Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Uzi

1 minute ago, ann coulter said:

Ok, Long-arm CG is my first point of real frustration. This fight seems a little silly, honestly.

Reveal hidden contents

Ten consecutive rapid fire attacks and then a brief window to get one little hit in? Then another ten rapid fire attacks? By the tenth swipe, my posture is broken, meaning blocking isn't a strategy. His arms are so long dodging isn't really a strategy. I tried not locking on so I can sprint around him which works but then the camera is all over the place and I've no idea where he is (top down camera would actually work really well here). Firecrackers stun him every time but I can only get two hits in before he winds up his ten attacks again, and I run out of them before he's dead. Has anyone actually done him yet?

Rapidly tap block to deflect his attacks. It kills his posture. Fight is easy this way

Just now, MikeF said:

Hide contents

Rapidly tap block to deflect his attacks. It kills his posture. Fight is easy this way

Spoiler

Nope. It kills my posture at twice the rate it kills his so I'm at a massive disadvantage using that strategy.

Spoiler

Well, I'm trying to deflect by tapping each time he swings but it doesn't stop his attacks or anything. Do you have the Flowing Water skill by any chance? Reduced posture damage when attacked by a sword. Not that Giraffe is using a sword, mind you.

46 minutes ago, ann coulter said:

Good lord. LCG is wrecking my shit more than any other boss yet. Sekiro makes the Souls series seem like Kirby games.

Edit: Never mind, figured out its weakness. Now easy.

Edit: Not easy. Prosthetic tools run out too fast, even when expanded. :(

What an emotional roller coaster, I was thoroughly invested.

Would read again.

Yeah, jumping is not a reliable strategy either. Fuck. :( I'd say I'm on attempt fifty or so, each attempt last an average of maybe ten seconds. Unless I'm missing something or am underlevelled somehow, this is the hardest thing they've ever put in a Souls game.

Edit:

Spoiler

Oh well, for some reason after a gazillion attempts he started doing a new red kanji danger move which makes the fight a lot easier. Before that it was just endless normal slashes. Absolutely horrible boss.

Decided to try Lord Genichiro last night. Got him on 2nd try using

Ichimonji double - it ruins his posture. Thank's Mr Ishin.

2nd phase (lightning) wasnt even that hard, just the same with a bit more dodging.

Character looks like the box art now, and I gained something that now makes the sub heading a bit....wrong :lol:

I've hit a roadblock. GA is fucking me right up. I've used all the prosthetic power now, and like fuck am I farming for more (I suppose I could buy some). He also has a cheap grab move which I'm finding very difficult to evade. In fairness it's rare that he does it, but only once have I managed to evade it in countless tries. 

GA has spoiled the game for me. :(

32 minutes ago, Thor said:

I've hit a roadblock. GA is fucking me right up. I've used all the prosthetic power now, and like fuck am I farming for more (I suppose I could buy some). He also has a cheap grab move which I'm finding very difficult to evade. In fairness it's rare that he does it, but only once have I managed to evade it in countless tries. 

And you’ll feel like a fucking boss when you beat him/her/whatever it is.

33 minutes ago, Thor said:

I feel your pain, been stuck on him for about 3 nights play and also used up all my supplies. Twice I had him one hit away from death in his final form only to get greedy and die, not had any problems until now, it made me think i was getting controller lag.

I do ok, but the more I fight him the worse I get, saying that final form seemed impossible the first night I tried him so I am def getting better.

Guardian A Tips

1st form

The combo where he lies on the floor and tantrums - block the first hit on the floor and dodge to his head. The push back of the first hit and the dodge should put you at a safe distance to move and wail on his head safely for 5 hits.

When he runs off follow him and you’ll get an opportunity of a grapple. Air attack and then 1 hit. After this, prepare to block his attacks

Block his shit (literally). Dodging when he throws his shit is super risky, just block it. 

Whenever he has his back to you be VERY weary of his fart, no more than 1 hit then back right off.

Wait to the last second to dodge his danger grab, dodge left.

All his combos can be blocked out without risk. Just remember it will raise your posture bar right up so after he finishes back right off and let it reduce.

2nd form

When he jumps and slides at you he’ll swing a low attack left to right, jump over the swing and position yourself do one charged thrust attack. After this back right off.

When he leaps high into the air back off to a safe distance. Once he’s landed move in quickly and prepare to parry his 2nd smash. Doing this will put him in a stun state and allow you to wail for 5-6 hits. After this back right off.

The main thing with his 2nd form is after any combo finishes he will likely scream so if you parry the final hit the very best you can hope for is 1 hit before you absolutely have to get away. Fastest way to get away is double tap and hold Circle/B this will make you dodge back and put you straight into a run.

If you have the mortal blade combat skill, it can knock him out of his scream animation before it starts. There is a timing though.

Just play it safe in the 2nd form, keep your distance and wait for the big jumps as it’s your best opportunity to do damage.

I did it without using the prosetic, so can confirm you don’t need to rely on it to get you through.

Good luck.

If, like me, you havent tried to fight certain bosses properly yet because they have a dark souls esque ability -

Terror!

- then there is a vendor that sells unlimited items to help - you have to "save" him before he'll head back to the temple where the sculptor is. He's at Ashina Castle, and not that hard to find (he's on the ground floor, and not that hard to "save" either).

Might attempt 'ole headless at some point tonight just to test.

Started this again on PC earlier — telling myself it’s because I’ve been watching streams the last few days on my sickbed and can’t handle 30fps, rather than me being out of practice and a massive wuss — and holy shit. Absolutely smashing my way through the early stages, disrespecting the shit out of everything in my path. Really rammed home how much I’d learned since those first few terrified evenings feeling like everything could two-shot me. Highly recommended. 

Grrr, Lone Longsword Fella is down, but a very unsatisfying messy fight. Took me about 7-8 goes I reckon, but the cramped conditions and the camera constantly throwing a loop made for a frustrating experience. Realised after a few deaths that his posture damage accumulates pretty quickly, so that's his weakness. Still, angry...

3 minutes ago, Nate Dogg III said:

Started this again on PC earlier — telling myself it’s because I’ve been watching streams the last few days on my sickbed and can’t handle 30fps, rather than me being out of practice and a massive wuss — and holy shit. Absolutely smashing my way through the early stages, disrespecting the shit out of everything in my path. Really rammed home how much I’d learned since those first few terrified evenings feeling like everything could two-shot me. Highly recommended. 

I was really worried after early reports that this would run like shit on a base OG PS4, but so far I've been so impressed with the performance. I completed Nioh on its performance mode, so was treated to a smooth 60fps throughout, but I'm honestly not noticing any debilitating difference in Sekiro, despite knowing it's only 30. Still runs as smooth as anything; no problems so far with parries, shinobi skills, etc.

4 minutes ago, Let us measure said:

I was really worried after early reports that this would run like shit on a base OG PS4, but so far I've been so impressed with the performance. I completed Nioh on its performance mode, so was treated to a smooth 60fps throughout, but I'm honestly not noticing any debilitating difference in Sekiro, despite knowing it's only 30. Still runs as smooth as anything; no problems so far with parries, shinobi skills, etc.

Oh totally, and it only takes a few minutes to adjust to 30 from 60 anyway. It’s really just that I left the game three days ago with like three bosses down three paths and just wasn’t ready for it, so figured I’d restart. 

I've been playing this throughout the week and have racked up ovfer 30 hours. But I'm starting to get a bit sick of the bosses. The rest of the game is comparatively so easy to get through and bosses so complex and difficult that the balance between them timewise is completely off. At the extreme, I might spend 10 minutes searching and killing everything in a new area then up to 2 hours learning how to beat a boss.

After a dozen or so attempts I usually scrape through the first phase and I'm happy with that. I don't really want to do it over and over until I can do it almost perfectly, so I can learn the last phase. If the multi-phase thing happened occasionally it would be fine. But every single time? For a game with such exciting combat that's kind of boring.

I always like to figure things out for myself in games like this, but in this case I may have to start looking at some vids on how to beat each boss just to save some time and sanity.

I do think having a system to explicitly show you how many health bars/forms an enemy has, and then almost immediately ignoring that system for the bosses is quite irritating. As much as I’m enjoying it I do think it’s less mechanically cohesive than their other games, there are so many different systems in play that they don’t always slot together so neatly.