Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection - May 2018

For which platform will you buy this collection?  

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, TheShend said:

Partly what I knew about already and then tip offs from other people. So thanks for the tip! Added.

It's an awesome resource, so thanks a lot for putting it together! 30th Anniversary Collection isn't out here until October!

7 minutes ago, gravity0 said:

It's an awesome resource, so thanks a lot for putting it together! 30th Anniversary Collection isn't out here until October!

Cheers boss.

Out of interest, is there a 3S scene at Game Plaza Omori? Any particular days best for comp for example?

You chaps are getting limited editions for 30AC right? Tarot cards for example! Wild.

18 hours ago, TheShend said:

Cheers boss.

Out of interest, is there a 3S scene at Game Plaza Omori? Any particular days best for comp for example?

You chaps are getting limited editions for 30AC right? Tarot cards for example! Wild.

Not sure, mate. I've only been a couple of times and it seemed like a pretty sleepy retro arcade to me. A few lonely old salarymen playing Tetris and Galaga. I might pop in this weekend and ask.

Yeah, we're getting a 96-page 'All About Street Fighter' book with the boxed edition, plus shop-exclusive stuff: http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf30ac/

1 hour ago, Lyrical Donut said:

See this right here, lads? This is why Blanka is the absolute worst.

Blanka is the acebest :wub: That dude was coincidentally using the same playing style as I do! Great stuff, pure Street Fighter. The best game.

Blanka_unleashed6.thumb.jpg.4bdc9a395cccbdd7970c208450d099b9.jpg

On 31/07/2018 at 22:35, Singho said:

Easy guys!

A SSFIIX "Tournament of Legends 3" Qualifier was held at Versus Fighting 2018 at Millenium Point, Birmingham last week. I was lucky enough to help run and commentate da ting.

http://www.strevival.com/tol3

48 players including Legends. OGs. Wastemen. 

Winner of the qualifiers get to fight it out at Canada Cup in Toronto in October 2018.

Players included Ryan Hart, Justin Wong, Orf (Multi time UK champ), Golcar Jack, Fuzzy and others.  

Was a mad tournament, every bracket had it's fair share of killer ST players.  It also had it's fair share of nonsense! 

Full playlist available here: https://t.co/WgpojASHy6 - Fully Time Stamped in the description and first comment if you are looking for a particular match.  Includes walkthrough video, interviews\commentary with Ryan Hart talking about the good olde days and Justin Wong talking about the ST\MvC Scene as well as some quick clips.

Top 12 is an absolute must watch.

Full Bracket Here: https://bit.ly/2OaqixS

If you are interested in the SSFIIX Turbo Offline Scene, you can checkout Grand Master Challenge on FB\Twitter\Youtube.

They are always running a tournament at most of the major UK tournaments on CPS2 arcade hardware.  Bring your own pad\stick and you are on your way.

http://www.grandmasterchallenge.com/

There was also another qualifier held at NLBC's "2 Old 2 Furious" on the weekend, match videos can be found on Team Sp00ky's channel on twitch.  They also ran SFEX2 and CvS2 for those interested.

Man, I know I should probably be watching EVO but I've been working my way through the Top 12 all evening and absolutely buzzing off this and howling at some of the chat, superb commentary and love the reminiscing. Some AMAZING play here, too. The GolcarJack vs J Wong match is one of the best I've seen in a long time. So intense. Thanks so much for posting this and keep up the great work. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think most folk consider the PSP version Zero 3 Double Upper/Alpha 3 Max to be the best version in terms of content since it had the characters added in the console versions plus three more from the GBA version and then Ingrid on top of that.

It's hindered a little by the fact it's an inconvenient platform for multiplayer and the poor dpad so it would have been nice to play it properly on a home console, especially if they removed Ingrid.

I loved the Dreamcast version, it looked :wub: and I had three Sega arcade sticks so no controller issues. Apparently the Saturn version has some extra content iirc, but I never owned that version. Dreamcast tho- man, with a couple of arcade sticks it was fighting game heaven. For a long time it was 3rd Strike, Capcom vs SNK2, and Zero 3 all day every day and fuck college :D Sometimes a few bouts of SoulCalibur or another one of those many many quality fighting games on rhat wonderful platform, but the aforementioned holy Capcom trinity was where it was at for me and my friends. Goddamn, those were the times :wub:

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, joffocakes said:

The Switch patch will finally arrive on 30th October alongside some other fixes for all versions. Nothing substantial other than fixing the audio in 3rd Strike.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumslinger/blog/2018/10/19/update-for-street-fighter-30th-anniversary-collection-on-october-23

Fucking hell the work experience kid has returned from backpacking then?

• 1 month later...

Decided to get all the trophies in this and finally completed that task tonight. You have to complete Arcade Mode in each game. I left Super Turbo til last because of its notorious difficulty but I actually found the Alpha games far more of a challenge. Partly due to the unfamiliarity (and stubbornly sticking to Dan) but also the Ryu AI was brutal and Final Bison in Alpha 3 is The Worst.

The Blue Belt trophy was the last unlocked. You need to get to Blue Belt rank in online Ranked Matches but if you're playing at the wrong time of the day they're either few and far between, wildly laggy bouts versus Brazil/Japan or utter beasts swallowing weak players up.

I thought it'd be a trophy requiring a dozen or so wins but it ended up being closer to 230. Ouch. Anyway! It is done. And 3rd Strike is an amazing game. 

Had fun practicing Necro combos on Switch during my lunch breaks too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...