but do not quit

Cunts will die