Jump to content

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice


Uzi
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, robdood said:

gentle hint:

  Hide contents

it's in the same map. from the starting point of the area you can see it. 

 

further hint if that isn't enough to help you:

  Hide contents

explore the waterways.. 

  Hide contents

thoroughly!!

 

 

 

I just went to have a look after looking at your first tip and I’ve alteady been up there and grabbed the goodies. I had to run away and jump off the cliff though, like I did the first time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Iiiiiin two. Jim Bowens mate is down. Essentially ran around for 5-6 minutes occasionally hitting it in the arse. Not the most graceful boss battle I've ever been involved in. It was certainly no 'Me vs Artorias where I took no hits at all 2013'. That's still quite famous in my house and gets mentioned pretty often. But whatever, onwards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh shit, finally reached the C. Monk that I recall seeing briefly on YouTube thumbnails! 

 

He's nails.  Have decided to try and beat the tough enemy right before him first.. I'm quietly hoping

Spoiler

..for some kind of permanent confetti from her! 

 

Though a part of me wonders if I should spare her to be able to answer her questions if I do indeed run across the bloke she's asking about. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please tell me there's a point to the rice you can buy. I thought I needed it for a sidequest but returning to the NPC who talked about rice has done nothing. Feel like I've just wasted a load of Sen on that.

 

Currently stuck on Snake Eyes anyway. Feels like it shouldn't be too hard a fight but it's nearly impossible to clear all the NPCs before alerting her/them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, robdood said:

Oh shit, finally reached the C. Monk that I recall seeing briefly on YouTube thumbnails! 

 

He's nails.  Have decided to try and beat the tough enemy right before him first.. I'm quietly hoping

  Hide contents

..for some kind of permanent confetti from her! 

 

Though a part of me wonders if I should spare her to be able to answer her questions if I do indeed run across the bloke she's asking about. 

 

 

CM is a she, apparently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Majora said:

Please tell me there's a point to the rice you can buy. I thought I needed it for a sidequest but returning to the NPC who talked about rice has done nothing. Feel like I've just wasted a load of Sen on that.

 

Currently stuck on Snake Eyes anyway. Feels like it shouldn't be too hard a fight but it's nearly impossible to clear all the NPCs before alerting her/them. 

 

Its definitely possible to complete that fight without killing or alerting any of the nearby NPCs. I won't reveal the route but its there!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, robdood said:

Decided to try a different route for now.  Folding SM is a bit WTF.  :D this is excellent. 

Aye, and for once* I agree with the accronyms - I wouldn't want that spoiled. That's a brilliant part of the game. 

 

*twice, actually. There's another boss I've happened upon that I wouldn't want spoiled. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sie said:

 

Its definitely possible to complete that fight without killing or alerting any of the nearby NPCs. I won't reveal the route but its there!

 

Hmmmm. I've got a route where I stealth kill two of the NPCs on the way to her and then get a stealth hit in on Snake Eyes but as soon as the fight kicks off one of the enemies from across the arena starts shooting at me. Even if you can get to her without alerting anyone I don't see how any of the four enemies around wouldn't be alerted unless you stick to a tiny area of the map.

 

This is probably the first fight that's been actively annoying me. Not just because of the other enemies but because it's set in a cramped area litterred with little rocky outcrops that stop me from dodging and the camera/lock-on can't seem to cope with the tight areas (something I've been noticing more and more as the game progresses. The Souls games have always had quite bad cameras but the speed at which everything happens in this game seems to exacerbate the underlying camera issues far more than in the old games.)

 

Just need to take a break and go in with a fresh pair of eyes tomorrow I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Could someone give me some gentle hints as to where I can go next? Ashina Castle spoilers:

 

Spoiler

I've got to Genichiro but don't feel strong enough to take him yet. I've heard talk of an AW boss who wears ill-fitting armour but I've explored the dungeon and all I can find is shit-scary headless. Also got access to snake pass and Senpou temple. Any recommendations on where to get sidetracked before taking on Genichiro?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Majora said:

 

Hmmmm. I've got a route where I stealth kill two of the NPCs on the way to her and then get a stealth hit in on Snake Eyes but as soon as the fight kicks off one of the enemies from across the arena starts shooting at me. Even if you can get to her without alerting anyone I don't see how any of the four enemies around wouldn't be alerted unless you stick to a tiny area of the map.

 

This is probably the first fight that's been actively annoying me. Not just because of the other enemies but because it's set in a cramped area litterred with little rocky outcrops that stop me from dodging and the camera/lock-on can't seem to cope with the tight areas (something I've been noticing more and more as the game progresses. The Souls games have always had quite bad cameras but the speed at which everything happens in this game seems to exacerbate the underlying camera issues far more than in the old games.)

 

Just need to take a break and go in with a fresh pair of eyes tomorrow I think.

 

My approach.

 

 

 


To be really safe, start from the Idol that is above the guy who shoots at you from the other side (so not the poison pool idol, the other one just before it). Drop down on him for a stealth kill and then back away before Snake Eyes spots you. Then from that same ledge where you killed the NPC, you should be able to grapple a couple of times across the poison pool area and onto the top of that Budda head on the other side. As soon as you land, make your way down it to the rock wall before the NPCs go into yellow triangle mode. You can then creep around and get the deathblow on Snake Eyes without any NPCs knowing or reacting.

As for the actual fight, you don't really need any room at all. She basically has three main attack approaches, two of which can be baited with a sword attack (and absolutely should be). When she counters with a left or right swing after you bait her, parry that and immediately counter attack. Repeat this pattern and keep up constant pressure to stop her posture dropping. The third thing to watch out for is the perilous attack - quickly jump backwards to avoid the grab part and then jump attack forwards to land a blow. Her bullets are easily deflected if you have the timing down on the 2 attacks I mentioned first. You can do pretty much all of this without Snake Eyes moving much at all. Just remember to be super aggressive and stay right in her face - if you're not deflecting a blow from her, you wanna be baiting one out of her. Waiting for her next move while her posture drops will make this fight a lot harder.
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Let us measure said:

Could someone give me some gentle hints as to where I can go next? Ashina Castle spoilers:

 

  Hide contents

I've got to Genichiro but don't feel strong enough to take him yet. I've heard talk of an AW boss who wears ill-fitting armour but I've explored the dungeon and all I can find is shit-scary headless. Also got access to snake pass and Senpou temple. Any recommendations on where to get sidetracked before taking on Genichiro?

 

 



There is an exit behind Ashina Castle if you've not been there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Majora said:

 

Hmmmm. I've got a route where I stealth kill two of the NPCs on the way to her and then get a stealth hit in on Snake Eyes but as soon as the fight kicks off one of the enemies from across the arena starts shooting at me. Even if you can get to her without alerting anyone I don't see how any of the four enemies around wouldn't be alerted unless you stick to a tiny area of the map.

 

This is probably the first fight that's been actively annoying me. Not just because of the other enemies but because it's set in a cramped area litterred with little rocky outcrops that stop me from dodging and the camera/lock-on can't seem to cope with the tight areas (something I've been noticing more and more as the game progresses. The Souls games have always had quite bad cameras but the speed at which everything happens in this game seems to exacerbate the underlying camera issues far more than in the old games.)

 

Just need to take a break and go in with a fresh pair of eyes tomorrow I think.

Hmmm there's something I want to inform you that is kind of a very mild spoiler, but it does remove the outcrops from the equation and make for a fairer fight. 

 

Up to you if you want to click. 

Spoiler

Presuming you mean outside.  I ignored her and got to fight her in a different place further into the game.  (I presume it was her again, anyway!)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, robdood said:

Hmmm there's something I want to inform you that is kind of a very mild spoiler, but it does remove the outcrops from the equation and make for a fairer fight. 

 

Up to you if you want to click. 

  Hide contents

Presuming you mean outside.  I ignored her and got to fight her in a different place further into the game.  (I presume it was her again, anyway!)

 

 



They ain't the same person but they are basically the same boss fight - Snake Eyes Shirahagi in the poison pools and Snake Eyes Shirafuji at the gun fort. Both can be killed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MikeF said:

Its one method, I used a different one though relating to an item you get from a boss fight

Yeah someone on Reddit pointed out the 'intended' method.   I had that item too, just hadn't thought to try it yet! :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Majora said:

 

Hmmmm. I've got a route where I stealth kill two of the NPCs on the way to her and then get a stealth hit in on Snake Eyes but as soon as the fight kicks off one of the enemies from across the arena starts shooting at me. Even if you can get to her without alerting anyone I don't see how any of the four enemies around wouldn't be alerted unless you stick to a tiny area of the map.

 

This is probably the first fight that's been actively annoying me. Not just because of the other enemies but because it's set in a cramped area litterred with little rocky outcrops that stop me from dodging and the camera/lock-on can't seem to cope with the tight areas (something I've been noticing more and more as the game progresses. The Souls games have always had quite bad cameras but the speed at which everything happens in this game seems to exacerbate the underlying camera issues far more than in the old games.)

 

Just need to take a break and go in with a fresh pair of eyes tomorrow I think.

 

Theres a really easy method

 

Stealth her once, then lure her into the poison ang go to the other idol in the room, climb to the buddhas hand and wait

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Majora said:

Ashina Elite seems way beyond me right now. There's a boss at the end of the Mt Kongo path I haven't taken down but I think is optional since it's a dead end

 

The Mt Kongo guy is quite straightforward if you treat it as a rhythm action sequence with the note/beat being a deflect - there's no attack needed other than the death blow.Once you get into the deflect timing you just need to keep repeating it..

 

Can't recall how I defeated the Elite but givenhis aggression, it was probably a similar deflect, deflect, deflect strategy as, even with my clumsy play style, I didn't find him too troublesome 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.