rllmuk
Cyhwuhx

Dark Souls Remastered

On which platform will you remaster death?  

329 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Davros sock drawer said:

The boss remixes look great fun @robdood, especially the Capra Demon in your latest ep.

That Capra is a little bugger!  I've recorded a few episodes further, he does show up again! And is just as capricious! 

Also, I still haven't worked out how to ring the first bell of awakening. :hmm:

2 hours ago, robdood said:

That Capra is a little bugger!  I've recorded a few episodes further, he does show up again! And is just as capricious! 

Also, I still haven't worked out how to ring the first bell of awakening. :hmm:

You found the gauntlets right next to the bell, so I just assumed you need to get them to +5 or something 

22 hours ago, robdood said:

Neither of which I've ever bothered with!! Transient curses ftw. 

I remember setting a stopwatch to time the transient curses so I wouldn’t get caught out with the status stopping in the middle of a fight (this happened a few times first resulting in death).

• Upvote 2

In subsequent playthroughs I just bombed it through the areas where you needed a Transient curse or the more permanent solution..I absolutely hated getting piled on by the ghosts even when I could fight back :D

30 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

You found the gauntlets right next to the bell, so I just assumed you need to get them to +5 or something 

Tried that.  Levelled them a fair bit, no dice.  Tried heavier gloves.  No dice.  It's a bit annoying!

26 minutes ago, Monkeyspill said:

I remember setting a stopwatch to time the transient curses so I wouldn’t get caught out with the status stopping in the middle of a fight (this happened a few times first resulting in death).

You can just leave the item equipped on your quick item slot, the picture will be dakr while the effect is active, then brightens again once it's run out. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, robdood said:

You can just leave the item equipped on your quick item slot, the picture will be dakr while the effect is active, then brightens again once it's run out. 

The problem is it happens suddenly and takes a second to reactivate. If you’re in one of the buildings and dealing with ghosts at that specific moment it runs out, it’s easy to panic and mess up. Having a stopwatch next to me made it easier in that If I had 20 seconds or so  left, I’d get somewhere relatively safe and wait.

Finally, we got the large ember.  Let's finish off Sen's forge!

• Upvote 1

Another baffling roadblock presents itself.. this mod, man!

• Upvote 1

Hello. Gargoyles keep killing me.

• Upvote 4
  • Empathy 3

Expect me to rubbish up this thread now. 

Anyway, is there anywhere to get some more Bolt Paper...  I mean Gold stuff to lighting up my blade?

33 minutes ago, APM said:

Not at all. Always great to have fresh DS blood. Was just thankful of that plural for your blood pressure's sake.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, APM said:

Anyway, is there anywhere to get some more Bolt Paper...  I mean Gold stuff to lighting up my blade?

Nah, there's been a fairly steady run of new players recently. Always welcome :) 

Try keeping behind them and, coming from BB, make sure you use your shield! Also, they are weak to fire.

And don't forget you can summon Gary Sunshine right before the fight

1 hour ago, APM said:

As a recent new player myself, I’m looking forward to hearing of your adventures (and immense frustration at points if your experience is anything like mine!)

Can’t help on the resin stuff though I’m afraid as I never used it. 

What class did you start with?

2 hours ago, APM said:

Hello. Gargoyles keep killing me.

Make sure you have a +5 weapon.  Two hand.  Avoid attacks instead of blocking.  The shield really is a distraction you don't ever really need. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Hawklord said:

Nah, there's been a fairly steady run of new players recently. Always welcome :) 

Try keeping behind them and, coming from BB, make sure you use your shield! Also, they are weak to fire.

And don't forget you can summon Gary Sunshine right before the fight

Also ignore this guy ;)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, robdood said:

Make sure you have a +5 weapon.  Two hand.  Avoid attacks instead of blocking.  The shield really is a distraction you don't ever really need. 

Yeah, did them before I read this, but this is what I did. They were quite easy in the end. It was the run up to them that was fucking annoying. Anyway, rang a bell. Go me.

• Upvote 6

So, early impressions. The moment to moment combat is nowhere near as enjoyable as BB. This has a detrimental effect on enjoyment of it. I mean, it's silly that I can just circle around an opponent in this and stab them in the back. And when I mean circle, I mean pushed up against them and just be turning quicker than them so I can backstab them. Visually, it feels really empty. I know this is because it's a 360 title at heart, but the level of visual quality is huge in comparison to BB. And it feels so slow and yet still jerky. I'm not sure, at this point, and I'm ready to be proven wrong, that it stands up to modern expectations if you're coming at this now. This is all initial impressions though, so will see how it goes. Also, the initial boss fights - the thing in the initial dungeon, Taurus demon and gargoyles - were pretty underwhelming. 

It’s inevitably going to feel like that in a way - it’s a 2011 game I think? But, and it’s a big but  - the construction of the world and the way you travel through it, is unparalleled IMO. You have only had a taste so far..

I still think some of the vistas and set pieces (such as the big red Drake on the bridge) look pretty gorgeous though.

9 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

What gear and weapons are you using btw?

I've got a sword, dual handed, and a chain mail vest. Keeping it light. 

So when does that moment happen in this? You know, like the bits in BB when you find the shortcut from TFW to IC, or beating R and seeing all the A everywhere? 

All the time, over and over again. That’s really the magic of dark souls. 

7 minutes ago, Broker said:

All the time, over and over again. That’s really the magic of dark souls. 

Well... It hasn't happened yet... But I'm not writing it off... 

Most people feel that tingle when they take the lift from the parish back to firelink. But to put it in perspective, I can get as far as you as now on a new save in about 15 minutes. You've only explored one area so far. 

You're still in Central Yarnham, like. 

Fuck this game is tough! I keep getting killed.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, APM said:

I've got a sword, dual handed, and a chain mail vest. Keeping it light. 

So when does that moment happen in this? You know, like the bits in BB when you find the shortcut from TFW to IC, or beating R and seeing all the A everywhere? 

It’s hard to talk about without spoilers but the sheer verticality of the map won’t have hit you yet. But it will. 

Going dowwwwwn...

51 minutes ago, ZOK said:

Fuck this game is tough! I keep getting killed.

My I recommend my FUCKING AMAZING beginners guide. Spoiler free! Rllmuk certified. 

Dark Souls Remastered Absolute Beginner's Guide: