IGNORED

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection - May 2018

joffocakes

For which platform will you buy this collection?  

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Smoothy said:

The button select/assigning buttons option screen is poor though.  It's not immediately apparent that you need to tap a button to put it in the "press a button for this action" state, and I'm not sure why it's given the option for assigning specific buttons/directions to directions - I'm virtually sure this sort of screen in any home versions on any console in the past (and current) doesn't use this sort of arrangement.

Direction assigning is weird (maybe it's for people who use hitboxes?), but I'd rather spend two seconds rolling my fingers across punches and kicks to assign buttons, than scroll through a list of commands. :) 

Lobbies are weird though. I use toggles to filter for lobbies containing 3rd Strike, expecting to see lobbies that are purely for 3S action. Instead, it's 3S lobbies, 3S & ST lobbies, lobbies for all four, and other various combinations of games that happen to include 3S. Not what I expected. :D 

Just now, Qazimod said:

Direction assigning is weird (maybe it's for people who use hitboxes?), but I'd rather spend two seconds rolling my fingers across punches and kicks to assign buttons, than scroll through a list of commands. :) 

Yeah that's OK but just to get the box into that state (where you just press the required button for each action) required a button press, then you had to press a button to back out again before you quit the screen.  Because of this non-intuitive interface I managed to set the Start button as R2.

The Super NES button assignment screen did it best of all IMO.

43 minutes ago, Zero9X said:

Is it just me with rose tinted spectacles or is the emulation really good in this? Looks nice and vivid. I play it full screen not wide. Without scans or filters.

5_AD2_F4_DB_067_A_4348_8_BA2_B6500_B1_C7

Yeah, it looks gorgeous. I was raving about The Last Blade and Garou a bit few months back but I think Third Strike looks absolutely sensational. I wish I'd played it years ago! 

On 27/05/2018 at 09:12, Down by Law said:

2nd Impact has the widescreen option included ^_^ (not my pic) 

qa6acwv.jpg

What format is that version?

I tried the Switch one in handheld and it looked like wide-screen just stretched rather than expanding the image. 

1 hour ago, joffocakes said:

Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact. It has native widescreen support in the options (and prettier stages than 3rd Strike too).

Cool, found it. 

Didn't notice that each game had an options menu by pressing a button before starting it.

Cheers!! :D

21 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

I know the Switch version is the most expensive, doesn't come with Ultra Street Fighter IV and will very likely have the laggiest online experience but...

I can't practice parries during my lunch break on PS4.

What are you using for controls cos I'm finding it even harder on the Pro Controller than the DS 4.

17 minutes ago, Down by Law said:

Amazon weren't offering it as a bonus. Shopto and Base were. Might still be time to order, then send a sealed one back to Amazon. 

Dammit.  

You know what, bugger it, I have it on PS3 anyway :p

1 hour ago, bplus said:

If I want to use a PS1 or PS2 pad on the PS4 is a brook convertor my only real option? Anyone tried this? 

Anyone got any experience of any of these Brook converters at all?  Looking like my best option is a 360->PS4 adaptor as I have several 360 sticks including some on the compatibility list.  Reviews look good on Amazon.

Went and bought the Hori ‘Hayabusa’ stick for the Switch. It’s fantastic! Feels so good to play with absolute precision on the inputs - although it does mean I can’t blame the Pokken USB pad I was using previously for when I’m playing badly.

I’m trying to branch out into non-shoto characters on 3S. Hugo and Dudley are a lot of fun to play as, and the full rotation special moves with Hugo are great fun on the stick. Loving this game!