IGNORED

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

12 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Looks like the end of cheap Russian and SA games after the 21st. 

fqzqc1n1pdb21.png

(Taken from the South African eshop. There's a similar one on the Russian store).

Note, ‘published by Nintendo’. You used to be able to buy first party games for little over £30 on the South African store, then they put the prices up some time ago and they were more or less level with UK prices. It hasn’t been worth buying them from the SA store for a while now.

Yeah, Nintendo published games weren't that much cheaper on there so it probably won't make much of a difference. It's a bit of a shame but at least it won't affect third party games (unless they see this change and decide to follow suit).

23 minutes ago, deKay said:

Can’t argue with facts. It’s likely there is going to be one, but they’ve not said, there isn’t always one, and the most rumoured date (the 10th) has passed.

I know, of course. I'm just being playful. You're quite right. 

1 hour ago, Paulando said:

Note, ‘published by Nintendo’. You used to be able to buy first party games for little over £30 on the South African store, then they put the prices up some time ago and they were more or less level with UK prices. It hasn’t been worth buying them from the SA store for a while now.

Pretty sure they've always been around the £42 mark.

I hope that Nintendo improves the store soon, with all the games that has been released navigating the store is starting to become frustrating and some of the older games are pretty much lost and with the popularity of the Switch it's only going to get worse.

Browse by genre.

Top sellers per genre.

Sort by price.

Add filters to browse.

Some suggestions to help people look at games they would be interested in without browsing for ages with the store getting slower every time more games getting added to bottom of list.

It's always going to be difficult. Steam has all those things, but they don't make the storefront any more useful really. I find that other sources of information (such as this forum) are always much better for determining what might be interesting. 

7 hours ago, DarkCrisis said:

Browse by genre.

Top sellers per genre.

Sort by price.

Add filters to browse.

Some suggestions to help people look at games they would be interested in without browsing for ages with the store getting slower every time more games getting added to bottom of list.

These are already there.

3 hours ago, Bushtopher said:

Has anyone bought Horizon Chase? My son enjoys playing it on my iPad, and I wondered if the Switch version is worth getting.

I picked it up. It’s fantastic. Feels very similar to the iPad version - I don’t know how different the tracks are (if at all) as I didn’t get on with the game on iPad at all. 

Having actual controls makes makes all the difference. 

10 hours ago, Bushtopher said:

Has anyone bought Horizon Chase? My son enjoys playing it on my iPad, and I wondered if the Switch version is worth getting.

Yeah, I’ve played both and the Switch version is better, simply because of the physical controls. The Switch version had a lot more stuff in it as well. Although that may have been added to the iPad version, it’s been a long tine since I played it.

There's a lot of talk in the first post about different regions etc but nothing on general payment methods. 

I want to buy Vostok Inc which will be my first digital game on my switch. I don't like saving debit card details on consoles. Is it easy to add and remove a PayPal account? Otherwise I guess I need to buy a gift card.