IGNORED

Dark Souls Remastered

Cyhwuhx

On which platform will you remaster death?  

338 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, merrychan said:

What's that then? I found a Miracle in the Painted World...is it covenant related?

nooo the crows drop an item that you take to the Gwyndolins fog door 10 of them for the miracle, they are just a bitch to farm. made worse because I suck at PVP lol

27 minutes ago, Profgoten said:

nooo the crows drop an item that you take to the Gwyndolins fog door 10 of them for the miracle, they are just a bitch to farm. made worse because I suck at PVP lol

Ah poor Gwyndolin, we've met....at least I have the Sunlight Blade miracle for the memories :)

2 hours ago, Profgoten said:

Yeah that's how I got it lol. Farmed the ones inside the tower near the dragon. Gold Serpent Ring, 10 humanity and Symbol of Avarice. I was on NG+ and already had a few so didn't take too long. Drop rate was favourable :) 

6 hours ago, Hawklord said:

Yeah that's how I got it lol. Farmed the ones inside the tower near the dragon. Gold Serpent Ring, 10 humanity and Symbol of Avarice. I was on NG+ and already had a few so didn't take too long. Drop rate was favourable :) 

Just FYI symbol of avarice and gold serpent ring don’t stack 

On 01/12/2018 at 00:37, Hawklord said:

HA! I always forgot about certain items..... DS I normally have a havel ring and the sliver serp ring lol hopefully this might speed things up a bit then.

Thanks ^_^

I’m at a stage now where every route available to me has some kind of massive ‘fuck THAT’ in the way. Time to git gud I s’pose. I killed the dragon slayer bloke quite easily but smough with his hammer absolutely flattens me. I’ve managed to get some humanity so I’ll try and summon... 

New Londo is pretty easy now that I’m level 69 with my raw halberd... but I’m too scared to go to the four kings. And Sif. And the hyrda.

21 minutes ago, scottcr said:

but I’m too scared to go to the four kings. And Sif. And the hyrda.

Sif and the Hydra are easy - I've flattened both of those already and I'm a bit of an idoit noob at all this. Reaching the Hydra (and then not falling into the deep water because I wasn't paying attention) was more troublesome than killing the thing.

Four Kings are in that bit with the ghosts right? I ventured in there until I met some black knight-type fellas (3-4 in the same room lol), then turned around and haven't been back since.

Confession: I've never finished a Souls game :blush: I like them but I always end up getting frustrated and moving on to something else. But I couldn't resist Remastered for the Switch and I'm currently having fun playing through with a Cleric Knight.

I'm also kind of stuck now. The Hydra was easy but Sif battered me. Been haning out in the Catacombs but think I'll go back and give Sif another go as I'm fed up getting done over by the Titanite Demon and I'm too scared to head into the Tomb of the Giants. Sure it's been said a million times before but the toughest enemies for me are the environment + camera.

1 hour ago, scottcr said:

I’m at a stage now where every route available to me has some kind of massive ‘fuck THAT’ in the way. Time to git gud I s’pose. I killed the dragon slayer bloke quite easily but smough with his hammer absolutely flattens me. I’ve managed to get some humanity so I’ll try and summon... 

If you can kill Ornstein you've done the hard part. There's a cheap but reliable way of dealing with Smough after that:

Spoiler

Keep a pillar between you and him at all times. Bait him into an attack, back off, run in and hit him once (2-handed), get back behind the pillar again, repeat.

It's worth doing this next, in terms of opening up new options.

37 minutes ago, jiroczech said:

Confession: I've never finished a Souls game :blush: I like them but I always end up getting frustrated and moving on to something else. But I couldn't resist Remastered for the Switch and I'm currently having fun playing through with a Cleric Knight. I'm also kind of stuck now. The Hydra was easy but Sif battered me.

Assuming you have lightning spear or the upgraded version, Sif is pretty easy. Just block and backtrack and once he's done his double spinning attack, fry him. Repeat. You just have to remember to roll back when he does his jumping attack.

2 minutes ago, scottcr said:

I met a guy on the roof who was wearing the same armour as me and he told me all about them...

... and I’ve got Dark Souls the board game ;)

Ahh I forgot. I thought they weren't accessible until [Redacted] but you can get there now. 

Pretty long trek from Anor Londo though. You should focus on Skinny and Fatty. 

8 minutes ago, jonamok said:

That depends a bit if you're just thumping shit (like a peasant), or firing magic, miracles and flames at it (like a gentleman).

I'm finding it works either way - with most of the big boys they just have more going for them at a distance - Stray Demon as an example can own you double-quick if you're anything but up his butt.

I have a gentlemanly side (my pyromancer hand is at +15 obv), but sometimes just thumping shit gets the job done. Bish. Bash. Bosh. Victory Achieved.

Made the mistake of delving too deep into the Catacombs and now trying to get back out. Actually really enjoyed it. Pinwheel was a piece of piss though.

Ive got a little lantern shaped like a head, but it says it will light the Tomb of the Giants but I can’t get it to work. What am I doing wrong?

1 hour ago, scottcr said:

Made the mistake of delving too deep into the Catacombs and now trying to get back out. Actually really enjoyed it. Pinwheel was a piece of piss though.

Ive got a little lantern shaped like a head, but it says it will light the Tomb of the Giants but I can’t get it to work. What am I doing wrong?

Use it like a shield. Also means no shield while using

Put your chalky boi down outside a boss fog gate. Seems to work for me.

ScotRail WiFi sometimes blocks a lot of ports so that may be part of it. Usually Class 380 coaches give me a warning in Warframe about blocked ports so try to get a different service.

It also depends on being around the right level for the stage of the game you're trying to get summoned at. If you're in Anor Londo, for example, I'd say around level 50-60 is the sweet spot. If you're much higher than that you'll probably only have success in the late game areas.

5 minutes ago, BadgerFarmer said:

It also depends on being around the right level for the stage of the game you're trying to get summoned at. If you're in Anor Londo, for example, I'd say around level 50-60 is the sweet spot. If you're much higher than that you'll probably only have success in the late game areas.

Thats probably it. I’m level 70. I thought would be fun to see how easy Capra Demon was now.