IGNORED

Mega Man: 30th Anniversary | Megaman 11 - Oct 2nd 2018

Revival

15 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Just don't let that Mighty No. 9 guy be involved with this in any way.

That was probably the oddest turn of events possible. Fans/Creator get sick of their favourite franchise getting overlooked, massively overfund indie tribute, creator shafts game to focus on the TV spin-off... So it turns out the publisher had the right idea after all.

16 minutes ago, Retroid said:

That was probably the oddest turn of events possible. Fans/Creator get sick of their favourite franchise getting overlooked, massively overfund indie tribute, creator shafts game to focus on the TV spin-off... So it turns out the publisher had the right idea after all.

Inafune can have a lot of what went wrong with Capcom thrown on him too. He was one of the people who pushed for the company to use american temp workers over japanese workers which led to a lot of capcom employees being let go and studios being shut down.

So two announcements so far:

Megaman X collection (X to X8) - PC, Switch, Xbox One and PS4 (early next year)

Megaman 11 - PC, Switch, Xbox One and PS4 (late 2018) Not in an 8bit style, Very fluid animation style.

edit

Megaman Legacy collection 1&2 announced for Switch in 2018 with Amiibo support.

Art style is a bit meh. Seems to play as fast as the 8-bit series. Still amazed at how difficult it is to get his jump pose right as soon as you stop using pixel art. We'll see. Not particularly holding my breath over this one.

Mega Man himself looks a little small and awkwardly posed (the Smash Bros version captured him perfectly) but the enemies, particularly that digger look great and are wonderfully animated.

I'll maybe give it a go but I'll definitely get the X collection. Never been keen on the NES Man Mans. Mega Men. Mega Manse.

Nintendo Life suggests it's a collection rather than individuals.

I'm well on board for this. Loved my first foray into the series with X on the Mini SNES. Although I do hope they include save states as I can't imagine doing that entire level over and over again when I fail on the fucking chameleon for millionth time.

On 05/12/2017 at 10:57, joffocakes said:

Mega Man himself looks a little small and awkwardly posed (the Smash Bros version captured him perfectly) but the enemies, particularly that digger look great and are wonderfully animated.

I'll maybe give it a go but I'll definitely get the X collection. Never been keen on the NES Man Mans. Mega Men. Mega Manse.

Mega Mandem.

• 5 months later...

I wouldn't say it looked really good, but it looks a lot better than I was expecting given the earlier video. Still a lot of the early-2000s-Flash in it though.

I'd much prefer proper pixels :(

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...