IGNORED

Dark Souls Remastered

Cyhwuhx

On which platform will you remaster death?  

338 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

38 minutes ago, scottcr said:

fuckingaisdngadkfgkandfginadfg blightown...

found the whip - so that deals with the annoying fly things REALLY well... but I've no purple moss and no easy way to go and get some.  Made it all the way through the poisonous swamp.  It seems as though it's worth putting stats into resistance and, when poisoned, just rolling with it.  

I got to some big wheel thing with a moving platform and fucked it at the top really badly - but please please tell me there's a campfire near here.... please

Protip: don't worry about purple moss, the poison in blighttown is so slow-acting it's barely worth bothering about. Once you've found the bonfire down there, that is.

Also, never level up resistance; it's a complete waste of souls.

Seems the flame save symbol glitch I mentioned started happening only a couple of days ago. Reddit thread confirming the glitch. Apparently changing your time zone to Tokyo stops it from happening. Fuck knows how something like that can happen when the game hasn't changed in any way - no recent patches or downloads. Speculation is that the clocks going back might have fucked something up. :blink: Weird that no one on here is getting it.

3 hours ago, Ste Pickford said:

If you're still at the higher up Blighttown bonfire, it might be a good move to backtrack to Firelink shrine, and go back to undead asylum for a very useful item that you'll be glad of at the bottom of Blighttown.

I made it to the campfire! Now scaling loads of ladders and found the key... just cleared out a bit full of Toxic blowgun bastards. Thank FUCK they don’t regenerate. Reckon there’s good loot that way. Also found some sweet red robe things.

3 hours ago, ann coulter said:

Seems the flame save symbol glitch I mentioned started happening only a couple of days ago. Reddit thread confirming the glitch. Apparently changing your time zone to Tokyo stops it from happening. Fuck knows how something like that can happen when the game hasn't changed in any way - no recent patches or downloads. Speculation is that the clocks going back might have fucked something up. :blink: Weird that no one on here is getting it.

Been getting it too since yesterday I think, so probably the clocks.

12 minutes ago, Profgoten said:

So I have to ask the stupid question, Darksouls on the switch..... Yes or No? 

I waited and waited, worried that I would find it too hard, obtuse or just dated. It is a wonderful thing and strangely suits the handheld platform perfectly. Nice to dip in for ten minutes (to farm some souls or beat a boss) or for hours of RPG heaven.

45 minutes ago, Profgoten said:

So I have to ask the stupid question, Darksouls on the switch..... Yes or No? 

Will you be playing it mostly on the TV? If so, the answer is get the PS4 version. If playing it on the go is important, get the switch version.

Jeez, tonight I took on Gaping Dragon. Tried to cheese it with my bow on a couple of ocassions and got it down to a sliver of health before dying. Devastated. Ran out of arrows too. In a fit of rage ran from the respawn bonfire to twat it with my halberd. It was way easier that way. Boss killed.

25,000 souls in the bag, only to loose them all somewhere in blighttown. Agh!

Queelaag proving harder.

15 hours ago, kempstar said:

Will you be playing it mostly on the TV? If so, the answer is get the PS4 version. If playing it on the go is important, get the switch version.

Don't you mean "Will you be playing it 100% on the TV at home?". There is no 'mostly' option about the other versions, they are tied to the TV (well, I guess there is remote play but...).

Lots of people also seem to look at the 'portable' bit as being handheld and nothing else - it's not just that. It's portable console play - I pretty rarely play in handheld mode (flights basically), but I often take the Switch with me when I travel and plug it into my hotel TV.

15 hours ago, kempstar said:

I have the PS4 version I spend most of my time working and commuting to work  so I would be playing handheld mostly.

20 minutes ago, Profgoten said:

I have the PS4 version I spend most of my time working and commuting to work  so I would be playing handheld mostly.

I say go for it then. I have both versions too. I was planning on waiting and just getting the Switch version, but I rage bought the PS4 version when the Switch version was originally delayed.

I beat the Gargoyle twins I hear so much about. Took me four attempts but I was high level and probably found them out of sequence as I ended up in Blighttown and Quelaag's lair first.

So I just entered Sen's Fortress. Is it me or is this awful game design? Swinging blades and narrow ledges? Reminds me of a bad PC game circa 1992.

Hope this part gets better as it's the only bit of the game I've disliked so far.

I’ve poured so many hours into this game over the years but for some reason never ventured into the skeleton area. Always did the graveyard then ran back...

It’s quite different isn’t it ! lots of parrying involved....

So I think this and new londo are the main early ish areas I have never really beaten. 

And er sif. And past anor londo.

still lots to do eh :(