IGNORED

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Uzi

1 hour ago, Kayin Amoh said:

Not sure, but I think it's accumulated damage for the most part.

Ah right, so like staggering a boss in previous games. The game really does reward aggression. It always feels like bosses (the human ones anyway) genuinely start to lose their composure if you rail on them. I actually felt sorry for Geni by the end of the game.

13 hours ago, Kayin Amoh said:

I don't use my PS5 a great deal, but the capturing process on that is significantly better than the X.

And so is the quality. My Xbox captures look ok on my phone but when I upload them, YouTube turns them to mush. I don’t get it at all. 

I went to go show Ashina Spears my new moves but managed to aggro every enemy in the area, but he’s definitely going down now. 

If I’ve beaten Genichiro, how far through am I? I was initially worried about beating this before Elden or putting it to the side when that comes out, but I think I’d be quite happy to just keep playing this. Elden remains an unknown quantity at this point, where as this is easily up there with the best of their output. 

5 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

And so is the quality. My Xbox captures look ok on my phone but when I upload them, YouTube turns them to mush. I don’t get it at all. 

I went to go show Ashina Spears my new moves but managed to aggro every enemy in the area, but he’s definitely going down now. 

If I’ve beaten Genichiro, how far through am I? I was initially worried about beating this before Elden or putting it to the side when that comes out, but I think I’d be quite happy to just keep playing this. Elden remains an unknown quantity at this point, where as this is easily up there with the best of their output. 

I dunno, but personally I think that's the apex of the game for quite a long time unfortunately. 

You need to push on through a lot of pretty dull parts to get to the next interesting boss.

I am close to the end I think. Just rinsed the corrupted monk in the fountainhead area.

I have an idea of what awaits and can't say I'm looking forward to the last boss based on what little I know of his reputation! (I have a history with this sort of game of becoming my most defeatist when I am right at the last hurdle)

Despite what Lovelyman says, the quality is consistent - for me and most people, anyway. My only low point is that immediately after that fight there's about five minutes of jawing as you run around talking to people, opening windows, burning incense, talking about sakura blossoms and OH GOD LET ME STAB SOMEONE, ANYONE

Genichiro is actually fairly early on if you're doing everything you can. But then, you can make a beeline to him without exploring various fairly extensive areas so it partially depends on which route you take to get there. 

Either way, there's a ton of optional content, and even the shortest beeline approach to the earliest Sh ending will involve some killing yet. (And let's be honest, that's not the ending you're going for)

2 hours ago, Lovelyman said:

I dunno, but personally I think that's the apex of the game for quite a long time unfortunately. 

You need to push on through a lot of pretty dull parts to get to the next interesting boss.

Ignore this, he's talking absolute nonsense. 

42 minutes ago, robdood said:

Ignore this, he's talking absolute nonsense. 

I’m not at all. I gave up later because nothing was as good as that fight, and the world isn’t that interesting to explore. 

Got to the Juzou the drunk area, the fire archers are ripping me a new one when I'm trying to clear the area. 

Really don't wanna have to reset threat repeatedly and stealth kill em one by one but they're proving to be very irritating and I don't wanna get to the big guy with no healing items >.<

EDIT: Nevermind, didn't realise they don't follow you across the water lol. 

Ignore the ones before the pond. Just run over the rooftops at full pelt. They won’t follow you across the river.

Then when you get to Juzou, go left, sneak through the pagoda and stealth kill one guy in there and quickly kill the other. Then you can sneak along the corridor and get a stealth kill on one of the shield idiots.

Then just do laps of that route, use that corridor to thin out the enemies so you can kill them all without being in range of Juzou. Once he’s alone, run to the Shinobi in the pond, speak to him and just skip all his dialogue, and he’ll help you kill Juzou.

Forgive me for this shameful display, Kayin-sama. 

I killed some ninja in a very tight space, which was very rubbish, and am now in a spooky cavern with some scooby-doo villain who inflicted “Terror” and killed me instantly. Good stuff. 

The first sign of a rolling skeleton, and I’m outta here. 

Nothing wrong with that display at all - if you beat them, you've done a great job!

I also liked how you noticed the timing on the jump requirement. A lot of people try to do it while he's still spinning it above his head, which doesn't end well for them.

I started this a couple of days ago for the first time and I’m enjoying it so far. Just did my first ‘proper’ boss, which took a reasonably large number of attempts, par for the course with me and Souls games. 

I love that this is Souls but quicker. I’m slowly getting the hang of the systems. I also like how all the ‘interface’ (menus, ‘bonfires’, gourds etc) is pretty much the same in all the soulsbournes, like it’s a house style or something. 

Didn't quite get to where I wanted last night, in my head I thought geni was right round the corner from the first boss in a manner of speaking. 

Also forgot the blazing bull even existed and it spent a good hour or so kicking my arse, fight just wouldn't click, kept being too greedy with hits or mistiming dodge rolls. 

Eventually got him down and that's where I left it for the evening. 

Having real issue with the mikiri counter, fighting the seven spears guy in the reservoir, as he's mostly thrust perilous with the odd sweep, I've been trying to do it as often as I can but I swear half the time I go for it, I just failed and get impaled. 

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but after an hour of fighting the guy already considering just sacking this off, it triggers me far too easily lol. 

@Varsity Like I said earlier in the thread, skip him for now, he's tough as nuts. More often than not the game gives you plenty of options. There's no point fixating on one enemy and banging your head against a wall whilst there's so many cool things to see in the game elsewhere. I get that quitting and moving on never feels quite right, but he's not going anywhere (soon). Come back with more gourds, beads and unlocked skills.

Wasn't in a particularly patient mood yesterday hence why I ended up getting so annoyed by it. 

Have a chill day ahead today though so will revisit it and do some good ol' fashioned exploring for a bit I think. 

9 hours ago, Benny said:

Not unless you enjoy a good turbo fucking.

Thanks.

I don’t think I’m done with senpou temple, though:

Spoiler

I haven’t properly explored the hall where I rang the bell to get to the monkeys.

There’s some spooky cave corridor that just ends with a pit (there’s 4 of those Voldo looking bastards in there). Should I jump down there?

I found a door which leads to some crazy Terror monster called Headless. I just quickly scarpered.

Any of these super worth doing or should I just go find me some flowers?

2 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Thanks.

I don’t think I’m done with senpou temple, though:

Hide contents

I haven’t properly explored the hall where I rang the bell to get to the monkeys.

There’s some spooky cave corridor that just ends with a pit (there’s 4 of those Voldo looking bastards in there). Should I jump down there?

I found a door which leads to some crazy Terror monster called Headless. I just quickly scarpered.

Any of these super worth doing or should I just go find me some flowers?

Yeah jump down there's more there.

1 minute ago, HarryBizzle said:

That one was basically a given, but that Headless thing seemed like blocking my way with something I shouldn’t mess with. 

Headless is terrifying but something you should definitely tackle when you feel more comfortable and have a good stack of divine confetti. He has one of the best attacks in the game :)