rllmuk
Fargo

Ghost of Tsushima - New Sucker Punch IP

No way I’m waiting, day one for both of these awesome looking games. 

• Upvote 2

This looks great. I think I'd rather play this than TLOU2.

I just sold my PS4, so it's PS5 or nuffink for me.

Great news. I’ve got high hopes for this. I love Sucker Punch for the Sly Cooper games but never thought they quite got there with Infamous. I’m hoping this is going to be their Horizon: Zero Dawn.

• Upvote 2

I really enjoyed infamous:Second Son, one of my few platinum trophies.

I hope it does for Sucker Punch what Zero Dawn did for Guerilla, but I also hope it bears no resemblance to Zero Dawn as that was dull.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

It wasn’t dull, but I don’t want it to be similar to that, either. Doesn’t look like that’s going to be an issue, though. It looks fairly distinct.

What sort of game is it? It's not really been on my radar for quite a while, and I keep on mistaking it for Sekiro...is it going to be a bastard hard game like that, or more of a story-based hack 'em up?

1 minute ago, JoeK said:

What sort of game is it? It's not really been on my radar for quite a while, and I keep on mistaking it for Sekiro...is it going to be a bastard hard game like that, or more of a story-based hack 'em up?

The latter. Thursday's State of Play (18 minutes) will dive deeper into the mechanics.

• Upvote 1

It's very pretty but not seen much to suggest it's anything more than Assassins Creed: Samurai.

• Upvote 2

Dunno. If I get this, I’m gonna start in B&W with Japanese voices.

But the combat looked trivial. Assume there are proper duals at some point?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jonamok said:

But the combat looked trivial. Assume there are proper duals at some point?

Yeah, I’m struggling to get a sense of how it plays. 

Was the ‘samurai’ combat QTE-based? Looked pretty weak. I also didn’t appreciate the screen fading to black across a couple of quick cuts as the guy approached the duel. Was like transitioning to an RPG battle screen, in a bad way. May have just been the way it was edited for this particular vid, but I found it jarring.

Bloody hell!

This looks so good. Absolutely gorgeous as expected from a late-gen, 1st party title.

Can't help but feel a little sorry for Sucker Punch due to the whole TLOU2, Naughty Dog stuff taking some of the focus away from this.

• Upvote 1

Looks wonderful. Makes me wish I still had my PS4. But hopefully it’ll be even better on PS5.

That B&W filter on an OLED is something I’d love to see.

54 minutes ago, CarloOos said:

It's very pretty but not seen much to suggest it's anything more than Assassins Creed: Samurai.

From the earlier trailers I was hoping for something more atmospheric and story driven. I didn't like those glowing bamboo trees that massively stand out that and the big labels for QTE.

I imagine the story and atmosphere of the initial trailers will still be there, this was just a look at how it plays.

Only real concern is that the combat looks a bit too simple but let’s see.

Looks and sounds fantastic, if it has a good story I’ll be all over this.

Agree with all the above. Looks absolutely lush and I can't wait to explore the island. But does feel a bit ac'ish. Hopefully lots more to see. 

I guess I'm alone in hoping the combat is simple and doesn't involve timing your attacks. Also glad to see you can stealth it.

Day one for me.