IGNORED

Dark Souls Remastered

Cyhwuhx

On which platform will you remaster death?  

338 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, APM said:

Question: what do I do with these special souls I keep picking up from the bosses? I think I have four of them now and it says create a special weapon or use them for souls. How do I turn them into weapons? 

Spoiler

The giant blacksmith in anor londo. I think it's under the modify weapon option. Along with the boss soul, you need to have a sufficiently upgraded weapon of the correct type, then you can use the boss souls to turn it into a unique weapon. 

1 hour ago, Stanshall said:

At some point, it'll be an option. 

16 minutes ago, dug said:

Reveal hidden contents

The giant blacksmith in anor londo. I think it's under the modify weapon option. Along with the boss soul, you need to have a sufficiently upgraded weapon of the correct type, then you can use the boss souls to turn it into a unique weapon. 

Well, I've found that guy, but no option to use those souls. 

1 hour ago, APM said:

OK... How do you know what weapon to upgrade? 

its quite simple if you've got some decent level weapons when you talk to him. 

For eg, any curved sword at +10 + quelaags soul = quelaags fury sword. 

10 minutes ago, APM said:

Yeah, I died, too. Do you need a certain level of health or something? Also, there's no torch in this game. That's my next place to go, TOTG, and it's pitch black, but I can't remember ever seeing a torch to pick up. 

There is a torch head.

12 minutes ago, APM said:

Yeah, I died, too. Do you need a certain level of health or something? Also, there's no torch in this game. That's my next place to go, TOTG, and it's pitch black, but I can't remember ever seeing a torch to pick up. 

Long story short, there is no torch but if you don't have a Cast Light spell (or the stats for it) there are two items which will do the job for you. One is found in TOTG fairly early on, and one is found at a point a way beyond the spider boss in Blighttown (I don't know how much further you've been down there).

You do emit a light yourself which will be enough if you take it slow. 

39 minutes ago, ZOK said:

Do you have to be a certain level to do that? The one time I jumped in the well I died!

I also does when I went back to the Undead Asylum, man that got tough!

11 minutes ago, APM said:

You need to jump clean into the well, no clipping the sides. It's tricky but keep at it.

11 hours ago, robdood said:

its quite simple if you've got some decent level weapons when you talk to him. 

For eg, any curved sword at +10 + quelaags soul = quelaags fury sword. 

So I've upgraded the wrong weapons... Ace. 

4 minutes ago, APM said:

So I've upgraded the wrong weapons... Ace. 

For him.. You still haven't met all the blacksmiths.. Edit - or collected all the boss souls! You haven't done anything wrong..!

2 minutes ago, Stanshall said:

Long story short, there is no torch but if you don't have a Cast Light spell (or the stats for it) there are two items which will do the job for you. One is found in TOTG fairly early on, and one is found at a point a way beyond the spider boss in Blighttown (I don't know how much further you've been down there).

I’ve got something (a ring I think) which give me a Poise benefit (no idea), that seems to emit a light around me, would that work?

@APM @ZOK don't listen to @GamesGamesGames.. This has gone on long enough.

Re the well

Spoiler

It's a troll as old as this thread, newbies are often encouraged to jump down the well. It does indeed kill you. You fell for it. 

That clip I posted was part of a mod someone has made, allegedly. 

2 minutes ago, robdood said:

@APM @ZOK don't listen to @GamesGamesGames.. This has gone on long enough.

Re the well

Reveal hidden contents

It's a troll as old as this thread, newbies are often encouraged to jump down the well. It does indeed kill you. You fell for it. 

That clip I posted was part of a mod someone has made, allegedly. 

Hark at the Souls police.

Just now, ZOK said:

I’ve got something (a ring I think) which give me a Poise benefit (no idea), that seems to emit a light around me, would that work?

No, that light is just a visual cue of the status effect. Your character produces a dim light in dark areas whatever you're wearing.

For info, Poise is a kind of semi-hidden stat which determines how easily you can be staggered or stagger enemies. In DS3, they basically removed it (long story short) but in DS1 you could build a heavy armour poise beast and tank anything and flatten them with a massive club, etc. 

1 minute ago, Stanshall said:

No, that light is just a visual cue of the status effect. Your character produces a dim light in dark areas whatever you're wearing.

For info, Poise is a kind of semi-hidden stat which determines how easily you can be staggered or stagger enemies. In DS3, they basically removed it (long story short) but in DS1 you could build a heavy armour poise beast and tank anything and flatten them with a massive club, etc. 

I was tempted to try that. 

Spoiler

I found all of Havel's stuff in AL. It all weighs loads but I imagine I could just beast anything. Aside from the wheel skeletons. Those fuckers can do one. 

8 minutes ago, Stanshall said:

Isn’t there another way to emit light?

Sticking your head up that rank beastie’s arse that sent bawjawz loopy? Or is that the item near Blighttown that you’re on about? Cause I remember it being closer to Lost Izalith when all that goes down?

Four ways to illuminate:

-magic spell

-kill all the necromancers in the catacombs, one of them will 100 % drop an item

-The little maggots in the tunnel/bridge connecting Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith (4-5 on each side, only the 'special one' on the Lost Izalith side of the wall will drop it. You can drop the wall and create a shortcut by joining and levelling up in the Chaos Servant Covenant)

-item on a corpse in Tombs of the Giants (same item you get from killing the necromancer(s) in the catacombs)

Just now, robdood said:

Hey, APM already less than impressed with the game, let's not push him over the edge :p

It's not that. It's just that nothing is very well explained. And I know that's the thing and the purpose of the wiki, but just a hint to say what type of weapon this soul is good for would help. It's a big game, and you feel that without a guide you can miss so much or not understand where you have gone wrong or not realised. I'm not sure it has the pull that BB had on me by this stage of the game to make me want to do it all again. 

6 minutes ago, APM said:

It's not that. It's just that nothing is very well explained. And I know that's the thing and the purpose of the wiki, but just a hint to say what type of weapon this soul is good for would help. It's a big game, and you feel that without a guide you can miss so much or not understand where you have gone wrong or not realised. I'm not sure it has the pull that BB had on me by this stage of the game to make me want to do it all again. 

Bloodborne is definitely better at giving you more of a trail to follow. However, Dark Souls has far more to uncover on subsequent runs, and not least due to build variety and sequence breaking.

The NPC quests are largely impossible to complete without knowing what you're doing. Very few will run their course without your explicit deliberate involvement. There will be areas and NPCs and quests which you won't see on this playthrough. As great as the first run of Dark Souls is for the unknown and tiptoeing round corners, it's once you start to familiarise yourself with all of the moving parts and mechanics and the ambiguous lore that you feel its depth.