IGNORED

Selling collection - anyone else feeling the same way?

strider

Ah I didn’t realise. I thought you had an allowance each year. In that case I’d probably be prepared to get rid of most of it in a fairly short space of time. I need to get it all out after Christmas and work out what I have and what it is all worth. 

Cabs wise, 2 Astro City, 1 Blast City, 1 OK Baby and an Electrocoin MVS with 6 slot. 

Games wise off the top of my head...

~20 Capcom CPS2

~10 Capcom CPS1

~80 Neo Geo MVS carts and a stack of 1 slot motherboards

Taito Type X2 with ~12 HDD’s and Dongles

Namco 246 and 256 with a few games for each

IGS PGM and a few games

Couple of PGM2 games with motherboards 

Bunch of CAVE shooters

Konami 4p games like Turtles, Bucky O’Hare and Simpsons

A bunch of STV carts including Cotton 2 and Radiant Silvergun with a few motherboards

Double Dragon 1 and 2

Gokujo and Sexy Parodius + Konami GX motherboard

Rival Schools, Street Fighter EX and Strider 2 + ZN2 motherboard

Atomiswave and ~10 games

Taito F3 motherboards and games

Hyper Neo Geo 64 games and motherboards

there’s quite a bit more as well, also stacks of spares for the cabs.

6 minutes ago, Colonel Panic said:

You'll make a fortune from all that!

Definitely some CPS1, F3 and STV stuff I'd be interested in if you are really going to sell.

I’ll definitely be selling some of it, I just need to decide how much of it I want to get rid of. I’ll try to remember to give you a shout when the time comes. 

6 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

Not me on this one, Arcade stuff is well outside my remit, don't even have a cab for myself of any description, strictly console gamer

Ah yeah, I'm just kidding! I'm all over getting some more arcade bits, I bought an arcade cabinet in June so I've got plenty of things I'm after!

1 hour ago, Welrain said:

@phillv85  What do you have?

edit..meant as let’s see pics of your collection.

Here's a pic of the games room from when I first set it up. 

spacer.png

The rest of the stuff is up in the loft which is currently in a state of disarray while there's building work going on. It's mostly a pile of white boxes anyway, unfortunately arcade stuff ain't much to look at <_<

1 hour ago, Klatrymadon said:

Is DOJ on that IGS PGM, by any chance?

Yeah, the original DOJ was released as a standalone board on IGS PGM hardware but there’s since been bootlegs made out of PGM carts. There’s also DOJ Tamashii on the PGM2 which just adds an easy mode.

39 minutes ago, phillv85 said:

Yeah, the original DOJ was released as a standalone board on IGS PGM hardware but there’s since been bootlegs made out of PGM carts. There’s also DOJ Tamashii on the PGM2 which just adds an easy mode.

Yeah, I've been after a DOJ bootleg (white or black label) for some time. I probably couldn't afford it at the moment, but do let us know your asking price if you decide to sell it. Cheers!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

4 years since my original post and I don’t feel any different. I feel massively depressed at the moment for no real reason and my games feel like they are suffocating me. I get very little joy out of anything at the moment and spend all my spare time playing MTG Arena. Selling off a load of Cube games felt good and now I think I’m going to get rid of more stuff. Selling stuff fills me with anxiety though due to having to go out to sell stuff so I just find myself caught in a circle of longing to do stuff and not actually taking the plunge. Maybe I should just box all my stuff up in my loft and see if I miss it.

i’d have Loved to just take everything to the London Game Market (maybe not the Saturn) but going to a busy place like that horrifies me.

Sorry, this is a really depressing post.

You won't miss it if it's just stored in a box somewhere in your house. You need to fully get rid in order to experience that regret which then has you returning to eBay to buy everything back for 10%-50% additional cost.

I got depressed and sold all of NES set years ago, one of my biggest regrets and I've been slowly rebuilding it over time. Some of the games are around £200 a pop this time round and I'm having to rebuy them through gritted teeth :lol: Doesn't help that I've started another full SMS set on top as well. Don't care how desperate it seems won't be clearing these ones out.

8 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

I got depressed and sold all of NES set years ago, one of my biggest regrets and I've been slowly rebuilding it over time. Some of the games are around £200 a pop this time round and I'm having to rebuy them through gritted teeth :lol: Doesn't help that I've started another full SMS set on top as well. Don't care how desperate it seems won't be clearing these ones out.

You've bought and sold your collections a few times now haven't you?  Is this one going to stick?

23 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

If I'm honest there are very few games I regret selling because I wanted to play them, but there's plenty I regret selling because of what they're now worth, which is completely different.

21 minutes ago, CurryKitten said:

You've bought and sold your collections a few times now haven't you?  Is this one going to stick?

Not to this extent. I was 4 carts off the full set around 2011, never really come that close on anything before or since! Determined to keep these though as I bought one of those NT Mini Noir systems for close to a grand and a Mega SG to play everything on :lol: I would sell the Noir if there was a cheaper 3rd party device that could play all the carts. Nothing even comes close for compatibility out there so going to be a long time before that happens.

10 minutes ago, strider said:

If I'm honest there are very few games I regret selling because I wanted to play them, but there's plenty I regret selling because of what they're now worth, which is completely different.

One thing I've started doing is sinking a lot of time into the rubbish games. Even if they are pants I'll give them a fair go to see if there's any enjoyment to be had though I do struggle on things like Barbie. I quite enjoy the hunt on a lot of these which helps adds to the fun as I try to not just get everything off eBay.

13 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

Is it the backlog that bothers you, the space they take up? Just not being into gaming as much right now and having them around?

It's probably all of it to be honest. I've got a significant Switch collection (which I do play a lot) but I find that I often feel forced into buying certain games from the likes of Super Rare Games and Limited Run Games because you have no idea how expensive they'll become down the line. I've been a lot choosier with my Switch releases lately and the only ones I will buy immediately as shmups because they constantly get released in limited numbers and generally go for silly money once they're out of print (plus I love the genre).