Dark Souls Remastered

Cyhwuhx

On which platform will you remaster death?  

338 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 minutes ago, ZOK said:

Quick question about the first Undead Burg tower with the Talus demon up top and the boss knight at the bottom. On the right angle stairs up to the entrance, there is a crack in the wall that you can walk off, with a small ledge below. 

I managed to walk off it and land on the ledge, but turned the wrong way and fell off, and I tried again about ten times and kept going straight down the side into the abyss so I left it. Can you go down there, or did I just have a glitch? There seem to be some stairs on the ledge.

There’s nothing down there when you do manage to hit it. It looks like maybe an item was supposed to go there but if you drop onto the ledge there’s nothing and the only way off is to roll off and die.

15 minutes ago, Broker said:

There’s nothing down there when you do manage to hit it. It looks like maybe an item was supposed to go there but if you drop onto the ledge there’s nothing and the only way off is to roll off and die.

Cool, thanks!

My crapness at this game is knobbing me off. I’ve gone quite a way now, into the bit with the second blacksmith, all around the garden bit and basin (except for the magic door by the hidden bonfire), all around up to etc, and I’ve pinched all the loot in those areas by sneaking and running.

But I haven’t killed a single major enemy except the Talus demon I cheesed! I haven’t got any technique for black nights, giants, big knights, shiny knights, robot rats, laser moth women (I don’t know the names)...all of them I either escape or get killed by, whereas all the other enemies in the game are currently a reasonable cake walk with my gear. Rolling just isn’t in my nature.

I had a few runs when I tried to parry only and I manage it 30% of the time, which makes even basic enemies more trouble than they should be. It’s easier just to smash them into submission.

Get a blacksmith to upgrade your weapon of choice, and maybe think about levelling up your endurance stat a bit in order to buy you more stamina for blocking and evading.

Incidentally, have you rung any Bells of Awakening yet? You’re supposed to be ringing some Bells of Awakening :quote:

EDIT: Also, parrying is by no means essential, but respect if you wanna go that route. I don’t think I’ve ever managed it once in the heat of a proper battle, just dicking around every now and then when farming souls against some scrubs.

EDIT2: Also also, he’s the Taurus Demon. As in, he’s a bull and he loves listening to soulful music.

Don't give up, skeleton! It's not too bad once you 'get it'.  

Spoiler

Keep moving.  When you get to the top of the ramp, back up so you can't get hit by any other stray arrows. If you're lucky the nearest knight will fall off while trying to fight you, otherwise they're pretty easy to parry. 

I’m playing on Switch and just got past that bit today. It took me many goes, but in the end I just sprinted past everyone else, then blocked the big knight until he fell off the ledge. I’ve never been so happy to find a bonfire. 

58 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

Get a blacksmith to upgrade your weapon of choice, and maybe think about levelling up your endurance stat a bit in order to buy you more stamina for blocking and evading.

Incidentally, have you rung any Bells of Awakening yet? You’re supposed to be ringing some Bells of Awakening :quote:

EDIT: Also, parrying is by no means essential, but respect if you wanna go that route. I don’t think I’ve ever managed it once in the heat of a proper battle, just dicking around every now and then when farming souls against some scrubs.

EDIT2: Also also, he’s the Taurus Demon. As in, he’s a bull and he loves listening to soulful music.

I’vs got an axe up to +5, it makes short work of all ‘normal’ enemies, ents are a few light swipes.

I haven’t rang any bells, but there is one going off all the time in one of the above ground bits.

11 minutes ago, ZOK said:

I’vs got an axe up to +5, it makes short work of all ‘normal’ enemies, ents are a few light swipes.

I haven’t rang any bells, but there is one going off all the time in one of the above ground bits.

Trivia...you'll hear the bell ringing in your game when another player rings the bell in their game

42 minutes ago, ZOK said:

Have you found the gargoyles? 

5 minutes ago, ZOK said:

No I don’t think so, just a metal headless winged something or other and a laser moth woman.

OK. Go back to the blacksmith and head back to the church area where the lift is back to Firelink Shrine. Go up the stairs next to the lift in the church and keep going up until you hit the fog door. Be prepared for gargoyles. 

23 minutes ago, ZOK said:

Hmm, is that across a chasm behind the back of the ground flood of the lift?  

No, it's in the church at the top of the lift. As soon as you come out of the lift, look to the left. There are stairs leading up. 

This is embarrassing. I’ve finished Dark Souls many times many ways but the last time I played was on a flight home from Japan last year. 

Fired up my save and I’ve killed the Gargoyles, but I can’t remember how to get to the Lower Undead area or the Depths!!!

Not looking for help, I’ll figure it out or Google it, but it’s a far cry from being able to blitz the game and bypass huge chunks of content min maxed to fuck!

1 hour ago, APM said:

No, it's in the church at the top of the lift. As soon as you come out of the lift, look to the left. There are stairs leading up. 

Ah I’d been there before but not realised it was lifts - I found it just now by running in there from above to escape the knight. That is handy!

9 minutes ago, ZOK said:

Ah I’d been there before but not realised it was lifts - I found it just now by running in there from above to escape the knight. That is handy!

Indeed. Now head upstairs. Go slow, there's a fair mob up there. 

I’ve cleared out the Burg basement now and joined the place up, so I’ve been going up to the gargoyle fight a few times.

It’s another one that’s too tough for me - I’ve got the first one down to nearly dead more through luck than judgement, but of course by that point the second one is on top of me too and it’s all over.