Ghost of Tsushima - New Sucker Punch IP

7 minutes ago, Dave White said:

Don't know if its my time spent with Sekiro and Nioh 2 but I'm kind of not that inspired to grab this. If the combat is the selling point and offers some deep mechanics then I'll give it a go.

I'd be very surprised if it's anything like Sekiro or NioH 2. From what we've seen it's most likely Assassin's Creed Samurai, but until the previews hit I'm still hoping it's a tad less formulaic than that. It certainly looks atmospheric at least. But I imagine that either way exploration and atmosphere are the thing in this, less so the combat.

1 hour ago, Dave White said:

Don't know if its my time spent with Sekiro and Nioh 2 but I'm kind of not that inspired to grab this. If the combat is the selling point and offers some deep mechanics then I'll give it a go.

I feel a bit like that, also the open world setting isn’t inspiring me from what I’ve seen, hopefully it will be good. 

I've been wanting Ubisoft to take Ass Creed to feudal japan but they have not yet so this will be perfect can't wait to play it. Would love to enjoy Nioh & Sekiro but they are just too hard for me :(

1 minute ago, teddymeow said:

Shame that it looks like the lip-sync is of the English language track when using Japanese dialogue.

It's a shame, but understandable as the vast majority will play in English.

If you told me that was a PS5 launch game I would believe you. It looks absolutely glorious. If the gameplay has enough to fill what seems set to be the most beautiful world I’ve ever seen in a game then this could well be a contender for more than just GOTY.

Im expecting Red Dead Redemption but with a Samurai. Surely that isn’t too much to ask for?!

22 minutes ago, grounded_dreams said:

@MardiganX the review embargo lifts on the 14th at 7am PST, which I think is 3pm our time.

Can view a countdown on the OpenCritic site.

Superb man, thanks. Even if it doesn’t quite hit the lofty heights of GOTY standards I will still be getting it :) it just looks far too pretty to not have on my TV!

20 minutes ago, grounded_dreams said:

Slowly going through watching (or re-watching) this list on the BFI site of their favourite samurai films, while patiently waiting for the game.

Next is 13 Assassins, which I don't think I've seen before.

Excellent film, you won’t be disappointed.