IGNORED

The Post Credits Mario Odyssey Thread - The Real Dark Odyssey Begins Here

scottcr

Ok, got 500 powermoons a couple of nights ago. The game has broken my heart, I hate what they have done post that and it makes me infuriated. It's like watching Citizen Kane and then at the end the director thinks it would be cool to have someone fart for 5 hours.

Spoiler

Honestly, I've died at least 100 times now over the course of two nights. I've managed to get to the Yoshi bit and fear it goes on for much longer. I know of 2 hearts (1 after the 'bowser barrel jumps in the lava and another behind the beanstalk character bit), I know I could get a 6 heart with the initial goomba bit but I'm just terrible at that. I don't think I could handle doing that on top of everything else every single attempt. 

It goes against everything before it, it just suddenly becomes SMB1 for no reason. So it genuinely feels like a cruel punishment for getting 500 moons rather than a reward. Whoever came up with that idea needs to really look in the mirror because this is where many players will leave the game. It's so wonderful before this moment and I'll be heartbroken if this is where I give up with the game.

2 hours ago, Capwn said:

Ok, got 500 powermoons a couple of nights ago. The game has broken my heart, I hate what they have done post that and it makes me infuriated. It's like watching Citizen Kane and then at the end the director thinks it would be cool to have someone fart for 5 hours.

Hide contents

Honestly, I've died at least 100 times now over the course of two nights. I've managed to get to the Yoshi bit and fear it goes on for much longer. I know of 2 hearts (1 after the 'bowser barrel jumps in the lava and another behind the beanstalk character bit), I know I could get a 6 heart with the initial goomba bit but I'm just terrible at that. I don't think I could handle doing that on top of everything else every single attempt. 

It goes against everything before it, it just suddenly becomes SMB1 for no reason. So it genuinely feels like a cruel punishment for getting 500 moons rather than a reward. Whoever came up with that idea needs to really look in the mirror because this is where many players will leave the game. It's so wonderful before this moment and I'll be heartbroken if this is where I give up with the game.

That's why you first mop up all of the coins and moons in the previous kingdoms before venturing into the Dark(er) side of the Moon.

I haven't even been there myself and I'm up to 800+ Moons myself. 

30 minutes ago, Capwn said:

Hide contents

At the beginning:

Spoiler

You don't have to use the goombas to beat the hat UFO thing - it's much easier to climb up the wall behind it and then long-jump onto it when it's in the right place. Once, twice, done.

There's also another 6-hearter at the end of the Yoshi bit that's dead easy to get.

Hope that makes it easier, but fair enough if you don't enjoy it. For me it was just the right level of challenge. I do know how you feel though, Champion's Road in 3D World was my equivalent. Just didn't like it enough to stick it out.

I'm really enjoying the post game. Perhaps playing it in super short bursts has helped. If I'd played it too intensively I could have burned out.  Having said that, at ~690 moons I'm getting to a point where I'm not arsed about continuing. 

Still not done the last level, mind! I do want to finish it, I find it cool. I really like how it seems a bit like a summary of everything you've learned through the game. 

6 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

Capwn is clearly not enjoying it. I’ve had enough of it at 25 hrs and 502 moons.

Fair enough. The point I was making was that at 500 moons you don't have to complete that level to continue playing, there's plenty left to do elsewhere.

Yeah, to be honest I was ready to leave it (happily and fulfilled) at 300 but then heard a podcast that made out something amazing happens at 500 so that pushed me through to 500. I'm not sure if that amazing thing has already happened or if it's after the gauntlet thing? 

38 minutes ago, Hellcock said:

Hi. I"m up to 300 moons and have completed the game.

What is my next objective? Go back through the levels and get to 500?

Yes. There are 999 moons in total. You'll unlock more on each level by activating a certain device.

5 hours ago, hombre_hompson said:

I wouldn't mind if it was just that. But a full 8 minutes to get back to a section that potentially is instant death if you get it wrong? Just seems overly harsh to me.

It's the final level! It's supposed to be hard!!

I thought it was a seriously incredible piece of level design. Just wonderful.

3 hours ago, Hellcock said:

It's the final level! It's supposed to be hard!!

I thought it was a seriously incredible piece of level design. Just wonderful.

Are you talking about the same 'last level' here? I'm not arguing with what you're saying, it's just that in your last update you were still only at 400 moons.