Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Uzi

As per usual, i take pride in figuring out my own (uninformed) cheese method for the two bosses i beat tonight. And yes, you clearly have to be good at the game to get away with it, but i love abusing the mechanics presented to you.

See how far it will bend.

Headless dead as well as LAC. The former was easy after a few deaths

due to inventory fiddling (put a certain item too far from the healing gourd, so was a right faff mid fight

:facepalm:)

. With that remedied, he went down like the sack of shit he is. The latter wasnt too bad once I worked out the room layout - camera did try its usual "I will do my hardest to get you killed" routine, but it didnt work this time fucker!

I have two paths open to me now - to do a leap of faith or go gunslinger hunting.

8 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

*Runs into thread with eyes closed shouting "LALALALA"*

Is this actually good, then? As good as From's previous output? I've still not read any reviews, only scores.

*Runs out*

Yeah. It's fantastic. 

Within an hour or so of finishing the bull I've found maybe 5 new travel points and 3 or 4 new generals. Feeling completely overwhelmed with all these directions now! 

Perhaps time to take a step back and go get LB and then slowly take down these generals before exploring. Pegged it through the abondoned dungeons. Hated that place. Senpou also unlocked.

I absolutely love this game. GOTY.

Any hints on which direction to head or am I going about it right?

46 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Did you parry all his attacks? 

Pretty much - just mash L1 to parry and Circle (thrust stomp move) when the Kanji symbol appears. If your parry meter is getting too full, back off and hold L1 for it to cool down. Then when his parry meter is full hit R1 and 'sayonara' AW.

28 minutes ago, AI1 said:

Pretty much - just mash L1 to parry and Circle (thrust stomp move) when the Kanji symbol appears. If your parry meter is getting too full, back off and hold L1 for it to cool down. Then when his parry meter is full hit R1 and 'sayonara' AW.

I can never get this tactic to work on any boss. If I mash LB my parry meter fills up way quicker than theirs and I have to back off to get it down, while theirs does the same. Basically resetting the fight.

Is it only really this specific boss it works on?

32 minutes ago, AI1 said:

In theory, 4 nights I spent on that boss!!!

Nice to have the game open up now as I really enjoy the exploration. 

1 hour ago, skittles said:

Within an hour or so of finishing the bull I've found maybe 5 new travel points and 3 or 4 new generals. Feeling completely overwhelmed with all these directions now! 

Perhaps time to take a step back and go get LB and then slowly take down these generals before exploring. Pegged it through the abondoned dungeons. Hated that place. Senpou also unlocked.

I absolutely love this game. GOTY.

Any hints on which direction to head or am I going about it right?

LB is probably worth it at this stage to get the memory.

I spent a long time exploring various routes at this stage, and it's probably worth it to find some more prosthetics and even the odd prayer bead hidden away (and to avoid doing another major boss for a while).

But in the end you'll need to go a certain direction to advance the main plot:

Spoiler

onto the castle roofs and follow the smoke trails.

2 hours ago, AI1 said:

You can't only mash; you have to also get lucky and land some deflections during the longer strings. 

Worth popping the sugars that buff your posture vs heavy hitters too :)

After putting him off for aaaages, I took out GI in the castle last night. What an awesome fight - took about 30 attempts and the last stage was sloppy but I did it! I'd been trying to play the game 'properly' before this but still reverting to souls-style dodging for some of the tougher enemies. For me the real Sekiro started here - I feel much more confident going forward.

Spoiler

This game is something special.

I'm gonna trade this. Two nights and one morning of zero fun and immense frustration. With no other way of continuing the game as GA is a major boss. 

And after looking him up...

Spoiler

His second form comes again later in the game, with a friend.

FUCK. THAT. 

That's it for me. 

Wow, the game really opens up after LB and BB. So many things to do all of a sudden:

Spoiler

purple ninja, big spear dude on top of the temple stairs, following the smoke signals on the rooftops, finding a dungeon and using an elevator to end up in a beautiful forest environment, and I also have The Headless to check off.

What a game.

2 hours ago, JPL said:

I can never get this tactic to work on any boss. If I mash LB my parry meter fills up way quicker than theirs and I have to back off to get it down, while theirs does the same. Basically resetting the fight.

Is it only really this specific boss it works on?

Some bosses work better by attacking but some, the in your face furious ones for example, can be destroyed with deflects. I've found it good to try and mix in a few dodges or even jumps attacks if your posture gets a bit high. Some are clearly designed only to really go down with deflects.

Spoiler

The centipede ones for example, piece of piss once you get the pattern down.

Also I guess you probably know, but holding block reduces your posture bar way faster than how it does naturally.

19 minutes ago, Thor said:

I'm gonna trade this. Two nights and one morning of zero fun and immense frustration. With no other way of continuing the game as GA is a major boss. 

And after looking him up...

Reveal hidden contents

His second form comes again later in the game, with a friend.

FUCK. THAT. 

That's it for me. 

:rolleyes: