IGNORED

Ghost of Tsushima - New Sucker Punch IP

Fargo

Do you think the PS5 upgrade will improve the texture filtering? (It’s the one problem I have with the 60fps PS4 one: all the detail is lost in a big screen behind filtering targeting a GPU from 2013).

£30 for a DLC island nope. I think I paid that much for the whole game in their digital Xmas sale.

Amazing as the og game was, the new DLC sounds like more side questing administration, think Jin’s story has been told for now.

20 hours ago, Welrain said:

It reads to me

original PS4 > £20 > Directors Cut PS4

Director Cut PS4 > £10 > Directors Cut PS5

Original PS4 > £30 > Directors Cut PS5

looks like Original PS4 is £30 secondhand at the moment. 

Jesus. So fucking greedy. I already paid for this game this year!

52 minutes ago, Timmo said:

Jesus. So fucking greedy. I already paid for this game this year!

You were a bit late to the party though, as was I, it’s been out nearly a year. I don’t think there’s too much greed going on other than the £10 PS5 tax.

1 minute ago, scoobysi said:

You were a bit late to the party though, as was I, it’s been out nearly a year. I don’t think there’s too much greed going on other than the £10 PS5 tax.

Thing is I also grabbed this not that long ago as it already had nice upgrade just after the PS5 launch. I thought I'd have the best version for the foreseeable. Miles Morales and Sackboy both got nice upgrades free of charge, what makes this so special? When the MS value proposition is just so fucking strong at the moment they need to at least look like they're trying. I love my PS5 but the arrogance really grates.

1 hour ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Thing is I also grabbed this not that long ago as it already had nice upgrade just after the PS5 launch. I thought I'd have the best version for the foreseeable.

Same and I agree, they should have announced a PS5 version was in the works when they dropped the 60fps patch. However it looks so good anyway I don’t feel I’m missing much, which just makes the £10 upgrade charge look even worse.

I’ll be putting my money towards Horizon Forbidden West and pick this up at a later date.

Right or wrong pricing aside, the store is a fucking mess. Despite what’s reported I have the digital PS4 version and all I can see via my PS5 or the PS app is a £15 upgrade for the PS4 to PS4 directors cut. 

Am I supposed to upgrade to that before it will even show me the extra charge to upgrade from PS4 to PS5? 

It does indeed seem like the base to Director's Cut upgrade is "only" £15.99 at the moment, so it looks like they've not done a 1:1 USD to GBP conversion, oddly. I don't know why they haven't quoted the UK or EU prices. Fucking Sony confusion. And yes, the PS5 upgrade item is nowhere to be seen.

Jesus they need to sort out their storefront (and backend, from the sounds of it.)

If you go onto the PS5 and read the fine print carefully, the the UK price for the PS5 upgrade, on top of the £15.99 above for the Director's Cut content, is £9.00.

So it's £25 extra for everything on the PS5, as opposed to £16 if you're happy with PS4 BC.

Still shitty, but a little cheaper.

It’s up to them I guess but given how many companies are dolling out free next gen upgrades on both platforms it does seem odd they’re trying to charge for that.

If it turns out the PS5 upgrade is some bonkers level boost (as opposed to most next gen upgrades which don’t seem to add much beyond frame rate and resolution boosts, the former of which you get anyway with BC right now for the PS4 version) and more in line with a remaster or something then maybe it will seem more reasonable .

4 hours ago, scoobysi said:

So £22 with 12% ShopTo/CDKeys credit saving, it’s getting more reasonable depending on how substantial the new Island is.

Of course, if it had been lower you could have paid £15 or £10 with the credit saving.

It runs at 60fps at about 1800p (I think) and the loading times are already extremely short on PS5. I struggle to see what they can realistically add other than some haptics to make it much better. It’s already a great game. 

5 hours ago, Strafe said:

If it turns out the PS5 upgrade is some bonkers level boost (as opposed to most next gen upgrades which don’t seem to add much beyond frame rate and resolution boosts, the former of which you get anyway with BC right now for the PS4 version) and more in line with a remaster or something then maybe it will seem more reasonable .

The PS5 "version" is just a resolution bump (on top of the PS5 "PS4" version FPS boost). 

55 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

The PS5 "version" is just a resolution bump (on top of the PS5 "PS4" version FPS boost). 

Plus haptics, 3D Sound and Japanese lip sync, doesn’t seem a lot for the money though.

41 minutes ago, Monkeyspill said:

I don’t understand the pricing at all. For me it’s showing in the store as the full whack £69.99. Shouldn’t it be cheaper as I own the digital PS4 version? I only bought the thing a month ago.

That specific upgrade will only show from August 20 onwards. Do NOT pre-order anything if you have the digital PS4 version and want to upgrade to DC digital PS5.

On 03/07/2021 at 15:23, Gigawatt said:

It runs at 60fps at about 1800p (I think) and the loading times are already extremely short on PS5. I struggle to see what they can realistically add other than some haptics to make it much better. It’s already a great game. 

I turn all the haptics and trigger feedback off 

6 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

You can totally see the £15.99 PS4 upgrade now as a pre-order. It's only the additional £9.99 PS5 upgrade that's not visible for reasons. 

It’s the combined DC+PS5 upgrade that isn’t showing yet. I’d refrain from any pre-orders until “the selection matrix is complete”.

• 1 month later...