IGNORED

Dark Souls Remastered

Cyhwuhx

On which platform will you remaster death?  

338 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

I'm guessing that's bollocks. Even Game are only selling it for £34.99. It's about £30 in most places.

Bamco did state that the price would be the same on all consoles/handhelds at $39.99 (USD), no mention of sterling and other currencies but one would hope the RRP would be £34.99.

I guess GAME were chancing it when they originally listed it for £50+ (was it £54.99?), they have since been corrected.   :lol:

Ah man I'm starting to get hype about making my Dark souls beginners guide series.. I just stayed up way too late making a custom title screen for the PC version of Dark 1...

Then even longer trying to figure out why the music wasn't being captured by OBS! Grr. I cut the trailer music in pretty well, I thought! 

Anyway. Choo Choo mother fuckers, I'm totes on board the hype train! 

21 hours ago, Stanley said:

How much is that expected to cost? 

$$$$ a lot, but it's a niche low production run product for people who value portability and want access to their existing PC/emulation library which is why I said if you have the money. It's as good as the you can do currently from the available technology, optimisation is on a DIY basis. I personally couldn't justify it as I've never found using portable gaming devices outside of the house to be that enjoyable.

Plenty of videos on YouTube from the few people who have early samples and there is a thread on NeoGAF Resetera where the person who posted that particular video is active.

52 minutes ago, mushashi said:

$$$$ a lot, but it's a niche low production run product for people who value portability and want access to their existing PC/emulation library which is why I said if you have the money. It's as good as the you can do currently from the available technology, optimisation is on a DIY basis. I personally couldn't justify it as I've never found using portable gaming devices outside of the house to be that enjoyable.

Plenty of videos on YouTube from the few people who have early samples and there is a thread on NeoGAF Resetera where the person who posted that particular video is active.

It looks really good, if you could buy one for around £400 I'd be in.

Thought for the day...

I wonder whether the achievements will be changed to include the Artorias of the abyss expansion, such as the unique weapons & magic achievements.   I never managed to get that tail off Kalameet or kill that damn pygmy.

They changed Scholar of the first sin to include the expansions so I guess the answer is yes, gonna make that shiny platinum a bit more tricky than the base game.   

True to my word, I've tried out that mod, I'm going ot hijack this thread for a while, sorry!  Shameless self-promotion ahead!

TL;DW, not too much happens, but it is interesting and fun to see changes.  I definitely got caught out by the enemy layouts being slightly different on more than one occasion!

22 hours ago, Andy XC said:

Thought for the day...

I wonder whether the achievements will be changed to include the Artorias of the abyss expansion, such as the unique weapons & magic achievements.   I never managed to get that tail off Kalameet or kill that damn pygmy.

They changed Scholar of the first sin to include the expansions so I guess the answer is yes, gonna make that shiny platinum a bit more tricky than the base game.   

What's this pygmy then? I killed the dragon the first time I met it (which is apparently impossible according to the walkthroughs I looked at after the fact) and as a result I had no opportunity to get the tail. I thought that was the only thing I missed from the DLC, but I never heard anything about a pygmy?

59 minutes ago, Darwock said:

What's this pygmy then? I killed the dragon the first time I met it (which is apparently impossible according to the walkthroughs I looked at after the fact) and as a result I had no opportunity to get the tail. I thought that was the only thing I missed from the DLC, but I never heard anything about a pygmy?

Manus is believed by some to be the Furtive Pygmy. 

Manus was created when the people of Oolacile disturbed the grave of primeval man. As the Pygmy found the Dark Soul that was then split into the humanities that we see in the game, it’s most likely that he was the primeval man referred to and that Manus is a corrupted version of him, coated in humanity/Dark Soul.

On 19/02/2018 at 16:52, K said:

Guys, I'm in the market for a new handheld, is there anything out there that's much more expensive than a switch but also looks like complete shit?

:lol:

It’s not only that though, he’s running the game at 540p, so even as a ludicrously pendantic suggestion it’s hardly offering ‘the same level of performance or better’.

48 minutes ago, Darwock said:

Right, on account of his enormous size presumably?

29 minutes ago, Broker said:

Manus was created when the people of Oolacile disturbed the grave of primeval man. As the Pygmy found the Dark Soul that was then split into the humanities that we see in the game, it’s most likely that he was the primeval man referred to and that Manus is a corrupted version of him, coated in humanity/Dark Soul.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=who+is+manus+

Lots of people made great videos exploring this idea!

On 2/20/2018 at 15:50, Stanley said:

It looks really good, if you could buy one for around £400 I'd be in.

I think they're about £450, so not that much more, but I'd still be wary. I bought one of the original models, thinking I'd use it to play all those indie games filling my steam library that I never find time to play at my desktop, but in practice it was useless. Buttons were stiff and would constantly get stuck, while the analog sticks were really loose. And it would get so hot, even with the fans on full, that I couldn't use it for more than an hour without feeling I needed to run my hands under a cold tap.

There are a lot of evangelists for the device on GAF/ResetEra, but I get the feeling they're indiegogo backers who haven't yet received the thing.

This mod is great.   Do people mind if I post it in here?  Not sure if the original Dark Souls thread is more appropriate... Anyway, for now, Undead Burg.  Man this was fun!!

6 hours ago, robdood said:

This mod is great.   Do people mind if I post it in here?  Not sure if the original Dark Souls thread is more appropriate... Anyway, for now, Undead Burg.  Man this was fun!!

:-o I need to learn how to add mods I want in on this!!!

10 minutes ago, Profgoten said:

:-o I need to learn how to add mods I want in on this!!!

Its super easy, there are links in the description of my video for the nexus pages. It's all pretty straightforward :)

I spotted LobosJr on my youtube feed playing PTDA with the Unkindled mod, which also looks great (new starting classes, items reblanaced, etc etc!), I'm almost tempted to start again AGAIN! :D 

I didn't realise modding was so advanced in Dark Souls!

Ha, so I've been tinkering with mods some more, I'm going to restart the playthrough, I'm running Prepare to Die again (items and emeny locations remixed), Rekindled (new starting classes, items rebalanced and some new content), and am opting to go perma-gravelorded.. 

:D