IGNORED

Dark Souls Remastered

Cyhwuhx

On which platform will you remaster death?  

338 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Gwyn was a piece of piss compared to Bed of Chaos. Almost beat him on my first try but I was tired and couldn’t see clearly. Second time I just kept parrying him and only got hit (grabbed!) a couple of times.

I got the “bad” ending though as I walked out of the arena (wanted to see what else I could do before lighting the flame).

Still, I’m going to attempt new game plus (after a few week’s rest!)

24 minutes ago, clumpyjamie said:

Gwyn was a piece of piss compared to Bed of Chaos. Almost beat him on my first try but I was tired and couldn’t see clearly. Second time I just kept parrying him and only got hit (grabbed!) a couple of times.

I got the “bad” ending though as I walked out of the arena (wanted to see what else I could do before lighting the flame).

with Gwyn it's just parry for days and he is done...... hardly a challenge.

I found Manus more of a challenge.... Then I found out you can kill him without stepping foot into the boss room....

5 minutes ago, Profgoten said:

I found Manus more of a challenge.... Then I found out you can kill him without stepping foot into the boss room....

I summoned Sif for Manus. It made the fight pretty easy.

I couldn’t kill the dragon in the DLC area though.

29 minutes ago, clumpyjamie said:

It's only the bad ending if you think sacrificing yourself as a pawn to keep a family of self-important gods going for another generation (and damning countless of you successors to the same fate) is a good thing.

Luckily though we know Aldrich will eventually come along and put an end to it all anyway.

Been away for a few weeks, but got back to my all-Sorcerer build over the weekend, making short work of NL Ruins and Four Kings, and the Duke's area. Seath was fiddly though, as he eats Soul Arrows for breakfast, but eventually took him down after chunking him with Soul Spear. Off to the DLC and did Sanctuary Guardian second go. 

Artorias was a LOT harder though, as most of my Spears where missing him as he jumps around the place, and he hits my puny VIT character HARD. Took about a dozen or so goes, but eventually it was Homing Soulmass that did the business. Just fire it up, let him jump and it unloads as you roll away. It was still ugly and touch and go, with badly timed heels and casts, but he finally fell at 1:30 last night. First thing I've ever recorded on my PS4 to watch at my leisure. Manus and Kalameet next, should be interesting.

Ornstein and Smough are DOWN with my SL1 guy. I only got hit once as well, bit annoyed I didn't perfect it! Ornstein only took 4 hits of great combustion to die.

Playing at SL1 really forces you to be careful and think about how you play. I can still do a huge amount of damage, but most things can easily one-shot you. Centipede Demon was an absolute nightmare. That whole boss is a bit of a mess, and it was just down to luck whether I beat him or not. Almost all of his attacks are one-hit kills, but its even worse when you get tangled up in a camera angle, and cant see what you are supposed to be dodging.

The quality of the game really does drop after Sens and Anor Londo. That said though, almost anything is a step down after those two masterpieces. With the exception of maybe New Londo Ruins, the levels that I have left to do are pretty rubbish. Not looking forward to that stupid tree boss, as he will be really difficult with practically zero poise and vitality.

One thing that I found really cool in this run was realising just how open the levels are in terms of which order you can do them in. For example, if you were batshit crazy, you could do Blightown first. The depths is actually an optional level I think. Does that make undead burg an optional level too? As if you don't need the key to the depths from capra demon? Actually, thinking about it, there is no way to get to undead parish and Sens without going through undead burg first? As none of the shortcuts would be open?

You can skip all of undead burg and parish I think. So if you have the master key, you go through valley of the drakes, get the elevator up to darkroot, then run through to Andre. No need to fight Capra or Taurus.

God I love this game :wub:

On 29/07/2018 at 15:09, joemul said:

I wonder if it’s proving incompatible with the Switch’s excellent sleep mode feature?

I'm not sure what's different about the sleep mode feature on the Switch compared to PS4/XB1 that would cause a problem. Despite buying the remaster on launch I still haven't actually even played it but iirc Bloodborne and DS3 just carried on where you left off but you were in offline mode and had to toggle online mode back on. I think? Someone who's actually played this version can probably give a better response....

The Dark Souls games don't seem to like sleep mode very much on PS4 - if you suspend and resume while in the game, it dumps you back to the title screen with an admonishing message saying that the game hadn't been shut down properly.

2 hours ago, kempstar said:

AND, even if you don't have the master key, you can get to the valley of drakes via new londo ruins, but not sure if anything has to be done before you drain the water?

Ingward only gives you the key to the seal if you’ve got the lord vessel but he does drop it if killed so it is technically possible to skip Taurus and Capra without the master key.

3 hours ago, kempstar said:

You can skip all of undead burg and parish I think. So if you have the master key, you go through valley of the drakes, get the elevator up to darkroot, then run through to Andre. No need to fight Capra or Taurus.

God I love this game :wub:

Would it be possible to ring the bell after the Gargoyles if you skipped the Parish though?

This is all I've played since the remaster came out, apart from a couple of nights with No Man's Sky. Back on Souls duty full time now. 

I was hanging around the endgame for ages with my Sorcerer, invading a bit and mostly helping with Artorias and Kalameet (love putting my sign down there as you never know which boss you'll be doing) before I decided to go into NG+ - kind of wish I hadn't bothered now, I just find myself rushing from boss to boss and with sorcery equipped, they're all going down in a couple of spells. Even the Stray Demon who is usually a total ballache for me could only withstand a couple of Dark Beads and crystal Soul Arrows before departing. 

Tonight I'll do Sen's, open the Duke's archives, complete Logan's quest again and open up the DLC and stay in Oolacile town, it's just alive for invading and helping out there.

Well you would have to do a bit of it... up through Darkroot, past the titanite demon, past Andre, through the church, up the steps.... So you have to go through it to get to the gargoyles, but can miss out most of it, and you dont have to go via taurus demon.

20 hours ago, kempstar said:

Well you would have to do a bit of it... up through Darkroot, past the titanite demon, past Andre, through the church, up the steps.... So you have to go through it to get to the gargoyles, but can miss out most of it, and you dont have to go via taurus demon.

I never even considered that skipping Taurus was possible. 

Build inspiration: 

Thanks for that Broker, amazing how many options are open from the start. It makes me love the game even more.

Like @kempstar said then, it's feasible to do Blightown directly after arriving in Firelink, ring Quelaag's Bell first, then go to the Gargoyles, ring their bell, and then on to Sen's. That would make O+S what, your fourth proper boss (not counting Asylum Demon) after Iron Golem? Terrifying to even contemplate. I'll try it on my next build.

On 29/07/2018 at 11:07, Profgoten said:

I used the giant to wing the dragon, made the fight so much easier xD that and the random dude who killed me twice in the area saw I was clearly looking to fight the dragon and offered to help haha

1 hour ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Like @kempstar said then, it's feasible to do Blightown directly after arriving in Firelink, ring Quelaag's Bell first, then go to the Gargoyles, ring their bell, and then on to Sen's. That would make O+S what, your fourth proper boss (not counting Asylum Demon) after Iron Golem? Terrifying to even contemplate. I'll try it on my next build.

You'd be taking on Quelaag with no weapon upgrades or resin though. Perhaps start as a sorcerer to get soul arrow?