Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Just now, Thor said:

Aye, I explored loads of places and got lots of upgrades to health and gourd seeds before going back to him late last night. I was tired though, and some of my timing was off. This morning, however, I was fresh-faced and ready for battle!! 

Does anyone know for certain if the Bell demon makes bosses more difficult? I'll be honest, I thought it would give more XP when killing enemies, but it only gives more sen and other loot. I think the Bell demon is only good if you want to go farming.

I don't even know what the bell demon is! (don't tell me)

4 minutes ago, robdood said:

I felt like that when I first met him.  I went exploring for a while.  Have you definitely explored all other avenues?  They could lead to health / posture upgrades which will help. 

Eventually I returned.  It took a good bit of practice, but I proper got the hang of him by the end.  Good luck!

Patient aggression is what is required. 

Yeah, I think that, as ever, I'll just need to practice against him.

I've reached a couple of other bosses/mini-bosses that seem even harder and take more time to reach

Spoiler

one in S Valley and the other, a terror spewing nightmare down in the  Dungeon..

and all other roads have lead to dead ends so I'll make GA my current project.

27 minutes ago, JPL said:

I’ve never played Nioh, so it went right over my head.

Who gives a shit about Nioh?! I guess I'm missing something. :lol:

Anyway I'm just trying to liven up the place instead of having something so dour (Brexit) be linked to something so glorious (Sekiro). But I guess that whole situation has already done a number on you folk based on some of these replies. Jesus. 

I'm oot. Have fun!

8 minutes ago, robdood said:

I don't even know what the bell demon is! (don't tell me)

I won't. I found it by exploring, and then found a whole other area I had to google to get to because I thought I'd explored a completely different area fully when I hadn't.

For those who want to know more about the Bell demon:

Spoiler

It's essentially "Hard mode" - it makes enemies tougher, but gives higher rewards/better drop rates.  The effect is active so long as you have the bell demon in your inventory. If you use it, the demon and the effect disappears and you're back to normal. You can get the bell again any time you wish. 

For those who wish to know how to get it:

Spoiler

It's in Mt Kongo. However, it's on the other side of Mt Kongo. If you look across from where you fight the Armoured Warrier, you can see a large bell on the edge of a cliff. You can't get there via the Abandoned Dungeon. In fact, I can't remember how I got there, but there is an idol there, so you can travel there any time once you find it.

5 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Another one of my bad decisions too!

Nah, your killing of an NPC is your worst one. :P

1 minute ago, JPL said:

When I met that merchant on the rob, he mentioned something about a 3 storey pagoda up on a cliff that had some treasure at the top. Where and what was he referring to?

gentle hint:

Spoiler

it's in the same map. from the starting point of the area you can see it. 

further hint if that isn't enough to help you:

Spoiler

explore the waterways.. 

Spoiler

thoroughly!!

1 minute ago, Thor said:

Don't feel too bad, I've killed a different one, and I don't know the ramifications of that yet. 

I am tempted, every single time, to kill the NPC's that I encounter.

Just to see what happens really but since killing that guy I have managed to restrain myself...

29 minutes ago, Thor said:

For those who want to know more about the Bell demon:

Hide contents

For those who wish to know how to get it:

Hide contents

It's in Mt Kongo. However, it's on the other side of Mt Kongo. If you look across from where you fight the Armoured Warrier, you can see a large bell on the edge of a cliff. You can't get there via the Abandoned Dungeon. In fact, I can't remember how I got there, but there is an idol there, so you can travel there any time once you find it.

You have to go past a note that warns you about some headless man or something that cant be killed by normal means.

Detailed directions, sort of below:

From the chained ogre, go through the upper broken window and out the other side, then head right, around the cliff top. Grapnel to the tree and take a leap of faith and grab the ledge thats barely visible. The cave entrance on the the bottom large platform is your goal. Go through that, but instead of going right, drop down to where the enemy is, but ignore it and jump up one level and run through the tunnel that is on the right. At the end is a shinobi door (put your back to it and it rotates) to get to the idol for the bell demon. Its pretty obvious from there on.

2 minutes ago, Mr Ben said:

You have to go past a note that warns you about some headless man or something that cant be killed by normal means.

Detailed directions, sort of below:

Reveal hidden contents

From the chained ogre, go through the upper broken window and out the other side, then head right, around the cliff top, grappel to the tree and take a leap of faith and grab the ledge thats barely visible. The cave entrance on the the bottom large platform is your goal. Go through that, but instead of going right, drop down to where the enemy is, but ignore it and jump up one level and run through the tunnel that is on the right. At the end is a shinobi door (put your back to it and it rotates) to get to the idol for the bell demon. Its pretty obvious from there on.

I didn't get to the Demon Bell that way

There's a secret path in Mt Kongo too. But once I got there I found the entrance you're talking about

Feeling at a bit of a loose end at the minute. Ashina Elite seems way beyond me right now. There's a boss at the end of the Mt Kongo path I haven't taken down but I think is optional since it's a dead end. In the AD there's a boss I need to take down to progress further but I don't feel like I have enough confetti to bother even trying yet. 

I feel like the guy at the bottom of the well is probably my best bet to kill if I want to carry on exploring right now but the camera is terrible down there.

Feels like all roads lead to a boss :ph34r:

59 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Who gives a shit about Nioh?! I guess I'm missing something. :lol:

Anyway I'm just trying to liven up the place instead of having something so dour (Brexit) be linked to something so glorious (Sekiro). But I guess that whole situation has already done a number on you folk based on some of these replies. Jesus. 

I'm oot. Have fun!

Dude, wtf are you going on about :wacko:

Horse guy down after 10+ attempts, that was extremely satisfying!

It really looks like you can jump off the edge  of the cliff around the back of the rat guys house but no luck so far.. I'm convinced you can get over there but maybe that's later in the game. It almost allows me to hook onto a branch before dying..

I love the exploring element of this game and thinking there are secrets and hidden items around every corner.

Will progress further on this story line before trying LB again I think. Feeling a lot more powerful than earlier.