IGNORED

Ghost of Tsushima - New Sucker Punch IP

Fargo

Naturally I get the comparisons to Assassin's Creed, but to me it's more like what AC could have become if they had retained more of the original game in that series. Combat in that could be really quick and brutal, whereas in Odyssey you can stab someone 20 times and only take off half their health.

Could do without the glowing trees, mind. I get not having a prolonged pruning animation if you're going to be collecting resources a lot, but if that is the case I'd rather said collecting was just sparser but more meaningful.

Also, timed attacks and button prompts are not QTEs.

1 hour ago, Majora said:

It looks fine but not particularly exciting. Beautiful but one of those games where you already know exactly how it's going to play and what the gameplay loop is going to be like before you even pick up a controller. Here's some plants to pick, here's some enemy camps dotted around that will get boring to clear after 10 hours, here's some question marks on your map to lead you around the world, here's some 'random' scripted encounter that will become tedious the 5th time it happens and so on. I think I saw pretty much every modern AAA open world design trope in there.

Beautiful vistas though. Lovely vistas. 

Yeah, I'm quite disappointed. I was hoping for something a bit more bold and unique given the setting, but it felt like a game I'd already played just from watching it. The same old shit with a new lick of paint.

If the stealth is strong enough it could be an open world Tenchu, but those sections looked a lot more AC in design.

Edited by CarloOos

Gorgeous graphics, but it looked extremely generic. Uncharted Creed: Japan. Bit disappointing, I was hoping for something less.... obvious, I guess. But realistically, this is probably what will appeal to the biggest audience. Given the apparently very high budget, it's maybe naive to expect anything more. Again, it looks gorgeous and it will probably play very well - it's just at first glance so extremely predictable.

7 hours ago, Majora said:

Here's some plants to pick, here's some enemy camps dotted around that will get boring to clear after 10 hours, here's some question marks on your map to lead you around the world, here's some 'random' scripted encounter that will become tedious the 5th time it happens and so on. I think I saw pretty much every modern AAA open world design trope in there.

Works for other Sony titles.

I think the most worrying thing about it was the exploration part. They could hardly have chosen less interesting stuff to find. Some supplies, a shrine, maybe an enemy settlement. It's just checklist stuff, most of it likely just feeding into some by-the-book crafting and levelling systems. Hopefully they just didn't want to spoil the good stuff, but that's not a good advert.

32 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Works for other Sony titles.

Yup, and when you factor in the rest of the Sucker Punch softography (is that a word?) I have every faith this will be brilliant.

For me, Sucker Punch have never put a foot wrong. 

Rocket Robot On Wheels

Sly 1, 2 & 3

inFamous 1, 2, Festival of Blood, Second Son & First Light

Sony have had a hell of a run with their "big" games this gen. I think, if PS5 wasn't launching between Oct - Dec this would have been their big title for that period like Spider-Man was in 2018 and Death Stranding was in 2019.

10 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Hardly likely when it’s out in two months - looks great btw, reminded me a bit of Breath of The Wild and Witcher 3 - two of the best games this generation. 

Release it on PS4 in July and PS5 in November.

Not sure what people expected other than an open world samurai/ninja action adventure. Its obvious you wont be one shotting enemies from the beginning like in that video, it'd be pretty much a walk in the palk if it were.

Anyway, its begging for this as some form of dlc/addon:

rdhx6giu1q0aesd5hrtv.jpg

Hopefully CDProjekt will allow it :D

9 hours ago, Majora said:

It looks fine but not particularly exciting. Beautiful but one of those games where you already know exactly how it's going to play and what the gameplay loop is going to be like before you even pick up a controller. Here's some plants to pick, here's some enemy camps dotted around that will get boring to clear after 10 hours, here's some question marks on your map to lead you around the world, here's some 'random' scripted encounter that will become tedious the 5th time it happens and so on. I think I saw pretty much every modern AAA open world design trope in there.

Beautiful vistas though. Lovely vistas. 

...are you going to buy it anyway? 

I do find it a little disappointing that it seems so on-template for this sort of AAA open world game. Clear the enemy camps either through "stealth", combat or a bit of both, find the shrines for incremental power ups, I expect a three-pronged skill tree, stupid superfluous crafting from trees.

1 hour ago, Kevvy Metal said:

There’s always Nioh 2 no? 

Yeah sure, I guess for some reason the previous walkthrough videos looked more interesting to me - this newest video just suddenly looked so 'gamey' and by-the-numbers in terms of what you actually do. 

Like it started so well "We wanted to find natural ways to guide the  player around" - I get excited thinking they are inspired by Breath of the Wild's excellent map design, but then no, we just get a GPS nav route disguised as wind.  Hmmm.   Landmarks / distant smoke etc to pull your interest.. but then the animals appear that show you exactly where to go..  I dunno, just seemed a bit uninteresting.   

Will defo keep an eye on opinions, because the previous stuff they've shown looked a bit like a nice mashup of action and stealth.  I just dunno about the standard AAA checklist stuff and skill trees, man.  

1 hour ago, Kevvy Metal said:

There’s always Nioh 2 no? 

Amen.

If you want intense, amazing, quality action with good graphics - play Nioh 2

If you want stunning, beautiful graphics with genetic gameplay - play this.