Dark Souls Remastered

On which platform will you remaster death?  

329 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Aaand SL1 all done!

What no-one tells you about the Kalameet one-shot cheese method is that it's actually harder than doing pretty much any other Souls boss legit on a bog-standard run unless you happen to get really lucky. The amount of times I set fire tempest off right underneath him and he didn't really move but still only took two of the three hits. Christ.

Gwyn was a total cakewalk in comparison with the DLC, even without parrying which generally seems to be the recommended option. The reinforced clubs were a bit slow in that fight but great combustion just chewed through him.

A mate's just started playing this on PS4. I'm probably just going to buy it on that and start again. Please help me stop.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m having another go at this - wasn’t getting much chance to play on the Xbox so bought it on the Switch and have already made more progress (but still v early on - not far past defeating the boar thing). 

I’m confused about weapons though. 

I have a halberd but when I try to equip it it says “unable to wield this weapon effectively with present stats”, but I can’t work out which numbers I should be looking at to see where I’m deficient. 

Same with the bow. 

Any tips?

3 hours ago, Bushtopher said:

I’m having another go at this - wasn’t getting much chance to play on the Xbox so bought it on the Switch and have already made more progress (but still v early on - not far past defeating the boar thing). 

I have a halberd but when I try to equip it it says “unable to wield this weapon effectively with present stats”, but I can’t work out which numbers I should be looking at to see where I’m deficient. 

Same with the bow. 

Any tips?

Each weapon has a minimum requirement

e.g. on the Halberd you need a minimum of 16 strength and 12 Dex

image.png.10eebff1e6d3850a71d20abc8e035c79.png

If your stats are less than this, you'll get that message. IIRC if you two-hand it, the strength requirement halves

Have a browse through here (careful of spoilers though). Lot's of great info

https://darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/General+Information

Edit: When scrolling through to equip a weapon press the X or Square button on the joypad (not sure which button on the Switch) to show the equipment stats

ATK shows what damage the weapon will do with your current stats

ParamBonus shows how this will scale with your stat. "-" means no scaling. E is weakest, A strongest, but S = best

AuxEffects show any bonus it will do eg bleed

ReqParam show the minimum stats

20200411133004_1.thumb.jpg.7a00243fe15f1137715aaafb5ddff391.jpg

Damn son. I'm still beavering away at this myself. Just done the Duke's Archives. 

I got to the balcony bonfire and used a couple humanities to reverse hollow and then kindle that MFer. I looked down and saw a summon sign. I thought fuck it man, let's get someone in here for some co op fun. May as well. 

Basically this absolute legend named Dhampir showed me how to open up the hidden entrance in the wall and led me outside into the crystal cave through about twenty of those crystal giants... across invisible fucking bridges :wacko: ... through giant demonic clams... into seaths lair... where he destroyed the crystal... and started attacking Seath... we got Seath down to like 1% health... and I died from a curse blast. Then I spent about 4 hours farming crystal hollows trying to get humanity to summon a helper to beat Seath, failing spectacularly to find a summon sign every time until I finally manned up and fully committed to taking on Seath solo. I died probably 10 to 15 times before killing him.

This game. 

Bloody Capra demon. I know this is a big stumbling block for many, but however many YouTube videos I’ve watched now of people beating him I just can’t get up the damn stairs without being taken down! 

I’ve seen that there’s a way to cheese the fight withy firebombs but don’t really want to go down that route. 

Any other tips?

Isn't there a way to poison him by throwing dung before you enter. Get his health well down then finish him off. Although that is cheesing really too.

Otherwise you can always just mine souls and boost stats.

42 minutes ago, Bushtopher said:

Bloody Capra demon. I know this is a big stumbling block for many, but however many YouTube videos I’ve watched now of people beating him I just can’t get up the damn stairs without being taken down! 

I’ve seen that there’s a way to cheese the fight withy firebombs but don’t really want to go down that route. 

Any other tips?

Kill those fucking dogs and the room suddenly becomes a LOT bigger. I then use the stairs and drop to give myself time and space to heal, if required (note: it was, is and always will be).

1 hour ago, Bushtopher said:

Any other tips?

Take all your clothes off.

(and in the etc etc)

On 11/04/2020 at 10:58, Bushtopher said:

Same with the bow. 

Any tips?

*Cough*

Edit - aaah nuts beaten. 

1 hour ago, Bushtopher said:

Any other tips?

37 minutes ago, DC said:

Kill those fucking dogs and the room suddenly becomes a LOT bigger. I then use the stairs and drop to give myself time and space to heal, if required (note: it was, is and always will be).

10 minutes ago, friedgold said:

Take all your clothes off.

(and in the etc etc)

Don't take all your clothes off!  If getting to the stairs is your goal, you need poise to stop flinching as you make your way there. Wear some decent/heavyish armour.  Use the wolf ring if you've found it (you probably haven't).  Don't block the dog attacks.  Suit up and just walk through them.  Save your roll for avoiding capra's huge attacks.  If you get stunlocked you're fucked.  

Do you have firebombs?  throwing one at the dogs straight away can do wonders. Or, just free aiming one at the floor in front of you, should instakill the doggies. 

EDIT: you don't NEED to use the stairs at all.  Two hand your weapon so you can oneshot the dogs.  you can do it!

I DID IT!!!!

Man, that felt good :)

Thanks for the tips. Typically I did it on my next go after posting here. 

Kids watched me do it and are now playing at being daddy and the Capra Demon, which is kinda cute :)

2 minutes ago, Bushtopher said:

I DID IT!!!!

Another good reason for the soapstone! 

Put one of these down when you beat a boss, the upvotes feelgoodman :D 

@David Heath Welcome to the SunBros :hat: 

There are a couple of advantages when joining a covenant, mostly it's for online play. Summoned players will be from the same Covenant and with Warriors of Sunlight they will glow gold. You can also get a couple of good miracles from being a member of WoS. It's the most popular Covenant to join, so don't worry about it

Soul Items give a fixed amount of souls when you "use" them.

Humanity determines whether you are Hollow or Human. Consuming one Humanity will allow you to become Human at a bonfire but you will return to being Hollow when you die. You'll see a number in the top left, this is how many Humanity you have consumed. This is "soft" Humanity. Some weapons (Chaos based) scale with this number, however when you die, you will lose this in the same way as you lose your souls. Hard Humanity are the Humanity items in you inventory.

While Human, you can invade other players or be invaded and you can also Kindle bonfires. This increases the number of Estus you hold, up to 10 initially. You can go higher but that's later in the game.

This is a great site for info but be careful of spoilers

https://darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/

And ask away in here, someone will always have an answer for you

You also have to be human to summon other players and NPC’s for assistance. Running around hollow is a good way to miss out on plenty of what makes the game so much fun, so reverse hollowing whenever you can afford the humanity. Although maybe not as soon as you enter a new area, because you’re likely to get twatted into oblivion within minutes and the humanity will have been wasted. Save it for when you know you might need it. Before a tough boss that’s been slapping you silly, so that you can summon help. While simultaneously hoping you don’t get invaded before reaching the summon sign :) 

Yay! I love new player stories! @David Heath it sounds like you're doing great! Slow and deliberate is my favourite way to play! You'll do just fine, man!

Also, watch my guide on YouTube for answers to some of your questions! It's super-duper spoiler free, promise! :wub:

(6 more subs and I can monetise, :omg:

16 minutes ago, robdood said:

Yay! I love new player stories! @David Heath it sounds like you're doing great! Slow and deliberate is my favourite way to play! You'll do just fine, man!

Also, watch my guide on YouTube for answers to some of your questions! It's super-duper spoiler free, promise! :wub:

I've actually been watching some of your beginner's guides this morning and I've just subbed.

I'll be sure to keep the forum updated on my stories as often as I can.

Tonight I will be venturing inside the big church looking place which I was too scared to go into before I found the bonfire.

25 minutes ago, robdood said:

Subbed too, 4 to go!

Thanks guys, you are all the BEST <3

When I am done with my current Demon's playthrough and come to Dark, I'm thinking of trying one of the overhaul mods - I've heard a bit about Daughters of Ash, and I fancy trying it for shits and giggles.  This video is what sold me on it, sounds like an excellent way to make it feel like the first playthrough again. 

Are you summoning people to help and play with at all? It's always so much fun to go in and help a player out, I just used to hand around areas for ages dropping my summon sign and helping people out. Man....I might go back in again tonight and see if I can once more give aid...such a game...

6 hours ago, David Heath said:

(I also love the little elevator back to the starting area. It's amazing how the locations all seem to wrap back around and link up with each other. The map design is sensational). 

oh man :wub::wub:

That is literally the second best shortcut in gaming ever.

I finally defeated the 

Spoiler

spider lady boss tonight, but then repeatedly died trying get out of Blightown making my way up that damn wooden structure. Most of my deaths were due to swinging at mosquitoes and falling off!

Really can’t wait to get back to daylight. Such a great game!

21 hours ago, kempstar said:

oh man :wub::wub:

That is literally the second best shortcut in gaming ever.

Everyone knows what the first one is. It’s in Bloodborne. Well everyone who has played Bloodborne knows I guess.