Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Lunch break too, but I committed this morning and got it on PC- I happen to be off tomorrow anyway by coincidence, so after some chores ill be avoiding any sunshine and growling at interrupting family members :)

• Upvote 3
51 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Yeah, to think I opted to pay more just to get a steel book from somewhere else :lol:

Mine turned up after I woke from a short nap. Just need to do some of this ‘eating’ thing first

• Upvote 1

Paragraph from the Polygon review re difficulty:

Spoiler

Rarely do my insights or incremental improvements give me anything close to an easy win, but Sekiro isn’t difficult for difficult’s sake. It gives me hints, but no roadmap. It implies. It finds ways to reward me when I read between the lines. It hands me my ass when I try something a little too clever or panicked or cheap, but it gives me victories when I act with care and react with considered split-second decisions. This is the skill that Sekirochallenges me to accumulate, and it never lets me forget that.

• Upvote 4

GameSpot:

Spoiler

9/10

Quite a few reviews on Open Critic now.

Seems that some reviewers have found the game more difficult than Souls whereas others find it easier. A common theme in all of them is how it's not as similar to Soulsborne as you would expect, and that the combat is magnificent.

• Upvote 2

From watching the Giant Bomb playthrough the difficulty seems to come from a load of enemies ganging up on you when they're aware of your presence so you have to play it a lot more steathily and try and take people on one on one without drawing the attention of the enemies around you, then it doesnt seem so hard.

It looks like my perfect game tbh, cant wait!!

• Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

GameSpot:

Reveal hidden contents

9/10

Quite a few reviews on Open Critic now.

Seems that some reviewers have found the game more difficult than Souls whereas others find it easier. A common theme in all of them is how it's not as similar to Soulsborne as you would expect, and that the combat is magnificent.

Virtual Link is the next step to that. My gfx card came with the port ready for it. Video and power to the VR headset over a single usb c cable.

Whoops. Wrong thread :)

So glad its a winner and the difficulty is subjective. Just skim read some reviews to avoid spoilers and now I'm ducking out of discussion and reviews until I get my hands on the game and can rinse the hell out of it. Except Demon Souls this will be my first From game where I know nothing about it aside from the preview articles and maybe 10 minutes of gameplay from the start of the game. Can't wait to discover all its secrets and gameplay mechanics for myself!

• Upvote 3
57 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Seeing as how people have copies of the game now, can we please reiterate NOT spoiling place and boss names (the latter especially) and using abbreviations, like we always have in the other From games threads. I know it sounds trivial, but for those of us who have worked hard to avoid any spoilers it'd be a shame go ruin that now.

I might just avoid the thread, but then again I love hearing people's impressions!

Spoiler tags only work if you can somehow indicate what is behind the spoiler though, no?

If you can't use place names or acronyms how can you indicate what's behind the spoiler?

Just now, Strafe said:

I have it on Xbox x. Is it just me or is the frame rate rather janky?

If it's like other FROM games this gen, it's likely not properly frame-paced. All their games feel a touch "stuttery" you get used to it.

6 minutes ago, Thor said:

If it's like other FROM games this gen, it's likely not properly frame-paced. All their games feel a touch "stuttery" you get used to it.

It’s a bit odd. I bought it was a 60fps job.