rllmuk
Cyhwuhx

Dark Souls Remastered

On which platform will you remaster death?  

329 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

do NOT go straight to DS2 after playing 1! it will feel all kinds of "off", as the movement and way things work is different.

Give it a couple months! but it does have some great DLC! better than the main game!

DS3 "feels" like the follow up to 1, and plays a lot more like it, but, better.

You know how there was that Batman game that wasn’t done by Rocksteady and it didn’t feel quite right? Like, all the ingredients were there but something was off? That’s Dark Souls 2. 

• Upvote 1

I only just recently played DS2 for the first time, like pretty much a full year after my original DS1 (Remastered) play through. It wasn’t anywhere near as off or as bad or as whatever as I’d been lead to believe. Maybe it helped going in with expectations lowered. ‘Twas the Scholar of the First Sin edition, FWIW. I still have 2 of the 3 DLC’s to play, thought I’d give it a rest because I was starting to feel burned out after the base game + DLC1. (I never felt burnt out on DS1 and immediately got stuck right into another playthrough of that as soon as it was done, which maybe says something about the difference in quality between 1&2.)

• Upvote 3

Dark Souls 3 is ace (without the DLC). That is all.

9 hours ago, robdood said:

Sorry (not sorry) but I'm pimping the heck out of this playthrough, it's so good! :D

You do realise that when you read the description for the travellers gloves it said something like “too light to pull rusty levers”? Just it was on the screen, but you never acknowledged it (although I’ve still got 7 minutes left). I think you just need heavier gloves based on that.

Also based on that, I get the feeling if there are any other incongruous items lying around, especially near some confusing new mechanic, you’re meant to read them as a clue.

4 minutes ago, therearerules said:

You do realise that when you read the description for the travellers gloves it said something like “too light to pull rusty levers”? Just it was on the screen, but you never acknowledged it (although I’ve still got 7 minutes left). I think you just need heavier gloves based on that.

Also based on that, I get the feeling if there are any other incongruous items lying around, especially near some confusing new mechanic, you’re meant to read them as a clue.

Yeah I noticed that too watching that episode back earlier! :blush:

READ ITEM DESCRIPTIONS, DOODS

4 minutes ago, therearerules said:

hehehe ...(someone that has played through DoA a few times)

2 hours ago, Stanshall said:

Dark Souls 3 is like getting divorced and getting in touch with your ex from sixth form who absolutely broke your heart but you stalked her on FB after a few tinnies for a divorcee grief wank and you saw she also got divorced recently and you ask her out because your bloodstream is 90% Hoffmeister and you both turn up to the pub overdressed and shitting it and get wankered and then literally the only thing you have in common any more is talking about people from school who you've both lost touch with and you somehow end up back at the fuckin Ritzy for old times' sake but you both feel really really old and realise that so much time has passed that you can never rekindle the inspiration which was never even really there, rather than a simple product of circumstance, but you end up back at hers, fumbling around on the couch because of fatal momentum until you both have a lucid moment, apologise, make a cup of tea, sit in stilted silence and leave half a tepid brew.

The DLC is separately having two robust wanks. 

Are you RedEye?

The Bed of Chaos is a total twat.

I don't want hints at all on this because I want to murder him in cold blood on my own terms.

But fucking hell.

I was quite enjoying Lost Izalith, to be honest. I killed loads of those stupid fire breathing golem things in one shot, picked up some treasures, fell into a horrible pit and got killed about eight times retrieving souls, went back and got the treasure from the pit, then unlocked the shortcut by punishing another one of those one legged lightening pricks into submission. I also killed the sun man and felt horrible for him :( I don't like murdering my previous travel companions, it's sad. But then I got to Bed of Dicks and now I hate everything.

I know what it is; I underestimated it and got overconfident and then I thought I could do it even though I was tired and irritable and I didn't feel good about my attempts. I feel like a reset that put me back in my place is a good thing. So I've managed to fuck up both sides of him and unleash his full bellenderous potential but I can't figure out how to deal damage without taking instant deaths. As I said, I wasn't in the best place to try last night or thinking too clearly but fuck I HATE HIM.

I'm very much looking forward to beating this prick.

• Upvote 5

Bed of Chaos is absolutely awful, and probably the worst example of design from the entire Soulsbourne range. Have fun. :P

Thing about Bed of Chaos is that I'm not averse to the idea of a puzzle boss, i.e. one which it's not immediately obvious what you're supposed to do, but the execution here is awful. So many bullshit, unfair deaths.

You mean you didn't like the game suddenly becoming a crap platformer? Especially with its amazing and not at all stupid implementation of a jump?

Bed of Chaos is a shit, unfinished boss at the end of a shit, unfinished area. 

@David Heath look it up, there is no shame. It's one of the worst bits of any game ever. No exaggeration. 

Also: Daughters of Ash continues, into the darkroot!!

On 17/06/2020 at 19:43, Doctor Shark said:

You know how there was that Batman game that wasn’t done by Rocksteady and it didn’t feel quite right? Like, all the ingredients were there but something was off? That’s Dark Souls 2. 

DS2 has been my first experience of any Soulsborne games and I love it! I'll probably go to DS:R or DS3 after it and find them a bit off! 

Having said that my wife has leapt past me in her play through. She's properly into it. I feel like a bit of a Dark Souls widow at times!

• Upvote 1

I’ve surprised myself by keeping on playing this with a new character, despite only completing it a couple of days ago. 

Have gone for the cleric knight build I think I some on here have mentioned - the mace is kinda fun, but that lightning bolt miracle is just awesome! Gargoyles were an absolute breeze with it. 

I really want the ‘great’ version of it but not sure I’ll ever be able to get the number of sunlight medals required. The one time I’ve tried to put down a marker to help someone out, I got invaded and died :(

I also thought I’d kill off Lautrec early this time round, but in our battle ended up retreating up the stairs, accidentally hitting the downer guy who hangs out by the Firelink bonfire. This meant I had to kill him too, which I was pretty gutted about :(

Need to man up and face the Capra demon next. This will be third time I’ve taken him on and I’m still not looking forward to it. My lighting bolts won’t be any help in that small space so let’s hope the mace makes short work of him. 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Bushtopher said:

I just killed the Capra demon at my first attempt (in this run). Now I am the master! :)

Only a master of evil Darth!

• Upvote 1

Had a proper shit day with this yesterday. Kept dying over and over to the same shit. I wasn't in the right frame of mind to play, to be honest. Was rushing, getting greedy and trying to push too far too soon and then just chucking myself at it over and over trying to brute force it, to no avail! 

Hopefully in a better position to play some more today. 

• Empathy 1

I've been doing a dex run. Ended up using a washing pole. It's been fun, but now it's +15, and I've got the lord vessel and at this point it just feels like I'm going through the motions. So I might finish the run of I might sack it off.

Then I thought I've never done a SL1 run. There's my next challenge!

Forgot to post episode six.  You should watch it, I die a lot in Sens Forge. 

But now, to Blighttown.  I really like the subtle tweaks on are names and stuff in this mod. 

• Upvote 3

On 21/06/2020 at 21:56, Bushtopher said:

Evidence of my recent Dark Souls obsession... this is from the Father’s Day card I received from my son this morning (he can’t spell parrying, which is apparently something I’m not so good at!)

7A6B9289-49B0-48BD-89FD-A3C45A811CD3.thumb.jpeg.6517ea4fd1b5882718aa14d3832cf429.jpeg

(I should add that the message for Daddy at the bottom is just a running joke and he’s not being serious!)

Fuck Dark Souls, why aren't we addressing your crippling marshmallow addiction?

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Spacehost said:

Fuck Dark Souls, why aren't we addressing your crippling marshmallow addiction?

Perfect for roasting at Bonfires :) 

• Upvote 5

Just a quick one to note that I did indeed beat the Bed of Chaos after several more attempts.

In hindsight it was super basic, but it's so far removed from every other boss battle in terms of strategy that it took me ages to figure out. After crawling back to Firelink Shrine I did a brief spot of levelling up, then I went underground, and after studying every single item in my inventory and rereading all the god damn descriptions again I finally figured out how to attack the ghosts. Amazing that I could have done this right at the beginning of the game and I just assumed again and again that I wasn't supposed to be here yet until I'd almost beaten the entire thing.

And that's where I left it.

Although I hate it when status effects are time based, I am looking forward to exploring this area and inevitably finding an item that would have been of massive benefit to me for the entire fucking playthrough.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, David Heath said:

Although I hate it when status effects are time based

There are other ways to kill the ghosts that are not time limited

I keep forgetting to spam the thread!  We're up to episode 10, going backwards through the Depths, which are now called the Sluiceworks (nice), because we've got to! 

This mod is ace <3

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, Hawklord said:

There are other ways to kill the ghosts that are not time limited

Neither of which I've ever bothered with!! Transient curses ftw. 

• Upvote 1